"Justice League Action" News & Discussion Thread, Part 5 (Spoilers)

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Last month I saw a section of Justice League Action toys at Toys R Us. Since the merch appears to be selling well it could end up on there.
If Justice League Action goes to the streaming service I will pull the trigger and get a subscription (at least for a few months). I wouldn't be willing to do that for just Young Justice, Harley Quinn, and Titans.

Harlequinn

Joker's Henchman
That website also says that Close Enough is an Adult Swim show when it's 100% confirmed to be TBS. it's just plain unreliable. But I do think JLA is dead unless it moves to the streaming service

Frontier

Staff member
That website also says that Close Enough is an Adult Swim show when it's 100% confirmed to be TBS. it's just plain unreliable. But I do think JLA is dead unless it moves to the streaming service
I just assumed it was listed under there because an Adult Swim animation studios is working on it.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
If this news is true...ugh.

Frankly, JLA was too good for Cartoon Network. I can only hope the new streaming service picks it up.

the greenman

Much like "Beware the Batman", I've been unable to watch the entire thing all together. So, this kinda is equally disappointing. I'm thankful to have seen some eps, and based on the numbers, over half of the shorts.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
If the blog is accurate about Justice League Action ending, I think it mostly means that Cartoon Network won't be involved with a potential new season. But I still hope there's the possibility of the DC Streaming Service to produce new episodes (or only short webisodes) somewhere down the line.

Frontier

Staff member
I certainly hope DC/WB will feel passionate or confident enough about JLA to find a way to keep it going somehow if Cartoon Network has, once again, proven to not be the right fit for it.

Obviously there's plenty of interest from the cast and crew to keep it going ;).

the greenman

I certainly hope DC/WB will feel passionate or confident enough about JLA to find a way to keep it going somehow if Cartoon Network has, once again, proven to not be the right fit for it.

Obviously there's plenty of interest from the cast and crew to keep it going ;).
Yeah, but one thing to take in account is the underperformance of JL the movie. The Studio executives have very good reason to steer clear of this. JLA just needs a bigger fan base at this point, but alas it won't matter.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I'm tempted to take this information with a grain of salt, but at the same time...with the way things have been going it doesn't really seem all that unlikely either, unfortunately :(.

I don't know what went wrong. Was it still too much of a DC action cartoon for CN's tastes? Did the ratings matter at all? Was the merchandise sales just not enough again :sad:?

But whatever the reasoning, the truth is that, once again, a fun, charming, and great DC cartoon was cut short on Cartoon Network :crying:.
It's all about branding. They should have called it "Justice League Teen Titans Go! Action".

ShadowStar

Sorry to hear that JLA is ending (if what's been reported is true), but at least there have been 52 episodes (some of which have yet to air) and 22 shorts. That's a pretty good number of fun, one-shot escapades! A second season would have been great if it had involved some two-part stories and perhaps less focus on the Trinity (for the sake of variety) but alas it looks as though we won't get to see that.

Gabs Sama

I guess we can safely say WB killed JLAction by tainting the whole brand thanks to their decision to become the Anti Marvel. Weird how it only lasted 5 years.

Man of Steel came out in 2013.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I guess we can safely say WB killed JLAction by tainting the whole brand thanks to their decision to become the Anti Marvel. Weird how it only lasted 5 years.

Man of Steel came out in 2013.
Anti Marvel? Hunk? What do you mean?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts