Justice League Unlimited "Initiation" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Post Your Thoughts on "Initiation"

Votes: 44 25.4%
  • **** 1/2

Votes: 23 13.3%

Votes: 54 31.2%
  • *** 1/2

Votes: 22 12.7%

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • ** 1/2

Votes: 4 2.3%

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • * 1/2

Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • 1/2

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

Bird Boy

WF Admin
Staff member
The Justice League returns tonight, with quite a few new friends...

Episode #1 - Initiation
Original Airdate - July 31st, 2004

A reluctant Green Arrow joins forces with the new Justice League to stop a rampaging nuclear monster in Asia.

Comments?

PaQ

Believe it!
I'm glad to see it's in widescreen, I was worried it wouldn't be.

I'm liking Ollie so far, glad he's getting most of the focus in this episode.

Jeff Harris

Creator/Webmaster, TXB
I didn't think it was possible, but this show is giving me goosebumps. So many characters never animated before. Captain Atom, Elongated Man (what, no Plas? Slag it!), a good chunk of the JSA, The Ray, even scrubs like Vibe (seriously, who invited him to this party?). This is getting good.

The Atomic Skull! He's so . . . big! At least I think that's him.

It's about time somebody did a DC Universe series.

Chad Bonin

a.k.a. Knux Five
Staff member
Reporter

Whoa! This is great. From the opening it looks like Supergirl is going to be a big part of the group. Man... I'm loving it so far.:D
As stated elsewhere (I even think I responded to you, if not another person with the exact same comment), intros are episode-centric. Kara's big in this episode, but not throughout the series.

BeastBoyWonder

Teen Titans Go!
Gotta hate the Toonami-styled commercial breaks, definately throwing a rift into the episode.

Anyway, seems pretty interesting so far... its mindless action, but its pretty fun and I can definately empathize with Green Arrow. Also, loved GL shrieking HG's first name right as he woke up :p

Rabi~en~Rose

idolmaster
hey that intro was great and I loved the music! glad I waited for its tv airing then cheated and downloaded it! :) a lot of those heroes look a little strange but I'm sure they will get to be useful and cool. Atomic Skull reminds me alot of Blight its creepy! the new Watchtower is neato and has a lot of traffic apparently :eek: I just hope the JLU doesn't turn into some kind of police force

BeastBoyWonder

Teen Titans Go!
Wow, Captain Atom's death failed to evoke any drama or sympathy from me... I just laughed. And the cheasy music certainly doesn't help.

MattThomasM2B

The End Is Here.

"Ugggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

That's the entirety of this past hour summed up.

I guess I can tell how these episodes are going to go. A normal League Member goes out with a bunch of nobodies, which incidentally have just the right powers to beat the baddie of the week. To hell with knowing who the heroes are! With Unlimited, it's a smorgasbord of people nobody knows!!

The music stinks. Too many guitars. I get it, the Justice League is 'new, improved and FRESH!!!' now go back to the old orchestral score.

You'd think that they'd be able to at least make the first story worth two episodes, but instead Superman does his speech in 5 minutes and the show that's titled "Initiation" instantly switches to, "The Justice League in North Korea."

All of that stuff about looking out for the 'little guy' and not fighting monsters and aliens, and Green Arrow changes his mind over some stupid lady putting a boot on. Way to stick to your guns there, pal.

That was a horribly pathetic orgy of lame characterization and clichés. What the hell happened? This was a HUGE let down.

KuwabaraTheMan

That Black Canary scene was awesome. Pretty solid episode, but nothing too spectacular. Supergirl, Green Arrow, and Captain Atom were all interesting.

KuwabaraTheMan said:
That Black Canary scene was awesome. Pretty solid episode, but nothing too spectacular. Supergirl, Green Arrow, and Captain Atom were all interesting.
Solid? Are you kidding me? :shrug:

BeastBoyWonder

Teen Titans Go!
Green Arrow was cool, but the rest was too corny and predictable... everybody should have seen GL's compliment coming a mile away (as well as every other 'twist' in the episode).

And this is why its not good to have talkbacks open while the episode is airing :p

True Noir

Yes! I thought the Cap. was gone for good. Supergirl is definately one of the best characters in the league. Very, VERY strong. Great episode. I really dig this show. First episode gets an A+ for impressing me so much.

PaQ

Believe it!
So Captain Atom blew up, I learned a lot more about him in this episode, then I'd ever known. At least they were able to save most of him, although I have to say that's an awfully big coincidence.

Haha. Had to laugh at Ollie and being influenced by the presence of Black Canary on the ship.. I definitely hope he is involved in a decent amount of episodes.

It's a good way to open the series, but hopefully the series will get better, I mean come on everyone thought Teen Titans would be be mediocre after "Final Exam" aired and look what we got

Temple Fugate

The writing and animation is on-par with the old Justice League. The computer animation still sucks, though we actually saw some tanks that weren't computer animated.

I'm going to keep it short, so here's the bullet points:
-The new format is ambitious and I think it'll be nice. The rotating roster will allow for unique interactions between fresh members and old ones. Plus all the fanboys get their dreams fulfilled.
-We didn't see the "next on JLU" as b.t. mentioned...looks like CN messed up again. At least it's in widescreen.
-TOO MANY GUITAR RIFFS.

Justice League Unlimited 1x01: "Initiation" - ****

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

You are on my poop list, Will Friedle and Kimmy Robertson. I will never forgive either of you. I am furious.
Currently obsessed with this Pat Benatar song. Funny, because I've listened to her music for years and I had  no idea this was her.

Will someone please ask Discotek Media to redub "Saint Tail" or just dub the undubbed episodes?
Boy, this Dan Schneider guy is pretty sketchy.

Featured Posts