Justice League Unlimited "Doomsday Sanction" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Post Your Thoughts on "Doomsday Sanction"

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bird Boy

WF Admin
Staff member
Time for another hiatus! Last new episode of JLU for a few weeks (or months, whenever new ones get scheduled)!

Episode #16 - Doomsday Sanction
Original Airdate - February 19th 2005

While Superman battles Doomsday in the heart of a Volcano, Batman discovers an elaborate conspiracy to destroy the Justice League.

Comments?

syphos

Batman is a peeping tom!:eek:

Wow the government is powerful! Lots of powerful people working together.
One of the best episodes ever!

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
Flash is still his awesome self.

Has HG or GL said anything yet in this episode?

I know Superman can survive lava and all, but how can his costume?

Smitty61050

I saw a yard gnome once...
Rabi~en~Rose said:
so was Doomsdays origin! :eek:
So I take it the comics never revealed his origin? Sorry if this is a silly question, I've never really followed DC comics that closely. :sad:

Rook

On the high edge of freedom
love how they pick the worse possible time to pick a fight.
so how many episodes will they go through with this? since we all know whats going ot happen...

Duke

Smitty61050 said:
So I take it the comics never revealed his origin? Sorry if this is a silly question, I've never really followed DC comics that closely. :sad:
I believe Doomsday was created on Krypton in the comics.

And the government conspiracy is happening all because of the Justice Lords. Terrific.

Juu-kuchi

Everypony's Starry-Eyed
Wow. The main 7 are not really fond of The Question. But hopefully we have a Question episode that focuses on his investigation.

Good to see Flash again even though he is not the focus of this episode.

MattThomasM2B

The End Is Here.

Heh, I seem to remember a thread on this board about there the werewolf episode of Batman, and most people didn't like it. I guess they've gotten their reward tonight.

Grimlock

Continuity references

Can anyone give me a full list of all the Timm universe continuity references there were??

I don't remember who Dr. Milo is.

Who was the lady with the purple hair who talked about the armor?

Were there any other dialogue references besides "Dr. Langstrom's research"? I think i missed them.

I love all this continuity stuff, but i can't remember a lot of stuff they're talking about.

Thanks in advance.

Duke

Juu-kuchi said:
Wow. The main 7 are not really fond of The Question. But hopefully we have a Question episode that focuses on his investigation.
It's not that they don't like him, they just don't like listening to his conspiracy theories about why the mail is delivered at 12:30PM instead of 12:20PM.

Grimlock said:
I don't remember who Dr. Milo is.
Milo was in two B:TAS episodes: "Cat Scratch Fever" and "Moon of the Wolf." (coincidentally on the Volume 2 Boxset).

I believe Dr. Strange "The Strange Secret of Bruce Wayne" (also from B:TAS Vol. 2) was also in the roundtable.

Killtacular

the race wars had begun
I like this episode, even with its talkiness, but I'm really, really, REALLY disappointed by the underwhelming animation. For a story this big, you'd think they would put the MAN, Joaquam, on it. And get the AAA boarders on this puppy. But they didn't. God, that Doomsday fight could have been legendary. Instead it's just mediocre, because it ends up being staged, posed, and animated as lame as any regular Justice League episode, complete with unnecessary white flashes and uninteresting cinematography. Is there only one director in the entire show that cares about the art?! After flaunting how well you can choreograph fights with the season 2 premiere, why take so many steps back? I just don't understand it.

Some of the emotions were well done, especially on Waller, but Wonder Woman looked like a robot. Whether happy, upset, angry, she had the same blank look on her face... the same with Martian Manhunter. I don't know what that's about.

Aside from the animation, the action was very tense and well thought out. The story had a good structure to it. At this point in time I'm giving the episode a B, baring the ending. I'll change this post if the ending is great or terrible.

EDIT: Already I feel I have to change this grade to a B- because the poses of Superman punching Doomsday right before throwing him into the volcano were literally taken from For the Man Who Has Everything. Ugh.

EDIT EDIT: You know what, change it back to a B. I really liked Bruce's dialogue with Superman. They always have the best conflicts.

Next episode looks like a Joaquam episode. Too bad it won't be a while until it airs. :/

Rabi~en~Rose

idolmaster
does b.t. have a thing for really really ugly CG? :sweat: just wondering......

despite all of Batmans actions in this episode my eyes were on Superman hoping and praying he didn't beat Doomsday the way Lords Superman did... and OH MY GOSH HE TRIED TO NOW I AM SCARED :( :( :( I so did not like the JL's interogation of Doomsday either :( I don't know what to think

Knight

Emerald Knight
Wow

Luthor running for President
Tha Batman /Amanda Waller confrontation
ALL of the big 7 at the round table
Galateas almost up and running again
Doomsdays origin (cloned from Superman)
Dr. Milo from BTAS (now deceased)
Batman with Amanda Waller's private presidential number :p
Phantom Zoning Doomsday (hey I think that was a good idea)
Uh Oh Batman's starting to have his doubts :ack:

Informative ep.

Duke

Rabi~en~Rose said:
does b.t. have a thing for really really ugly CG? :sweat: just wondering......
Yea, you gotta wonder. I mean, JL has a relatively huge budget, yet friggin D.I.C.E. has better CG...

Anyway, it seems like Hades is coming back soon. Yay!

Juu-kuchi

Everypony's Starry-Eyed
Duke said:
It's not that they don't like him, they just don't like listening to his conspiracy theories about why the mail is delivered at 12:30PM instead of 12:20PM.
I know that. Their not-so positive reaction of him made it seem that way though.

Other than that, it was a good episode that progressed the hidden storyline. Then we get previews of "Double Date" and all the others, further increasing my impatience for the next few episodes, which is further magnified at CN's way of scheduling them, since next week is an old one.

Captain Clown

Ah, it's all coming to the head. Well, now that they've gotten all that out of the way, I guess we can get to the real surprises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

WBD announces a Meerkat Manor animated film. In other news, the world suddenly remembers Meerkat Manor exists.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)

Featured Posts