Justice League Adventures #27 Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate This Issue And Post Your Comments!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

Clayface

Molecularly Malleable Mod
JUSTICE LEAGUE ADVENTURES #27

Written by Josh Siegel; art and cover by Chris Jones and Dan Davis

Hawkgirl and Green Lantern take a group of inexperienced teenage heroes under their wing. Do they have what it takes to save the world? Well…no. But when vicious aliens invade Earth — and the rest of the League is nowhere to be found — they won't have a choice!

Comments?

James

Administrator
Staff member
... and a reminder that penciller Chris Jones again talks in detail about his work for this issue (complemented by some large pencil scans sent by himself and some ink finished pages sent by inker Dan Davis) on the news page.

http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?t=98652

(he also provides some more behind the scenes info on issue 26 at the above link and at the Drawing Board website at http://drawingboard.toonzone.net)

These may make any feedback a little more interesting.

R

Robin

The story wasn't bad, and the art was good. My biggest complaint is probably the cover, which just looks a bit off for some reason. I like the idea that there are other super-beings out there who will be reaching their potential soon, and JL wants to have a hand in that. Hawkgirl also gets a nice moment, as she's one character who frequently gets the shaft.

Weibart

Intercept Now!
Reporter
i gotta admit i winced when i saw the cover and read the premise. i thought it was going to be a chore to read, but it wasn't, i really enjoyed it. i loved these teen superheroes, they really worked well. i liked pandora, his powers (however simple they may be), and the little joke about his name. the girl that talks to machines, i thought she was going to be a "poser" superhero as it were, but she really did have powers, whodathunk. i liked strong boy and how cocky he was, that worked well. the girl that shot light, well, she was good too, yep, not much to say about her really. the whole idea of a "junior superhero convention", that was a little corny, that's my own gripe. a reasonable meeting place to team with the jl, but it was a little contrived. i thought the story, overall, was great, good job joel siegel. chris jones did a great job. i liked the opening page, with the league fighting the robot. cool robot design, and i especially liked the design of the cars. they don't look too real, which is good, it's a little pet peeve of mine about season 1 of the cartoon. overall, the art was strong and the designs were great. this ep proved my preconceptions wrong, i'm very impressed.

James

Administrator
Staff member
Chris has agreed to do a Drawing Board questions and answers about his work in general and we hope to do that soon, so any questions you have to about this issue's art work then you can throw them to Chris in a few weeks time (hopefully!).

Personally I enjoyed this one both artistically and as a story. I thought it worked slightly better than issue 26. It was a well paced and visually exciting!! Good stuff!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts