"Justice League" Movie Talkback (Spoilers)

Justice League - Rate and Discuss the Live-Action Movie!

• Total voters

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
I have a feeling that though Snyder likely wanted to film more footage he had to first ensure DC/HBO Max "Okay no matter what I will have a full copy up without shooting anything else I just need time to work on the effects." But after very positive word of mouth and the fact that things are a bit more open to do more general filming I guess WB was willing to allow him the time to film a few more scenes to make the flow of the cut better. We'll see if this leads to anything else though I doubt it as the point of this project is to mostly use already established assests without banking much on creating entirely new footage thus I doubt much of these reshoots will be that noticeable in the long run but probably make the movie flow better.

the greenman

I have a feeling that though Snyder likely wanted to film more footage he had to first ensure DC/HBO Max "Okay no matter what I will have a full copy up without shooting anything else I just need time to work on the effects." But after very positive word of mouth and the fact that things are a bit more open to do more general filming I guess WB was willing to allow him the time to film a few more scenes to make the flow of the cut better. We'll see if this leads to anything else though I doubt it as the point of this project is to mostly use already established assests without banking much on creating entirely new footage thus I doubt much of these reshoots will be that noticeable in the long run but probably make the movie flow better.
From his and Whedon's original statements, it sounded like there might be some reshoots. Not necessarily changing too much, but to definitely make the characters correctly feel seamless.

Outside of Fisher's "Booyah" (which really felt forced and out of character for this iteration), I seem remember Cavill saying something about his Superman. Though most of us felt after his resurrection, it was definitely Superman. So....

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

the greenman

WB would be better off making a Justice League sequel then wasting money on a movie nobody care of ask for. You just can’t be wasting money on a movie that didn’t make a profit first time around.
This isn't WB this is Warner Media. I'm not even sure it'll have a physical release from WHV.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Outside of Fisher's "Booyah" (which really felt forced and out of character for this iteration)

I remember Fisher feeling especially disgusted at having to do that in the reshoots and also feeling it went against the character he wanted to do. Which yeah as fun a nod as it is to Teen Titans fans it feels off to do in this universe especially for the kids who likely would only be familiar with TTG Cyborg who yeah this feels so massively off from even in the theatrical version of this film let alone the Snyder version coming out.

WB would be better off making a Justice League sequel then wasting money on a movie nobody care of ask for. You just can’t be wasting money on a movie that didn’t make a profit first time around.

70 Million is still only a mere fraction of what went into the original JL let alone what it would take to make another one. Plus again since The Snyder Cut did get such a warm welcome from fans when that trailer was released WB must be fine sinking more money into it especially as it's such a huge get for HBO Max that they are fine doing more filming on it. I still think that the original idea wasn't to do any production work and only do more if there was a warm enough response to what was already filmed so that's what they are going with. You also have to take into consideration that though some projects are still managing to go through production others aren't thanks to Covid. Like even The Batman had to shut down filming AGAIN for awhile so it's pretty clear anything with a much more controlled quicker enviornment to shoot in right now like say reshoots only using certain actors they are fine pushing money on if they can't do some of the most biggest productions right now.

I think due to contractual issues with Cavill is another reason he's not doing any reshoots since it's unsure if he is coming back as Superman. I admit that is one of those things that makes it hard to pin down exactly what direction Warner Brothers and this new take on the DCEU is doing since I kind of thought most of what didn't work was just going to rebooted but apparently Cavill is maybe getting another shot to prove he works though guess we're just going to have to see if Snyder's original take was going to lead anywhere better then likely Whedon's take did. SInce IMHO the theatrical Justice League didn't have any of Snyder's original take on Superman and all of Cavill's scenes were reshoots (even the farm scene from the trailer Superman was wearing a shirt compared to the theatricial version where he didn't have one) so this will now just be what Snyder originially intended for yeah better or worse.

Mostezli

Not 4 Everyone & That's OK
The incentive for Aquaman to pick up his armor & trident!

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Disney Plus, HBO Max and CBS All Access are monster apps.
jmac5cicada wrote on mojokingbee1's profile.
where did you find the hanna barbera 50th anniversary special?
I wish a lot of newer cartoons got more attention
I decided not to change my username because I am fine with this one.
Hitting a major case of trouble scripting the latest issue of The Un-Iverse (F.I.S.H. #2 "The Society Of The Broken Egg"). It's not exactly writer's block because I know the story I want to tell. I'm just having a hard time telling it WELL. First time in a long time I've hit a snag like this.