"Justice League" Season 2 - Week 1 - Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate this week's new to Toonami "Justice League" episodes!

Votes: 1 20.0%

Votes: 2 40.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
Back from the past, it's the "Justice League!" "Samurai Jack" suddenly disappears, instead it is the weekday premiere of "Justice League" Season 2. This is the official talkback thread for the episodes of "Justice League" premiering on Toonami October 20th through October 23rd at 5.5 PM (4.5 Central). Prepare to work together to comment on these episodes! While this thread covers the entire week please feel free to post about the episodes as they air.

Luthor is back, but will it actually be sleep deprivation that does in the League? Tune in to find out. Weekdays... Only Toonami.

Spoilers: If the episode has already aired on Toonami you do not need to worry about using spoiler tags. If you must comment on episodes that have not yet aired on Toonami you will need to use spoiler tags due to the number of people who have not seen the rest of the series. Thank you!

Episode Titles:

Monday - 'Tabula Rasa Pt. 1'
Tuesday - 'Tabula Rasa Pt. 2'
Wednesday - 'Only a Dream Pt. 1'
Thursday - 'Only a Dream Pt. 2'

Rabi~en~Rose

idolmaster
already?! I wasn't watching Jack but geez this is overkill! S2 is gonna be more over-ran then the first at this rate! The first 5 arcs are gonna be especially over-ran!
chicken.gif

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
If you don't count the repeat two hours later (since it is the same night anyway), these episodes have really only been played once. I don't see how that is overplayed at all.

Rabi~en~Rose

idolmaster
I do count those ehee!

there's only 26 eps which isn't much to begin with..but since these can only premiere on SVES....

after the first 3 weeks toonami would have caught up to SVES leaving mon&tues as the days to air the most recent saturday eps and wed&thurs with repeats of the S2 eps aired just recently on Toonami.

now thats overkill especially depending on how long JL sticks around toonami this time! I don't like how SVES is airing a full arc a week but this is soooo much worse. they better rotate in some S1 episodes or else S2 will take over the re-run crown.
chicken.gif

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
We don't have full episode titles for November, however if they keep something similar to what they are currently indicating November will be a mix of Season 1 and 2 episodes, thus by November there will be around 36 episodes and growing.

Personnally, I don't count the same night JL repeat as a separate run since it is on so late (same with the late late Adult Swim repeats), but it is all in how you look at it.

Sora Takenouchi

Star Stealer!
This week: Tabula Rasa and Only A Dream
Next week: Maid of Honor and this week's episode
the week after: the week before's episode and...????

Would be nice if they premiered an S2 ep there, but that's when they'll rerun S1 again right?

Rabi~en~Rose

idolmaster
Sora Takenouchi said:
This week: Tabula Rasa and Only A Dream
Next week: Maid of Honor and this week's episode
the week after: the week before's episode and...????

Would be nice if they premiered an S2 ep there, but that's when they'll rerun S1 again right?

No because SVES will have run 2 more eps by week 3.
chicken.gif

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
"Would be nice if they premiered an S2 ep there, but that's when they'll rerun S1 again right?"

Currently the first JL episode scheduled for November is Pt. 3 of The Savage Time (followed by both parts of Twilight and Tabula Rasa). That doesn't make any sense though since Parts 1 and 2 of The Savage Time are not scheduled. The sudden October schedule change has thrown a wrench in the previously known November schedule. Thus, we will have to wait for a new November update in response to the October change.

SilverKnight

Sigh.
I'm assuming they're only putting on JL for a week, maybe two, tops. November, the schedule is changing again anyway, right? I mean, I like JL and all, but I would've liked seeing Samurai Jack at least finish it's 'run' on Toonami. Three weeks. Disgraceful.

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
Currently the November schedule is a continuation of the current schedule that includes Justice League. The only major question at this point is which JL episodes will be airing then.

If Samurai Jack is to come back, I wouldn't expect to see it until January at the earliest. Assuming it was pulled due to not getting target ratings, it likely wouldn't be back before the holiday season is over.

Depending on how much CN needs the Toonami ratings, I wonder if we could see a quick 1 or 2 runs of the first 13 episodes of Teen Titans around late Nov./into Dec.?

Obi

SEVEN. MONDAY.
Justice League's already back?!?

Jeez...I thought they were going to start on Novebmer 3rd. Could've at least given Jack a couple more weeks. It makes it seem as if he had a guest spot rather than an actual stay.

Chad Bonin

a.k.a. Knux Five
Staff member
Reporter

I'm thinking Justice League was thrown in there because of the major ratings it got for reruns last time (due in part to Totally Spies!), plus more recent episodes for people who haven't been around on Saturday nights...

I doubt Jack did horrid in ratings... could CN have already gotten rating reports from the first three weeks?

With Season 1 of Teen Titans done, I'm EXPECTING a Toonami run by January at the latest. Late November to Early December would be my bet, and I know Toonami wouldn't bless us with an hour of DC, so when Justice League goes on leave, expecting Young Justice... err... Teen Titans to show up.

Really, it sorta depends on how Kids' WB deals with Teen Titans. If they do one episode every Saturday, there should be no problem with daily Toonami episodes. If they jump the gun and do weekdays, it'd be hard to get it on Toonami.

Of course, when X-Men: Evolution and Jackie Chan Adventures finish on Kids' WB, I expect them to get some form of a Toonami run.

Killtacular

the race wars had begun
Jack is removed because it will be airing on weeknights soon, in cooperation with Clone Wars, in order to bring audiences the maximum Genndy exposure a man could possibly handle.

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
"Jack is removed because it will be airing on weeknights soon, in cooperation with Clone Wars, in order to bring audiences the maximum Genndy exposure a man could possibly handle."

A couple weeks ago Jack was already scheduled to be removed in November, likely for this reason. This doesn't explain though why Jack was suddenly removed two weeks early, leaving it with only a three week run on Toonami, even though Clone Wars/maximum Genndy doesn't start for 3 more weeks.

Animation Otaku

The only thing I can think of is that either Jack got horrible ratings or that JL S2's premier ratings were much better than anticipated.

SilverKnight

Sigh.
I agree with Animation Otaku. I'd say it would be a mix of both--most people that have watched Jack have seen the first twenty episode a gazillion times (with exceptions--me, for example), and the JL season two episodes have most likely been getting tremendous ratings from DC fans wanting (and expecting) a good season of JL.

And, I don't care how many people may dislike Tabula Rasa--I like the episode. So nya. :p

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts