"Justice League Dark: Apokolips War" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (No Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
Gary Miereanu, James Tucker and others commented the article on ComicBook.com has some misinformation in it.

That said, it was reported before Justice League Dark: Apokolips War would be a good place to end the current "New 52 Animated" in-continuity movies, but we'll see what happens. I imagine the most likely scenario is it would be replaced by another continuity, i.e. "Rebirth Animated" or whatever else. There will probably still also be some stand-alone movies outside of these, as is currently the case.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Jul 24, 2007
UK/Ireland
pfeiffer-pfan.tumblr.com
Nothing lasts forever. This line of movies had a very good run and honestly I'd rather see James Tucker try his hand at something else now anyway.

Wrapping it all up sounds like a mandate from WB themselves (as Tucker & Co. seem willing to do more), but Apokolips War seems suitably epic so hopefully this continuity will go out with a bang.

Otaku-sempai

Sep 10, 2010
Lackawanna, NY
A Sneak Peek at Justice League Dark: Apokolips War

Looks good. ****1/2.
Did you mean to include a link? Because I can't find one.
EDIT: You liked the Sneak Peek, but I wonder if you'll find the actual movie more gratuitously violent than you'd prefer. We already know that it will be rated 'R'.

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
Did you mean to include a link? Because I can't find one.
EDIT: You liked the Sneak Peek, but I wonder if you'll find the actual movie more gratuitously violent than you'd prefer. We already know that it will be rated 'R'.
We'll see. I didn't hate Gotham By Gaslight. I thought it was pretty good.

He just watched Red Son and the special features. He's just grading the sneak peek that came with it.
Correct.

Reactions: khuddle

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Jason O'Mara posts a heartfelt goodbye to Batman/Bruce Wayne. He started off rough, but I think he got there in the end and became an effective Dark Knight. I'm sure Wes Gleason (or somebody) will give him a call again in the future.

He will probably never be anyone's favorite Batman but I appreciated his commitment to the role and I think he had some good showings over the course of his tenure :).

Definitely wouldn't mind seeing him in another DC production ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Lisa Ortiz's mother passed away.

I found this interview that Pam Arciero (Grundgetta from Sesame Street) took part in. I mainly skipped to 1:35, where she mentioned how production on the show ground to a halt because of the pandemic. There was about 1 more week of material to tape. She says they could start again in October, but that could change.
About done watching Sonic Boom Season 1 on DVD. Good in a sense to know the episode "Fire in a Crowded Workshop" only in Spanish dialogue isn't just me, but other unhappy posters to its Amazon page.

1:27:04-1:29:50

If it wasn't for the fact they're owned by different companies (Sesame Street on HBO and Helpsters on Apple TV, though both are from Sesame Workshop), I could totally see a crossover.