"Justice League Action" News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
Yeah, it's definitely nice to see this finally getting more attention from other sites and more people starting to wonder what exactly it could be. Might result in an added incentive for WB to reveal more info about it ;).

Jordan Valdés

Clana forever!
Could this clue be related in anyway to this picture posted by Reddit user UnknownJ25 of a "JLA" poster from a Warner Bros. office?
D9GX7Cs-e601f.jpg

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
We've see, that image here already. But to sum it up, we all think the next show is Justice League Action (JLA) but it hasn't been formally announced. The current theory is it will be formally announced at New York Comic Con on the second week of October. Maybe during a reunion panel of the classic Justice League animated series.

Jordan Valdés

Clana forever!
We've see, that image here already. But to sum it up, we all think the next show is Justice League Action (JLA) but it hasn't been formally announced. The current theory is it will be formally announced at New York Comic Con on the second week of October. Maybe during a reunion panel of the classic Justice League animated series.
My bad; I didn't see that the image was already posted. That would be awesome!

satam55

The first 6 minutes is noteworthy:
Welcome to Collider’s Heroes, hosted by Jon Schnepp, with Mark Ellis and Robert Peterson. We bring you the latest news about the Cinematic World of Heroes and Villains! On this episode of Collider’s Heroes (Tuesday Sept 29th 2015) we discuss the following:

1 Justice League Animated Series is back!!!

So it looks like Justice LEague is returning as an allnew animated series, with characters like Swamp Thing and Plastic Man being featured alongside Superman Batman and Wonder Woman. I’ve heard all the regulars are returning, even Mark Hamill as the Joker and Kevin Conroy as Batman!

the greenman

Highly doubtful. DC has made an effort to segregate DC proper from Vertigo, and Swamp Thing is Vertigo. Yeah, no thanks, until I see something from WB or a creator. . .

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

Troy Troodon

Well it could happen. I mean Swamp Thing and even Constantine are DC characters as well so... maybe.

Frontier

Staff member
I think Swamp Thing has a better chance of making an appearance in anything animated for DC then Constantine does.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
If that's true about Swamp Thing appearing, I'm all in on this show. But Hamill also voicing him? That would be pretty awesome. Swamp Thing is one of the few DC characters left that I want to see in modern animation.

Highly doubtful. DC has made an effort to segregate DC proper from Vertigo, and Swamp Thing is Vertigo. Yeah, no thanks, until I see something from WB or a creator. . .
They're doing it again? I thought they incorporated them into mainstream DC.

Kevin Conroy recorded with Diedrich Bader. Looks to be this show. Jim Krieg and Jake Castorena are there.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
They seem to have just separated the Vertigo movies from the DC Extended Universe, not in the comics per se, hence their having two different studios :).

Conroy and Bader in a cartoon together? Awesome! Considering it seems like we have a lot of DC alums reprising their roles, maybe Bader is playing Guy Gardner again ;)?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
They seem to have just separated the Vertigo movies from the DC Extended Universe, not in the comics per se, hence their having two different studios :).

Conroy and Bader in a cartoon together? Awesome! Considering it seems like we have a lot of DC alums reprising their roles, maybe Bader is playing Guy Gardner again ;)?
I see.

Likely. I think in total Bader voiced Zeta, Shadow Thief, Batman, Grundy, Kilowog, Guy Gardner, Steve Lombard, Ace to note. Guy seems the most likely.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
I wish they would just announce this show already. Conroy has to be playing Batman, or a least one of the main characters... he seems to be doing far too much work for the show.

It's wonderful that he and Diedrich have been given the chance to work together. If I recall correctly, didn't Bader say they didn't get the opportunity to do so on The Brave & The Bold?

Also, looks like Wes Gleason has become one of the go to voice directors for WB animation now. It'll be sad to see Andrea Romano slowly fade out over the next five years.

Last edited:

Jordan Valdés

Clana forever!
So are we thinking right now that this is going to wind up being part of the Timmverse, or are we just getting a lot of our favorite Timmverse actors back?

Silverstar

Jet Flyin', Limousine Ridin'
So are we thinking right now that this is going to wind up being part of the Timmverse, or are we just getting a lot of our favorite Timmverse actors back?

I don't think anybody's seriously anticipating the return of the Timmverse (at least I hope not by now), as that ended in 2006, and frankly, I'd rather get a fresh new take on the DC universe as opposed to just more of what we've already gotten over the past several years. At the most, we may be able to expect some of the DCAU voice actors to return as a callback treat for the fans.

Frontier

Staff member
I wish they would just announce this show already. Conroy has to be playing Batman, or a least one of the main characters... he seems to be doing far too much work for the show.

It's wonderful that he and Diedrich have been given the chance to work together. If I recall correctly, didn't Bader say they didn't get the opportunity to do so on The Brave & The Bold?

Also, looks like Wes Gleason has become one of the go to voice directors for WB animation now. It'll be sad to see Andrea Romano slowly fade out over the next five years.
So Bader wasn't in the booth when Conroy recorded as Phantom Stranger for Brave & The Bold? I don't recall Bader mentioning that he never had the chance to work with Conroy...was it in an interview or at a panel?

I think I remember reading somewhere that she was looking to eventually retire, which would be really sad if understandable, but I wonder what that might mean for the DTV's and the other shows she's working on o_O?
So far it looks like a lot of VA's from past DC cartoons, including the DCAU, are coming back to either play new characters or reprise their previous roles :).

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
So Bader wasn't in the booth when Conroy recorded as Phantom Stranger for Brave & The Bold? I don't recall Bader mentioning that he never had the chance to work with Conroy...was it in an interview or at a panel?

I think I remember reading somewhere that she was looking to eventually retire, which would be really sad if understandable, but I wonder what that might mean for the DTV's and the other shows she's working on o_O?

Hmm... I'm either completely mis-remembering or I saw something about it on his twitter. Perhaps he just said they didn't get to work together on one of the episodes. I forgot they could have crossed paths during his Zeta days.

Yes, she said she wants to retire in five years time in order to do some travelling, etc. It'll be weird not seeing her name pop up in credits for most DC fans. It would seem Wes Gleason is directing next years slate of DC animated movies: https://twitter.com/Wes_Gleason/status/620442954461634560

Green-Ghost

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

I can see Swamp Thing and Constantine making apperances on the show. They are an integral part of the regular DC Universe for quite some time now, they entered the DCU with Brightest Day and stayed with the New 52. They even chancelled Vertigo's long running Hellblazer series to give Constantine a series under the DC imprint. And Costantine (played by Matt Ryan) will appear on Arrow this season.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
When asked by The World's Finest about a possible upcoming new animated Justice League series, a representative for Cartoon Network Canada replied with the following:

Animated shows tend to premiere on Cartoon Network Canada within the same rough time-frame as its U.S. source, though usually after, so it's safe to assume that we'll be seeing a new Justice League animated series - likely the much-buzzed about and allegedly titled Justice League Action - no later than Fall 2016. Regardless, this response is another confirmation (this time from the network) that a new Justice League series is on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts