Just a completely Random Question

Chris Sanders MSX

The MAN is back
I don't know where this came from but a complete random question popped in my head and I decided I'd ask you guys. Should make for an interesting discussion.

If there was an operation you could have that would make you MUCH more attractive but the side effect would have you lose 5% of your intellegence, would you go through it ?

On the other side of things, if there was also another operation that made you drastically more intellegent than you are right now but would leave a visible scar on your forehead (leaving you possibly 5% less attractive), would you go through with that one ?

The Landstander

Thanks ants. Thants.
Only 5% percent? Yeah, I'd probably do it (for both of them). If it was in the realm of 25% or somewhere more, then probably not.

serenitymoon

While I would be tempted to do so, probably not. I'm pretty comfortable with me the way I am. Plus I think that God made me the way I am for a reason and who am I to question it?

SilverKnight

Sigh.
I always wanted a cool scar...:D

To answer your question, no, I'd do neither operation. I believe that, while I'm no rocket scientist, that I'm smart enough to get around in life. As for the first choice, the answer would be a definite no. I may be smart enough to get around in life, but I need to use all of it to keep it that way. Besides, beauty fades, and is only skin deep. I'd like to think I'm pretty, but I'm not all that concerned about it.

Jaguar

Cogito ergo doleum
Possibly, but I'm not sure, it would be okay if it was just only 5%, I guess. I guess I'd just have to think about it for like a few months.

Artemis

For Great Justice!!
Dude, scars make you look more rugged and cool! Ask the millions of scar-faced anime and video game characters that girls drool over! :p

As for the operation. I don't think I'd go through with it simply because I don't believe I'd need it.

ZorBrak

I AM A BUFFET OF MANLINESS.
I think I'd say no to both, I think I'm pretty darn intelligent and pretty darn good looking as is. If I wanna get smarter I can always read, if I wanna look more attractive I'll hit my weight set :)

But Iwould say no to #1 in all cases....#2...not 100% sure but it's probably a no in all cases as well.

Danielle

No to both; I like my intelligence enough. As for attraction.....well, my insurance wouldn't cover that. :p I wouldn't say I'm terribly attractive, but you have to realize that we might need that 5% of intelligence later. What if, one day in the future, life was dependant on whether you knew most of the Beatles' songs by heart? ;)

Ajax

See I already got two scars on my head, I might as well have another one. Hmm lets see I'd probably get both of the operations, I'll lose 5% of my intelligence (yeah right) but then I'll get the other operation to balance it out.
You can do that right?

RogueMartian

Cogito Ergo Sum
The fact is, plastic surgery today could probably make just about anyone more attractive, and while it would cost them thousands of dollars, it won't cost them a single brain cell.

However given the option, I probably wouldn't do it. For starters, I hate the idea of surgery. Secondly, barring people who have serious physical deformaties, I don't think I've ever met a person that really needed that kind of surgery, most people's attractiveness quotient would go up exponentially if they had better diet or exercise habits. And lastly, I already feel bad that I care as much about looks as I do, I don't need to be more shallow.

Tanooki

Supplexing disease since 1982.
well...seeing how i am extremely intelligent :D i'd go with the operation. brains and beauty...ahhhhh...

KoD

Psilon

Blowhard
I'd take the operation for my brain and get smarter and in the progress get uglier.

TimTwoFace

Mod, and Minotaur Bait
5% of your intelligence? Just how intelligent would you have to be for it to make a difference, anyway? Let's see...if you're dumb as a post, and lose 5% of that, you're only worthy of being 95% as smart as a post, and that's virtually the same thing. 5% of nothing is nothing. :p

At the same time, it's only physical beauty. And really, most everyone has it within their capacity to be beautiful on the outside, anyway - it's all about how you do yourself up. For example, I know that if I dressed better (I'm a T-shirt and jeans kinda guy) I'd look better, but I don't. But I could if I wanted to.

Bottom line - as the old addage goes - it's what's inside that counts, and I wouldn't want to change that. It's a lot tougher to naturally become more intelligent than externally beautiful, anyway.

-Tim

EinBebop

Data Dog
What about an operation that will give me a hideous third eye, but allows me to see through women's clothing?

Leaping Larry Jojo

Searching for a map
I'm just too damned smart. I could always use some improved looks, though. Since I won't have plastic surgery, only magic or science magic will be acceptable to me.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts