"Justice League" Movie Talkback (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Justice League - Rate and Discuss the Live-Action Movie!

• Total voters

Mostezli

Corroborating with EVIL
May 28, 2014
I knew of Cyborg on "Super Friends: Super Powers" and then on Teen Titans. I was a fickle DC fan growing up, as I read Batman, some Swamp Thing, some Flash, some Superman. Most of these I only really got into because of television & film adaptations.

As for the Justice League film, even non-fans wondered who Cyborg was. It also didn't help that Superman was a no show on posters & Aquaman wasn't Caucasian. If I hadn't read comics or keep apart of the comicbook fandom for 25+ years, I would be confused too.
I also knew him from Smallville (and could've sworn he was a regular after the JL founding in that universe).
After the DCAU, I figured either John Stewart or Static would become DC's most exposed black hero, but that wound up going to Cyborg.

Ironically that's why the shortchanged character development within the theatrical cut of those exact characters matter.
I read rumblings that the miniseries approach could potentially do member-focused episodes.

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
the point of no return
I also knew him from Smallville (and could've sworn he was a regular after the JL founding in that universe).
After the DCAU, I figured either John Stewart or Static would become DC's most exposed black hero, but that wound up going to Cyborg.

Ironically that's why the shortchanged character development within the theatrical cut of those exact characters matter.
I read rumblings that the miniseries approach could potentially do member-focused episodes.
They're planning a miniseries for Snyder's JL? Don't know about that. All I heard was the 4 hour directors cut. As far as we know, this cut will be what was planned as JL part 1 & part 2. So about roughly 1hr & 1/2 or so for each film. Honestly, WB is the same Studio who gave us the LotR Extended Cuts and Superman: Donner Cut, so people shouldn't be 100% shocked. I'm just curious how this is going to pan out. However, now is the perfect time as no one is terribly busy. I just expect the budget to be swelling in light of this virus.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Mostezli

Corroborating with EVIL
May 28, 2014
They're planning a miniseries for Snyder's JL? Don't know about that. All I heard was the 4 hour directors cut. As far as we know, this cut will be what was planned as JL part 1 & part 2. So about roughly 1hr & 1/2 or so for each film. Honestly, WB is the same Studio who gave us the LotR Extended Cuts and Superman: Donner Cut, so people shouldn't be 100% shocked. I'm just curious how this is going to pan out. However, now is the perfect time as no one is terribly busy. I just expect the budget to be swelling in light of this virus.
Check out the Hollywood Reporter article, since that's the most direct coverage of the story.

I haven't seen mention of the part 2 and some outlets are correcting the record on having any possible part 2 portions. This movie alone originally clocked in somewhere between 3 and 4 hours.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
They're planning a miniseries for Snyder's JL? Don't know about that. All I heard was the 4 hour directors cut.
They're considering a mini-series format for the Snyder Cut. As in six parts because it's a the Snyder Cut of JL is 3 to 4 hour total. It's just one of many formats they're mulling over. Like release the cut in parts instead of the whole 3-4 hours at once. The proposed movie sequel Snyder had in mind before he was replaced has nothing to do with what's coming to HBO Max. It's just the Justice League movie.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
May 18, 2006
East Northport
Honestly I think that one is 100% true and makes totally logical sense and is the obvious truth. Yeah I'm sure Zack wanted to make reshoots to the film but yeah not only can that NOT happen now because of Coronoa-19 halting any sort of major production, but that would result in the very least the doubling of the already generous 25 million Snyder was given to make this cut in the first place. A cut that was green lit by Warner Brothers to promote their streaming service and to have something be able to put in a form of production during this pandemic that would obvioulsy attract people that would be as it's own project but wouldn't have to cost as much as a specific project. Like seriously this Snyder Cut was made for the fans to attract people to HBO Max and quite honestly to me to be the full swan song to Snyder's take on the DCEU. I'm still in the believe that Wonder Woman 1984 is going to totally revamp the timeline and remove most of Snyder's influence from films going forward so this is going to serve as his own personal last hurrah with these characters and this world. And WB is fine giving him the money to finish a cut of that to appease fans but yeah made it clear this isn't going to lead to more projects nor is it something that they are going to pay reshoots for. Snyder will just have to use what was filmed and have his VFX team cobble it together into a solid cut to appease the fans who want it and then move on from DC as the DCEU goes forward with new projects or ones who actually delivered for the general fans.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA

Mostezli

Corroborating with EVIL
May 28, 2014
New report says there won't be any re-shoots for the "Snyder Cut", at most only some additional dialogue recording.
(I imagine we'll have a lot of conflicting reports about this in the upcoming months.)
She conflicted it the day of.

The THR article says "additional dialogue".

Thought this was something:

I wanna say that's unlikely, but this was unlikely and we had for the first time ever precedence of different live-action incarnations of Batman/Bruce Wayne airing so close to each other followed by Infinite Crisis Flashes & Supermen.
AT&T has also been rather cheeky in regard to the "Ayer Cut" and it potentially looks like HBO Max may back what couldn't be done theatrically with the DCEU.

reflection01

Jul 16, 2005
She gets a lot of hate for the she part.

She’s an attractive young woman who has staked out a nice spot in the industry and that pisses off a lot of weak men.

Good for her.

Much of this news about the Snyder Cut just reeks of desperation from a rudderless studio. They rushed out to cash in by putting all their chips on the table and they failed. All they had to do was follow the MCU blueprint. Two solo films a year leading into Justice League. Maybe go light on the origins since their stories are so familiar. Not difficult. The TV side has close to a live action dozen shows post-Smallville and they do a crossover for some of them every year.

Last edited:

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
the point of no return

She’s an attractive young woman who has staked out a nice spot in the industry and that pisses off a lot of weak men.

Good for her.

Much of this news about the Snyder Cut just reeks of desperation from a rudderless studio. They rushed out to cash in by putting all their chips on the table and they failed. All they had to do was follow the MCU blueprint. Two solo films a year leading into Justice League. Maybe go light on the origins since their stories are so familiar. Not difficult. The TV side has close to a live action dozen shows post-Smallville and they do a crossover for some of them every year.
You can't say all of the JL origins are common knowledge to everyone. Aquaman has changed so much over the years, I wasn't sure myself what we were getting in his solo film. Cyborg (especially the motherbox connection outside of Smallville appearance) & Wonder Woman wasn't all that well known to some believe it or not. Yeah Supes, Bats, and Flash (because of the CW) were mostly known.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MegasMilo379

Freddy

Aug 1, 2012
I have no idea who that is.
She's a comicbook writer and film pundit. She gets alot of hate for some reason. I haven't paid all that much attention to her tbh.

Good for her.
Yeah, no. I'm sure that the are people who hate her solely for sexist reasons, because there always are, but Randolph's reputation is terrible for actual reasons. She presents herself as an intelligent movie reporter, yet constantly makes up crazy conspiracy theories which she presents as facts. She was one of the originators (or very least the most vocal distributor) of the dumb rumor that the only reason why BvS got bad reviews and Civil War good reviews was because Disney bribed critics. She even insulted a fellow critic and his wife on twitter, when he just offhandedly mentioned that they had just seen Civil War in a red carpet event and enjoyed it.

It's pretty well known at this point that she used to work for Marvel's youtube channel, was fired for unprofessional behavior and has been salty about it to this day.

dmxx116

Jul 21, 2007
New York City
Snyder showed off a image of his Darksied:
Not a fan of his Darksied design still not better and won’t be better then Marvel Studios’s Thanos.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yojimbo

Mostezli

Corroborating with EVIL
May 28, 2014
Regarding Grace Randolph...this [the snyder cut release] is apparently the only scoop she's gotten right and she urged people to get involved for the momentous trending tag last year.
Well, it's his vision.

We still haven't gotten an image of the guy in the modern era.
This one's supposed to be during that old gods vs new gods flashback.
And supposedly there's a "baby Uxas" as well.