"Justice League Action" News & Discussion Thread, Part 5 (Spoilers)

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,769 7
Framingham, MA
Last month I saw a section of Justice League Action toys at Toys R Us. Since the merch appears to be selling well it could end up on there.
If Justice League Action goes to the streaming service I will pull the trigger and get a subscription (at least for a few months). I wouldn't be willing to do that for just Young Justice, Harley Quinn, and Titans.

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Ratings
1,959 10
Elizabeth,NJ

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
8,019 6
A Valid Location
If the blog is accurate about Justice League Action ending, I think it mostly means that Cartoon Network won't be involved with a potential new season. But I still hope there's the possibility of the DC Streaming Service to produce new episodes (or only short webisodes) somewhere down the line.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,582 46
Sherman Oaks CA
I certainly hope DC/WB will feel passionate or confident enough about JLA to find a way to keep it going somehow if Cartoon Network has, once again, proven to not be the right fit for it.

Obviously there's plenty of interest from the cast and crew to keep it going ;).

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
Ratings
2,990 5 1
the point of no return
I certainly hope DC/WB will feel passionate or confident enough about JLA to find a way to keep it going somehow if Cartoon Network has, once again, proven to not be the right fit for it.

Obviously there's plenty of interest from the cast and crew to keep it going ;).
Yeah, but one thing to take in account is the underperformance of JL the movie. The Studio executives have very good reason to steer clear of this. JLA just needs a bigger fan base at this point, but alas it won't matter.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,316 19
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
I'm tempted to take this information with a grain of salt, but at the same time...with the way things have been going it doesn't really seem all that unlikely either, unfortunately :(.

I don't know what went wrong. Was it still too much of a DC action cartoon for CN's tastes? Did the ratings matter at all? Was the merchandise sales just not enough again :sad:?

But whatever the reasoning, the truth is that, once again, a fun, charming, and great DC cartoon was cut short on Cartoon Network :crying:.
It's all about branding. They should have called it "Justice League Teen Titans Go! Action".

Nov 11, 2006
Ratings
446 1
UK
Sorry to hear that JLA is ending (if what's been reported is true), but at least there have been 52 episodes (some of which have yet to air) and 22 shorts. That's a pretty good number of fun, one-shot escapades! A second season would have been great if it had involved some two-part stories and perhaps less focus on the Trinity (for the sake of variety) but alas it looks as though we won't get to see that.

Nov 2, 2015
Ratings
Paraguay
I guess we can safely say WB killed JLAction by tainting the whole brand thanks to their decision to become the Anti Marvel. Weird how it only lasted 5 years.

Man of Steel came out in 2013.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

SweetShop209 wrote on PinkiePie97's profile.
Hey there. I want to ask something. For "Streamtopia", since preschool shows aren't talked about online that much, I'm thinking of creating 2 cumulative threads for Netflix and Amazon's preschool shows so that any news can just be posted there instead of individual threads. May I have permission to post them?
Happy 20th birthday to PPG. Even in the good times and the bad times, you're still a show worth watching.
Holy smokes! Churned out 15 freaking pages of the latest Gilda and Meek today! I am in the freaking zone and so happy with how things are going in the final issue I will be posting on Toon Zone.
Asa
Happy 90th birthday to Mickey, 20th birthday to PPG, and 30th birthday to LBT & O&C.
Happy 20th Birthday to the one, the only... THE POWERPUFF GIRLS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCA1cifF4fY