"Justice League Dark: Apokolips War" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (No Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetShop209

The UK tends to release DVDs on Monday for some reason. Though I think the runtime might be at least 80 minutes, mostly since these 72 minute runtimes are generally placeholders. As for the release date, it could mean a release date of around that time here in the US. I recall Batman Vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles being shown at Wonder Con last year on March 31 before its digital release on May 14 and Blu Ray release on June 4.

SweetShop209

Based on what @Pfeiffer-Pfan said just above, I predict the Blu Ray release will be around May 19, with a digital release of May 5.

It's trailer time. The movie is written by Ernie Altbacker & Mairghread Scott, and directed by Matt Peters & Christina Sotta. Unsurprisingly, it's rated R.

Mod Note: Posts merged together.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frontier

Staff member

It's trailer time. The movie is written by Ernie Altbacker & Mairghread Scott, and directed by Matt Peters & Christina Sotta. Unsurprisingly, it's rated R.
Looking awesome :D.

Can I say I appreciate that they kept Wonder Woman's new look from Bloodlines instead of using her Young Justice: Outsiders redesign? At least they look distinct now :).

Is Batman using a darker version of his Hush look or is he back to his old costume? Kind of hard to tell. Be kind of funny if he's the only one of the Trinity not wearing a new look from their last movie :p.

Cyborg a double-agent :ack:?

Parademon-Doomsday's :evil:.

It looks like Batman getting stuck on the Moebius is a torture method from Darkseid o_O.

So I guess Damian goes full Ra's after the plan to defeat Darkseid goes south and he loses his father and everybody else? And he blames Superman for it :confused:?

Figures Swamp-Thing would say humanity's made its bed and has to sleep in it :rolleyes2:.

It looks like Constantine is...looking through Barry's head and sees Flashpoint? Maybe that gives him the idea of changing the timeline again :confused:?

What did that to Shazam's face :eek:?

Some characters who weren't confirmed before...Nightwing (obvious with the Titans), Steel, Batgirl, and Batwoman :D.

khuddle

Trailer looks fantastic.

However, I will say this. DC will not bet on anyone outside of Superman and Batman for their direct to video movies.

Not Wonder Woman, not the Flash, not Green Lantern, not Martian Manhunter, all of whom are extremely popular characters.

Yet they are willing to bet on...John Constantine.

(A character I didn't even know prior to JL: Dark).

Very strange.

Frontier

Staff member
Trailer looks fantastic.

However, I will say this. DC will not bet on anyone outside of Superman and Batman for their direct to video movies.

Not Wonder Woman, not the Flash, not Green Lantern, not Martian Manhunter, all of whom are extremely popular characters.

Yet they are willing to bet on...John Constantine.

(A character I didn't even know prior to JL: Dark).

Very strange.
At least it seems like they take Batman out fairly early into the story...

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
WB Shop UK confirms the May 18th release date for the DVD/Blu-Ray. So definitely May 19th in the US...

The trailer is fantastic and certainly intrigues. Batman is definitely wearing his HUSH outfit. Thank God, as it looks so much better.

In that shot with Constantine, we see a bunch of characters from Flashpoint Paradox, so the timeline is being messed with. The promotional narrative truly seems to be suggesting the end of this universe, but I guess we'll see.

I still doubt they'll throw out this whole continuity while sales are still (mostly) strong.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
In that shot with Constantine, we see a bunch of characters from Flashpoint Paradox, so the timeline is being messed with. The promotional narrative truly seems to be suggesting the end of this universe, but I guess we'll see.

I still doubt they'll throw out this whole continuity while sales are still (mostly) strong.
Not to mention it's been kind of the defining aspect of Tucker's tenure with the DTV line.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Wonder what happened to Raven, she look so gaunt in the I guess "time skip." It would crazy if her last resort plan is to unleash Trigon on Apokolips.

Looks like Lex sides with Darkseid. In later shots, the League's fighting troops with his Lexcorp logo on their arm patches.

Hmm, I've been wondering how they managed to generate Boom Tubes again after Cyborg blocked them in War. Perhaps, they figured out a way to hack him beneath his notice and it comes to light in this movie.

Maybe a Doomsdaydemon sliced up Shazam's face but why's his foot glowing?

So it seems Darkseid depowers Superman with a Kryptonite injection so he's kind of like how he was in JLU's "Hereafter" under the red son.

Yeah, looks like Damian took over the rebuilt League of Shadows -- Assassins and Lady Shiva is his second. Neat he took up a Kryptonite sword it seems.

Maybe Flash tries to change time like in TFP but it's a red herring and someone from Apokolips suddenly appears and offs him... then Constantine uses a time spell to finish the task or just figure out what went wrong and what alteration could change the timeline?

Oh damn, that looked like the Green Lantern's Central Power Battery getting destroyed at the end of the trailer!

Frontier

Staff member
Wonder what happened to Raven, she look so gaunt in the I guess "time skip." It would crazy if her last resort plan is to unleash Trigon on Apokolips.
Could be that, or the seal becomes weaker after the heroes lose :eek:.
Looks like Lex sides with Darkseid. In later shots, the League's fighting troops with his Lexcorp logo on their arm patches.
Maybe he switches sides once Darkseid "wins," wanting to initially join the winning team only to come around to help the heroes when the resistance comes a calling :).
Hmm, I've been wondering how they managed to generate Boom Tubes again after Cyborg blocked them in War. Perhaps, they figured out a way to hack him beneath his notice and it comes to light in this movie.
Definitely looks like they're using Vic somehow :(.
Maybe a Doomsdaydemon sliced up Shazam's face but why's his foot glowing?
I just noticed that too. Is it made of lightning :confused:?
Yeah, looks like Damian took over the rebuilt League of Shadows -- Assassins and Lady Shiva is his second. Neat he took up a Kryptonite sword it seems.
Well, he seems to hate Superman now so it makes sense to want one :p.

I think this does lend to your theory that they might use a Lazarus Pit to revive Jason Blood...although I think he's probably been dead too long.
Maybe Flash tries to change time like in TFP but it's a red herring and someone from Apokolips suddenly appears and offs him... then Constantine uses a time spell to finish the task or just figure out what went wrong and what alteration could change the timeline?
Looking more closely at the scene, Constantine has his hand on Barry's head, so that must be what he uses to find out about Flashpoint, and maybe comes up with the plan to change the timeline.

I wonder if the pivotal moment is Victor possibly being under Apokolips control :confused:?
Oh damn, that looked like the Green Lantern's Central Power Battery getting destroyed at the end of the trailer!
I was wondering if we would ever see the Oa and the GLC pop up. Wasn't expecting it to just be when they get blown up :sweat:.

I think that must also be the scene where we see a wounded John Stewart :ack:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Could be that, or the seal becomes weaker after the heroes lose :eek:.
Perhaps, or the seal was never going to last that many years no matter what and it was slowly killing her.

Maybe he switches sides once Darkseid "wins," wanting to initially join the winning team only to come around to help the heroes when the resistance comes a calling :).
Sounds very Luthor.

I just noticed that too. Is it made of lightning :confused:?
Only because they've been playing My Hero Academia, reminds of when the lead character starting using his power boost on his kicks instead of punching.

I think this does lend to your theory that they might use a Lazarus Pit to revive Jason Blood...although I think he's probably been dead too long.
Perhaps, or they figured out a loophole like Etrigan will forever be in the "driver's seat" and a Lazarus Pit is part of the new spell they cast.

I wonder if the pivotal moment is Victor possibly being under Apokolips control :confused:?
I'm still not sure what they think they have that could "destroy" Darkseid. This canon's version seems pretty indestructible aside from his eyeballs. Though there could be a gruesome way of killing him using multiple Boom Tubes. Like Cyborg reprogramming the nature of Boom Tubes to cleave and boom pieces of Darkseid away to distant parts of the universe.

I was wondering if we would ever see the Oa and the GLC pop up. Wasn't expecting it to just be when they get blown up :sweat:.

I think that must also be the scene where we see a wounded John Stewart :ack:.
Exactly. It's looking to be the worst possible outcomes for several heroes.

TheGreatOne2

There is a chance WB will announce the release date after superman red son comes out on BD on Tuesday 17th March

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts