"Justice League" Feature Talkback (Spoilers)

Justice League - Rate and Discuss the Live-Action Movie!

• Total voters

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Here's the Bat-Tank!

Bat-Tank!

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Well I guess the whole thing with the Joker is a dream sequence (like not putting that in spoilers because that's in the trailers that it connects to the "knightmare") so guess I can't question as much why he's around but... what is he just there to quote lines from a much better Joker interpretation? Seriously feels in really bad form to have this Joker talk about Society after how poorly Leto's take did and how much better Phoenix's was as it feels like it's going "oh we're just going to have him copy that for a couple of minutes" and... who wants to see Leto do that?

The trailer as a whole isn't really much better. We get a bit better look at Darkseid I guess and I suppose Alfried's "don't flash the red cape at them" is a decent line but... most of the rest of this is either in too quick of cuts to really connect to or just stuff we've seen before. Even in the other cuts for this trailer there's been plenty of focus on Iris being saved by Barry in Steppenwolf's actual look it's hard to get invested in here. This trailer also really shouldn't of spent like 10 seconds on Superman's death in BvS when we already know he's going to be resurrected and though I appreciate trying to give more a reason for the Knightmare from BvS... wasn't that also about Superman being in charge of these Parademons thus more reason for Batman to fear him but Superman's dead already so pretty clear this Knightmare is a whole lot different in this itnerrupreation? Again this still could be bette then the theatrical cut but it's pretty clear especially with the reveal that there are no plans for a JL sequel this was done to get fans to HBO Max and to put that rumor to bed so the DCEU can move om from this period in full... with I guess the Flashpoint movie whenever that comes out.

Last edited:

dmxx116

I’m going to be honest this trailer didn’t do nothing for me or brought anything new to the table, It’s the same movie but with a different look and it 2 hrs longer.

Last edited:

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Was waiting for this breakdown:

So, it's quite apparent this is going to have a different opening scene, but she also mentions that the ending is new. Granny Goodness is played by a relative of a VFX artist who was picked because she looked so close to Judie Dench. She can't spoil MM's appearance.

@Neo Ultra Mike Like Grace states the "We live in a society" line is inspired by the internet meme which does predate Joker (2019) and I even went back to check because that movie itself didn't even have it. You can even read the final shooting script.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
@Neo Ultra Mike Like Grace states the "We live in a society" line is inspired by the internet meme which does predate Joker (2019) and I even went back to check because that movie itself didn't even have it. You can even read the final shooting script.

Oh yeah I looked up info on this quote and the "we live in a society" actually comes more from promotion of The Dark Knight that wasn't quite said in the film itself and is just a line that's been attached to Joker from awhile. I admit I mostly know the "we live in a society" line because it was in Epic Rap Battles of History so thought "that must of been a relation to one of Arthur Jokier's rants from his film" but nope just been something that's been floating around the character for ages so I guess it's neat to finally have that used in a movie... doesn't mean the scene will be any good though but I am at least curious to see how this cut will turn out so the Snyder Cut wins in that regard anyway... the regard WB most cares about heh heh.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
2/17: Deborah Snyder clarified reshoots were just three days in October and entailed one scene.

2/19: Update on release
Zack Snyder's Justice League will be made available worldwide in all markets day and date with the US on Thursday, March 18 (with the exception of China, France and Japan, where the release dates are TBD). The feature film will be available in each market via one of the following distribution options – PVOD, PEST, EST, SVOD, TVOD, HBO linear and on HBO Go (in HBO Europe and HBO Asia territories), or via a local TV provider," it continues. "Additional details for each specific market will be shared in the upcoming weeks.

Last edited:

Spider-Man

Grace Randolph is a terrible, awful person who is less reliable than a broken clock and is a major toxic influence on fandom. Not worth watching for one second.

Does this mean I can buy it off iTunes? I'll likely watch it through Crave here in Canada. While I'm not a big fan of Snyder's DCEU efforts I am curious to see this movie simply due to the whole mess surrounding it. I assume it's going to play out like a movie made by an "edgy" 13 year old but I'm intrigued nonetheless.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Here is a possible first look at Martian Manhunter.

JL59_Cvr_Lee_color.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

dmxx116

The Vanity Fair interview comes off nothing but a big fluff piece with some Whedon basing, It the way I read it.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
some Whedon bashing
Pretty much anything written about Whedon in that article was as a matter of fact stance - most of which we already know (rushed-troubled production / three-quarters of the theatrical cut is his revisions / allegations / fired on future projects). It's definitely the first article I've seen to give this much insight into the Snyder side.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts