"Justice League Dark" Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Justice League Dark
January 24, 2017
February 7, 2017

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment revealed the 2017 line-up of DC Universe Animated Original Movies at the 2016 San Diego Comic-Con. Announced Friday, July 22nd, 2016, the animated film Justice League Dark will hit home video in early 2017!

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I'm looking forward to seeing which roster they'll use for the Justice League Dark. Constantine and Swamp Thing are probably the most likely candidates.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Yeah, but I also think Zatanna needs more love too, especially in live action. Maybe even Etrigan.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

I agree, and I would actually prefer seeing these two over Constantine and Swamp Thing. There's probably room for all of them in the movie though.

Frontier

Staff member
Definitely curious to see what direction they go for in this movie, especially as they explore the more mystical side of the DCU and who all we'll see in it. It definitely has the potential to really showcase some impressive visuals and characters :D.

I'm also curious as to how much of a presence the main Justice League will have in this...I definitely expect the Trinity to show up, but it would be nice to see Aquaman and Shazam again after they skipped JLvsTT, especially given their own affinity with magic thanks to Arthur's trident and the nature of BIlly's powers :).

I think Zatanna is probably a shoe-in to be on the roster, and Constantine and Swamp Thing being in it is also no surprise but welcome nonetheless. I wonder if this movie will beat JLA in debuting them in animation ;)?

And here's hoping they're able to get back Matt Ryan to reprise Constantine :cool:.

I wonder if they might explore Batman and Zatanna's relationship that Paul Dini's established on multiple occasions, or if they'll go for Zatanna and Constantine :sweat:?

Last edited:

Troy Troodon

After watching the Killing Joke, I just hope Justice League 'Dark' is a more fun, pg-13 movie.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
I'm looking forward to this one. It might be more interesting if the mainstream Justice League doesn't appear in this one, instead opting for a classic (and weird) adventure with the JLD.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm looking forward to this one. It might be more interesting if the mainstream Justice League doesn't appear in this one, instead opting for a classic (and weird) adventure with the JLD.
I'll be honestly surprised if the Trinity doesn't show up to at least pay lip service to the main League in the movie, while most of the sreentime is dedicated to the JLD ;).

Harlequinn

Joker's Henchman
Zatanna is an obvious inclusion, she's the staple female member. I'd like to also see Deadman, Enchantress, Black Orchid, and Frankenstein.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I'm guessing this will be similar to Justice League vs Teen Titans in that some of the JL members will play supporting roles while the Dark team gets to be in the spotlight.

I was thinking they could maybe use Raven here, since they already introduced her in the last movie.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
1469380131316.jpg

Troy Troodon

Ugh, I really don't like Zatanna's New52 based design here. Her clothes, her hair, even her face. I'm not against alternatives but really, they should have just taken artistic liberties and went with her original stage magician look, it was both classy and classic

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Hopefully, they'll be moving away from all those New 52 looks now that the initiative has been canned.

the greenman

Well, forgot about
Deadman, but yeah Zatanna could use a little flair. So that's three down, maybe at least three more.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
Why am I not surprised Batman will play a role in this movie :p?

I'm actually surprised Bourassa went with the initial New 52 Zatanna look for this movie. While he's harkened to the New 52 designs to some degree, he's always added a little more flair or just gone with a more traditional design in most cases. I was honestly expecting something closer to her Young Justice look o_O.

Though I won't be surprised if we at least get one scene showing Zatanna on stage in her traditional costume :).

Constanine looks good and nice to have Deadman confirmed ;).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I don't think spoiler tags are really necessary.

The characters look pretty good to me though I'm sure it will look better in higher-resolution and eventually in animation. I had a feeling at least Batman will be in the movie.

Not sure about the source, but I noticed these images on Twitter. I'm guessing they're from SDCC.

Otaku-sempai

I don't think spoiler tags are really necessary.

The characters look pretty good to me though I'm sure it will look better in higher-resolution and eventually in animation. I had a feeling at least Batman will be in the movie.

Not sure about the source, but I noticed these images on Twitter. I'm guessing they're from SDCC.
Thanks! Batman's design would confirm that this is in the shared continuity.

This is the first time I've been really excited for one of the new52 inspired continuity. I really can't wait, these heroes deserve the spotlight. I hope the League proper only have cameos and the short run time gives each member of Dark something meaningful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts