"Justice League Action" News & Discussion Thread, Part 5 (Spoilers)

ShadowBeast

At this rate, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Cartoon Network doesn't air the rest of the series on TV and just keep it exclusive to their website/On Demand section. It would fit with how they've treated the series.
It hasn't even been on Optimum's OnDemand in over 6 months. So this show really hasn't been getting the love it justly deserves.

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
I agree that them not airing on TV isn't ideal, and what I'm about to say doesn't excuse how they seemed to give the show the bare minimum amount of attention, but the fact all the episodes are on what is basically their main channel now IMO automatically makes this treatment better than most of the DC shows from 2011-12. At least they didn't needlessly take ages to finish releasing them, and nearly all of us have an easy means of watching whatever episode we want whenever we want. What I'm saying is, it could've been a LOT worse.

It hasn't even been on Optimum's OnDemand in over 6 months. So this show really hasn't been getting the love it justly deserves.
Considering it's still on mine, that very much sounds like the fault of the provider.

Last edited:

Light Lucario

Staff member
I agree that them not airing on TV isn't ideal, and what I'm about to say doesn't excuse how they seemed to give the show the bare minimum amount of attention, but the fact all the episodes are on what is basically their main channel now IMO automatically makes this treatment better than most of the DC shows from 2011-12. At least they didn't needlessly take ages to finish releasing them, and nearly all of us have an easy means of watching whatever episode we want whenever we want. What I'm saying is, it could've been a LOT worse.

It's true that other DC shows have suffered worse. At least they haven't written it off like they did with Beware the Batman yet, but that isn't saying much either, especially when I'm not sure if the fan demand would be strong enough to bring the show back like it was for Young Justice.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Title not listed (but likely Watchtower Tours), but on zap2it, the Upcoming Episodes tab has been updated to show a new episode on March 10 at the 7 am Saturday slot.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
It would be nice to finally be able to look forward to watching a new episode on TV again :sweat:.
Too bad the ratings might be underperforming since the last episodes of the season already released on the CN app, On-Demand, iTunes, and Amazon. That won't do the show any favors.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I'm almost losing hope they're ever going to air the rest of the series at this rate :(.
I think the chances are increasing Toonami will do a mini-thon like with Beware The Batman.

But it's not just JLA. CN is holding back on TTG as well. There was only 5 episodes left in the current season and they are spacing things out instead of starting up in January right away. The first episode back just aired in late February and the next 2 air at the end of this month. Production on the movie shouldn't be affecting work on season 5 since it's a separate crew allegedly.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I think the chances are increasing Toonami will do a mini-thon like with Beware The Batman.

But it's not just JLA. CN is holding back on TTG as well. There was only 5 episodes left in the current season and they are spacing things out instead of starting up in January right away. The first episode back just aired in late February and the next 2 air at the end of this month. Production on the movie shouldn't be affecting work on season 5 since it's a separate crew allegedly.

I can't really see Toonami airing JLA. It would be nice to see the show gets some love and attention, but it wouldn't really fit on the block. Beware the Batman was aimed at kids, but had a good amount of action to make it fit on the block. JLA is much too light hearted to work for even a marathon. I wouldn't be against it happening, but just that it doesn't seem likely. Maybe they'd want to do it if Cartoon Network was writing off the series like what happened with Beware the Batman, but even then, I'm not sure if it would happen.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

WBD announces a Meerkat Manor animated film. In other news, the world suddenly remembers Meerkat Manor exists.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)

Featured Posts