"Justice League Action" News & Discussion Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
Now that we've gone through June and a lot of new episodes, I thought it was time to update my list of the number of appearances for each hero in JLA (not counting shorts or illustrations) up to "All Aboard the Space Train":

Batman - 22

Superman - 18

Wonder Woman - 12

Cyborg - 7

Firestorm - 5

Zatanna - 4

Constantine - 3

Green Arrow - 3

Swamp-Thing - 3

Plastic Man - 3

Shazam - 2

Hawkman - 2

Vixen - 2

Atom - 2

Etrigan The Demon - 2

Blue Beetle - 2

Space Cabbie - 2

The Wizard Shazam - 1

Martian Manhunter - 1

Booster Gold - 1

Green Lantern - 1

The Flash - 1

Big Barda - 1

Dr. Fate - 1

Stargirl - 1

Red Tornado - 1

Jonah Hex - 1

And this is counting the villains who've made recurring appearances up to this point:

Lex Luthor - 3

Black Adam - 2

Lobo - 2

Brother Night - 2

Harley Quinn - 2

Brainiac - 2

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Figures. But I hope Wonder Woman's count goes up.

EDIT 7/4: Saw opening of "Time Out"
Booster mentioned he locked Guy Gardner in the Space Elevator once.

I wonder if that's a nod to the Olympus Starbridge from the 90s comic "Hammerlocke"

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Hmm...I wonder what kind of "updates" they would have on DC All Access o_O?

A season 2 renewal announcement seems like a long-shot...maybe more info about the Comic-Con panel :ack:?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
It could be just a clip from this week's episode for all we know.

Speaking of which, this has been online for over a month but apparently not many people noticed until now (including myself). Cartoon Network uploaded a "Best of Wonder Woman" video, which has some brief footage from an upcoming episode at the beginning:

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
We knew 3 of those titles for a while now, it's nice to know they'll most likely premiere in the next few months. "Forget Me Not" was screened at Wonder Con this year (alongside "Garden of Evil", which has already aired). I think there's a review for it online.

The rest are all new as far as I'm aware and sound pretty good I guess. I think it's cool they're doing a Superman Red & Superman Blue story. Titles like "Best Day Ever" and "The Cube Root" don't really give away what the episodes will be about. Maybe Cyborg will be in the former.

Frontier

Staff member
Eight new episode titles have surfaced on Zap2it:

Boo-ray for Bizarro
Best Day Ever
The Cube Root
Superman's Pal, Sid Sharp
Superman Red vs. Superman Blue
Phased and Confused
The Ringer
Forget Me Not

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/justice-league-action/episode-guide/EP02547172?aid=zap2it
It's good to know we can expect "Boo-ray for Bizarro," "The Ringer," and "Forget Me Not" to air soon :).

Pretty hard to gauge what "Best Day Ever" will be about but given that seems like something a kid would be concerned about, I'm guessing one of the show's younger heroes will take the spotlight in this episode ;).

"The Cube Root" makes it seem this episode will be math/science based...maybe we'll finally get a Mr. Terrific episode :D?

"Superman's Pal, Sid Sharp" is interesting, given I don't know of any Sid Sharp from the comics, and Jimmy Olsen is traditionally Superman's Pal...maybe we'll see Jimmy again :anime:?

Really interested to see what the show does with the Superman Red and Blue concept, given I'm pretty sure that's never been properly adapted in animation outside that anniversary short :cool:.

"Phased and Confused" seems like it could be Firestorm-focused given he can phase through things...though so can The Flash :ack:.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Nice to finally have Darkseid on the show. I think one of the producers promised a new and different Darkseid story back when the show started, and having him in the same episode with Space Cabbie is certainly something unexpected and different.

And it's always nice to see them actually promote the show!

Troy Troodon

Is that John Dimaggio voicing him? Cause it doesn't quite sound like him, unless he's pushing more range.

WebMasterSage

Obey the Pecking Order.
I don't think there was ever any real confirmation DiMaggio would voice Darkseid; just an online rumor when the show started. I recently saw someone claim he's voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson.
Largely due to the Fact they sound similar.

Honestly the voice acting & cast for the show backfires in every way. Like Gary Cole's Black Adam & Andy Ritcher's Cronos.

WebMasterSage

Obey the Pecking Order.
Eh, I think those two are outliers to what's been a pretty strong cast overall, and even Gary Cole's Black Adam grew on me a little :).
Cole's voice did'nt fit the Design for Black Adam. Instead he sounded like a Evil Harvey Birdman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts