"Justice League: Gods And Monsters Chronicles (Short-form Series)" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Warner Bros., DC Entertainment and Machinima have teamed up for the all-new Justice League: Gods and Monsters Chronicles animated series, debuting June 8th, 2015 on Machinima. The complete press release, with additional details, can be found at The World's Finest. Below is an excerpt.

In the first programming collaboration since Warner Bros.’ investment in Machinima earlier this year, the global many 2 many programming service for fanboys and videogamers announced today that it has greenlit the new animated shortform series Justice League: Gods and Monsters Chronicles, from Bruce Timm and Alan Burnett (both producers of the legendary Batman: The Animated Series). The digital series is based on Justice League: Gods & Monsters, an original animated film executive produced by Timm and co-produced by Burnett that will be released by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment later in 2015. Chronicles will focus on alternate versions of DC Comics’ iconic Justice League members Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman.

Keep it locked at The World's Finest and Toonzone News for the latest updates!

Related Threads
"Justice League: Gods and Monsters" Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

-Movie and Tie-in Comic

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Sounds very exciting and as always, I'm up for anything involving Bruce Timm.

The concept certainly intrigues me even if it does sounds like a retread of both 'A Better World' from Justice League and Injustice: Gods Among Us.

the greenman

So if this were to be a 70 minute film, that's about three 20 minute (or so) eps. Hmmm. The only thing disconcerting is the darker edge. Guess that nails it for the film universe being non-jokey.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
I'm a bit disappointed. My ears had perked up at the sight of "Animated Justice League".
I hope the budget is good, some online series tend to be mediocre.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Hmm, so a show about alternate universes. Interesting. Darker versions. Eyeroll. But it's just a marketing blurb. There must be more to the series than just that. Online series? Not my thing. But it is Bruce Timm and Alan Burnett. So, looking forward to learning more about it and learning more.

Makes me wonder what the movie more so now since this 3 part series will debut before the movie.

Edgar

When I read the press-release ...the first thing that came to mind was that this might be a venue for the "Elseworlds" stories (i.e. The Nail, Red Son, The Holy Terror ...etc), but now it just seems like it might just be an animated expansion on the "Injustice: Gods Among Us" brand.

...I really would love to see some incarnations of the "Elseworlds" stories animated someday, but I'm still looking forward to anything "Justice League" with "b.t." attached!

Lord Sidious

Thanks Jacob .

But I'm getting different info in this.

Is this the same Animated Movie that will come out next year but will be split in 3 parts????

OR is this a totally different story that is based on that animated movie???

it also says that it will be shown in Spring WEEKS BEFORE the film??

But the film will be released in Fall unless it swapped places with Batman vs. Robin.

Confusing sigh

Frontier

Staff member
When I read the press-release ...the first thing that came to mind was that this might be a venue for the "Elseworlds" stories (i.e. The Nail, Red Son, The Holy Terror ...etc), but now it just seems like it might just be an animated expansion on the "Injustice: Gods Among Us" brand.

...I really would love to see some incarnations of the "Elseworlds" stories animated someday, but I'm still looking forward to anything "Justice League" with "b.t." attached!
Likewise. But I doubt it's an expansion of Gods Among Us, since I'd think they would've had the Injustice tagline somewhere in the title if it were related :sweat:.

I certainly wasn't expecting that Gods and Monsters would be getting a web series alongside the movie, let alone that they'd be available through Machinima. I guess the involvement of Bruce Timm and Alan Burnett is making this a pretty big deal compared to the other animated movies. These have the potential to be pretty cool since they'll likely help expand on the AU world that Gods and Monsters takes place in, and maybe give a good teaser of what to expect from the movie :).

Light Lucario

Staff member
This sounds pretty cool. Having Bruce Timm and Alan Burnett involved also makes me quite eager to check it out next year.

Edgar

I'm a little confused is the digital series going to be on tv or on the internet?

...I would infer that it'll appear streaming on their online channel (just search "machinima" on YouTube for the channel) ...as was mentioned, they did a similar thing with a live-action Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist series about 6 months (?) before its disc-release.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Is this the same Animated Movie that will come out next year but will be split in 3 parts????
No, there will be both this 3 part online series and the movie next year.

OR is this a totally different story that is based on that animated movie???
All we know is it's based on the movie. And in this PR, they mention darker versions of Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman. So this series could be the backstory of characters that appear in the movie.

it also says that it will be shown in Spring WEEKS BEFORE the film??

But the film will be released in Fall unless it swapped places with Batman vs. Robin.
Dates in initial press releases are always tentative.

I'm a little confused is the digital series going to be on tv or on the internet?
The Internet. It will be the first online DC animated series. But technically, it's the second. Gotham Girls was the first. Technically.

Otaku-sempai

If we can consider the press release to be authorative then the official rendering of the animated movie's title is Justice League: Gods & Monsters (with an ampersand). I know that Mr. Harvey seems to be uncomfortable with using such shorthand.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Based on her twitter account, it's been confirmed that Susan Eisenberg won't be voicing Wonder Woman in any of the Gods and Monsters projects. I surmised that, given we'd be seeing some BT designs, that they'd get the old cast back together.

I won't be voicing #WW in BT's project, & I don't know who will. BUT if Bruce is involved, u know it'll be amazing!

I'm not overly disappointed but, for instance, it will be weird hearing another actors voice coming out of a Bruce Timm designed Batman model.

Edgar

Based on her twitter account, it's been confirmed that Susan Eisenberg won't be voicing Wonder Woman in any of the Gods and Monsters projects. I surmised that, given we'd be seeing some BT designs, that they'd get the old cast back together.

I'm not overly disappointed but, for instance, it will be weird hearing another actors voice coming out of a Bruce Timm designed Batman model.

...do we even know if it's planned to use the Timmverse designs? ...I'd prefer Phil B's designs if it won't be directly linked to the DCAU. Just IMHO.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts