"Justice League Action" News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen the first 3 episodes of this show. Here are my spoiler free thoughts on the overall tone and look of the show.

THE GOOD

animation
action/fight scenes
the humor
the coloring
the stories are simple, but fun

THE SO-SO

the background art and character designs
the shading and use of shadows

THE UGLY

the campiness
the silly and idiotic Silver Age tropes
bad science
Superman being at his over powered Silver Age levels

All in all, I like this show.
As someone who loves the Silver Age, I think I'm going to enjoy this show.

uzair khan

3 back-back Batman starring episodes seems quite exhausting.
Good thing, the largest focus he had was in "Time Share".
I just now noticed the US premiere will likely be Shazam's debut.
i seen all the episodes. batman only really starred in one and half of them. the magic episode the guest characters carried it mostly. and that was his first episode. all the rest was one liners or cameo appearances. this "time share" is the first big big batman episode.

ShadowStar

"Under a Red Sun" aired today and it was probably my favourite so far!

It was about Steppenwolf abducting Superman and trying to kill him on a planet with a red sun, so Superman had to face him on his own without powers. Meanwhile, Batman and Big Barda travelled to Apokolips to try and discover where Steppenwolf and Superman had gone. Peter Jessop voiced Steppenwolf, Laura Post voiced Big Barda and William Salyers voiced Virman Vunderbar. No Darkseid this time, but he was mentioned.

Replikon Xum

I suspect the reason that "Shazam Slam" has not yet debuted in the UK is because that CN station is airing the JL Action episodes by production number, which is typical of American series airing overseas. I remember when I first watched imported episodes of the Superman Animated series in Malaysia, the local station aired "The Main Man Part 2" several weeks before "The Main Man Part 1"...

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
CN UK started with Power Outage, CN Poland started with Galaxy Jest, CN NL will start with Follow That Space Cab. Each channel chooses its own random order.

Replikon Xum

I was not aware of that. Interesting...

It is obvious that "Power Outage" occurs after "Shazam Slam"... I am now curious how many episodes are included in these overseas batches...

Frontier

Staff member
Heh, classic Batman/Superman, competing over the number of Parademons they can take out :rolleyes2:.

It's also kind of funny to think that Conroy's gone through four Superman's at this point, and yet they all generally have the same dynamic :p.

Nice seeing Barda (though her eyes are really big here) and Laura Post sounds solid in the role. Kinda odd to see her without her husband, but I'm sure it won't be too long before we see Mister Miracle ;).

Cool fight sequence between Superman and Steppenwolf, all the moreso because Peter Jessop (Steppenwolf) voiced Superman in Trapped in Time :cool:.

Otaku-sempai

Y'know? Even under a red sun, Kal-El shouldn't lose all of his abilities. His super-dense cellular structure should still give him exceptional strength and toughness; and a red sun wouldn't affect his mind. He should actually revert to the Superman of 1938.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm good with this. Diamantopoulos was a solid Green Arrow on Batman Unlimited :).

Does kind of lend itself to the theory that Gleason brought over a lot of the Unlimited VA's for JLA. We have Charlie Schlatter as Flash, Fred Tatasciore as Solomon Grundy, now Chris Diamantopoulos as Green Arrow, and Troy Baker was originally cast as The Joker.

Granted, Schlatter, Tatasciore and even Baker have reprised those roles with some degree of frequency outside the Unlimited movies, but it's still fairly notable o_O.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Roger Craig Smith was originally slated to return as Batman before Conroy decided to come back.

I wonder if we can use this to guess the casting for other characters? Like maybe Laura Bailey will reprise Cheetah? Gleason also used her for Cheetah's grunts in Justice League vs. Teen Titans :cool:.

I still would have wanted Alan Tudyk back.
I'm sure he'll be back as GA in Young Justice season 3 ;).

HEATXZ

Duck Knght
I did see a commercial of Justice League Action it has Teen Titans Go Cyborg and Beast Boy watching it and Cyborg was dancing because he's in the show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts