Justice League "Starcrossed" Series Finale Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate "Starcrossed" and Post Your Comments

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Cartoon Network premieres the all new, three-part series finale of Justice League "Starcrossed" tonight at 7:30pm (ET). Check your local listings. This is it. The end has begun.

Episode #50 - 52 "Starcrossed, Parts 1 - 3"
Original Airdate - May 29th, 2004 - Series Finale. Becomes Justice League Unlimited.

When a Thanagarian force arrives and occupies Earth, Hawkgirl is torn between loyalty to her homeland and love of her adopted planet.

Comments?

Note: Please save any comments until after the finale has aired. If you feel you must comment, please make the post more than just a few words. Talkbacks aren't meant to be AIM conversations.

jeffrey 228

Let's just hope that other series like Teen Titans or The Batman, does not get forgoten and stuff, and I hope this movie is interesting.

DSRGirl

Speaking of Teen Titans, the alien species the Thangarians say attacked the earth are the Gordarians right? Starfire said in "Sisters" The Gordarians sign of attacking are similar to Fireworks. So I knew right away the Thangarians were being a bunch of sneaks. And also, I kind of read a few spoilers on this movie. Still, makes you think dosen't it?

Stu

Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Jim Harvey said:
Note: Please save any comments until after the finale has aired. If you feel you must comment, please make the post more than just a few words. Talkbacks aren't meant to be AIM conversations

Please listen to the man. This isn't a chat room, please watch the episode then post your comments.

Chad Bonin

a.k.a. Knux Five
Staff member
Reporter

Please listen to the man. This isn't a chat room, please watch the episode then post your comments.
Note, this is of special importance to the influx of Toonami forum-ers, who are extremely used to posting throughout the show, pointing out references in Duel Masters, Megas XLR, and such.

Mystic Shadow

Escapes Death once a day
Amazing Spidey said:
My apologies. I did not realize Talkbacks were done differently on the DCAU.

Cyber E.

gundam123 said:
knux has a point there. we always post during the show. even before.
The rules are different for this forum, so you should just respect them and wait until its over.

jeffrey 228

Cyber E. said:
The rules are different for this forum, so you should just respect them and wait until its over.
I'm sorry, Amazing Spidey, Jim Harvey, and Knux Five for violating the rules in this forum, since I have already made troble in this forum.

Chad Bonin

a.k.a. Knux Five
Staff member
Reporter

No problem, it's not like it's uber-bad or poke-able or anything; I myself fell victim to the Toonami syndrom of posting stuff as it airs (Heck, I almost made a reference to JLA/Avengers [Superman with Mjolnir], but had to exit out when I remembered).

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Too all the regular posters at the Toonami Forum, come right in! Things may be done a bit different here at The World's Finest, but its still a great place to discuss some well-done superhero adventure! I'm looking forward to see what a different point of view can bring to the discussion! Don't be frightened of the hardened DCAU fans here or worried about the different surroundings, we'll do our best to help you along the best we can.

Killtacular

the race wars had begun
A couple of problems I have so far:

- The horrendous CGI. I know it is probably improved in JLU, but Jesus Christ, I've seen better CGI in the first season of Reboot. That's BAD.

- The voice acting, particularly from the new characters, is rather mediocre. I really don't like the VA for the head of the Thanagarians. But the voice acting from the main seven is a major improvement. So I guess you take the good with the bad.

- The music, as always, is bland and ineffectual. The lack orchestra is what kept JL from getting any grade from me over 7. I guess this means I won't be able to give any JLU episodes a grade of 9 or 10 either. Not that it matters to anyone; it disappoints me, is all.

Otherwise the episode is good. I wouldn't rate it up with the DTVs. But I'd rate it up with the best episodes of the series.

Captain_Lothar

THE MYSTERIOUS SAMURAI BAKER X
About the Megas XLR thing....I love that show...but it makes too much freakin' noise.

Knight

Emerald Knight
I have to say I'm kind of disappointed with cartoon networks presentation of "Starcrossed". The "Mega whatever" icon was so loud during one scene you couldnt hear what was being said by Hawkgirl and GL and it was done over and over again. And If I hadnt already seen this ep I would be a little dispappointed in the extreme use of spoilers throughtout the telecast everytime they went to commercial. Other than that the story itself was great. Cant wait til next season.

Chad Bonin

a.k.a. Knux Five
Staff member
Reporter

Yeah, the Megas bug was annoying. Toonami had a nicer bug early on (No sound, just said something like "Bionicle: Saturday. Follow the Leader")

And... what would you have them use for the bumpers?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts