"Justice League Dark: Apokolips War" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (No Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otaku-sempai

Sep 10, 2010
Lackawanna, NY
"This page isn't working" Does this represent a retraction?

Not to mention Darkseid predates Thanos and was based off of him...but you know how it is :p.
Huh? I don't think that statement means what you think it means.

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
Jun 28, 2007
Earth Two
Still no word on who is writing and or directing the movie since Sam isn't helming this one and Jay Oliva isn't at WB anymore?

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com
Maybe but he and Chris Copeland became supervising directors on Skybound's Invincible at some point. I've been curious to see when that point is in the DCU's line up.
Chris Copeland is also on Kipo And The Age Of Wonder Beasts in his directorial debut.

As for the question at hand, I'm also thinking Jake Castorena. He co-directed The Death Of Superman, and was sole director for Batman Vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Reactions: Frontier

BigFatHairyDeal

Defender of the Universe
Sep 7, 2004
They did just adapt the Death and Return of Superman in 2 movies so it's a good sign that they will continue to reach back to previous eras.
I admit I'm totally cherrypicking here, but doing "Death of Superman" IMO almost doesn't count as going to Superman's back-library. That's WB/DC's go-to move for Superman. Even though I thought the movie was pretty decent, I'm still shaking my head that they did two movies on the same premise so quickly, especially following the live-action BvS.

Otaku-sempai

Sep 10, 2010
Lackawanna, NY
A category got changed so the link changed a little.
Okay, thanks. It's essentially the same press release I used to submit the cast list to IMDb, just at a different site.

EDIT: And now the directorial and writer credits have been approved.

From the sneak peek, for those wondering about the director or writer.
Directors are Christina Sotta and Matt Peters. Screenwriter is Mairghread Scott.
Personally, I wouldn't think of that as information that requires a spoiler tag.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
As a courtesy to those who don't want to be spoiled and watch the first look for themselves rather than stumble on details about it at a forum, I would implore the use of spoiler tags for a week.

thoughts from first look
Looks like a time skip in Apokolips War. It kinda seems like this timeline's version of the events of Flashpoint Paradox, the world in ruins, bands of heroes fighting as resistance, Etrigan and Lois among them too like in TFP, one last ragtag effort, WW a bad guy but there are differences like Darkseid is the big bad. So guess this could be a finale though they can still go back and do prequels. Or Flash also does his time travel thing and changes the canon once again creating a new timeline and thus a new series of movies will begin. lol.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
As a courtesy to those who don't want to be spoiled and watch the first look for themselves rather than stumble on details of it at a forum, I would implore the use of spoiler tags for a week.

thoughts from first look
Looks like a time skip in Apokolips War. It kinda seems like this timeline's version of the events of Flashpoint Paradox, the world in ruins, bands of heroes fighting as resistance, Etrigan and Lois among them too like in TFP, one last ragtag effort, WW a bad guy but there are differences like Darkseid is the big bad. So guess this could be a finale though they can still go back and do prequels. Or Flash also does his time travel thing and changes the canon once again creating a new timeline and thus a new series of movies will begin. lol.
Everything comes full-circle :p.

Otaku-sempai

Sep 10, 2010
Lackawanna, NY
As a courtesy to those who don't want to be spoiled and watch the first look for themselves rather than stumble on details about it at a forum, I would implore the use of spoiler tags for a week.
Oh, i agree in general. I just don't think that needs to apply in the case of revelations about such details as writers and directors.

Reactions: Frontier

beyond94

Jun 14, 2010
Wendell North Carolina
I'm disappointed that Darkseid's daughter Grail is not going to be a part of the movie. However since James Tucker and his crew are going to end the New 52 timeline, I hope when we go into Rebirth I hope we get a more hopeful after credits surprise with what's to come for next year 2021. I like to see Supergirl introduced with Melissa Benoist herself voicing her on screen TV character after all if Matt Ryan owns Constantine I can't see another actor or voice performer as Supergirl. I think we may also get some new voice actors for the animated Rebirth franchise. It would be cool if Keri Russell came back as Wonder Woman in the new continuity. As for Superman Batman and Flash I like to see new actors cast. I just hope they keep Constance Zimmer as Veronica Cale and not a one and done animated villain. I hope we can see villains like Circe, Anti Monitor and especially Grail introduced in some fashion as the new ruler of Apokolips. I guess will have to wait and see what happens when Apokolips War is release I guess possibly late May to see what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

And the winner of this matchup is Muppet Babies 2018 with 2 votes. Helpsters got none. The final matchup for round 3 is between Let's Go Luna and TOTS.

CNC
2 new trademarks filed by The Cartoon Network, Inc. recently: Hot Freaks and Norm Nerveman, Neural Detective. Probably not animation, because they only say "in the field of comedy" instead, which leads me to them being potential new [adult swim] projects.

Apparently, Suite Life and Phineas and Ferb were on Jetix USA: Saturday Kids TV schedules

If Spider-Man says wear a mask, then wear it.