"Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom" News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

19MagiswordLane

Anime Superhero's Crooner of Carnage, babe!
New screenshots:

BaryHQ.jpg

24825854_10215404447692220_1906641652_o.jpg

Another clip, this time an animatronic:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
New details from EW. It appears "Claire's founded an organization, Dinosaur Protection Group, and they're finding a way to get these dinosaurs off the island. She reaches out to Owen Grady to let him know this is happening…When you see them at the beginning of this story, you get caught up as to what's going on…but it's not what you would necessarily expect."

Last edited:

AnotherRandomGuy

The cat came back, he just couldn't stay away
After just letting it digest a bit, I'm really kinda "bla" towards the trailer.

Everything about it seems like a beat for beat retelling of Lost World, which feels really lazy to me. I was fine with the references to the first movie in JW since it was the first genuine Jurassic Park movie in more than 14 years and the JP name hadn't been used in earnest since then. But to do the same with this movie? Why? The point of a sequel is to try something new that the previous movies either didn't do or didn't think to do. All this looks to be doing is shifting the roles of some characters around.

All this said, it could still be a really good movie. It's just that my excitement has been tampered a bit by the trailer and clips.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Haven't checked this thread in several months. Didn't realize this movie was so far along.

Looks awesome, I'll definitely being seeing this in theaters! Though I was a bit concerned they were giving away a bit too much in the trailer...but that post above gives me hope.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Mixed on the trailer.

So far (could be misleading) it seems to have less cringey dialogue than the previous (in this case, going darker may have been a smart move). But there isn't anything that really stands out to make it a must see yet.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
12/8: So even if they restored order in JW1, it wouldn't have mattered. Well, I suppose they would have been able to do an evac sooner probably.

Synopsis teases a conspiracy afoot.
It’s been four years since theme park and luxury resort Jurassic World was destroyed by dinosaurs out of containment. Isla Nublar now sits abandoned by humans while the surviving dinosaurs fend for themselves in the jungles.

When the island’s dormant volcano begins roaring to life, Owen (Chris Pratt) and Claire (Bryce Dallas Howard) mount a campaign to rescue the remaining dinosaurs from this extinction-level event. Owen is driven to find Blue, his lead raptor who’s still missing in the wild, and Claire has grown a respect for these creatures she now makes her mission. Arriving on the unstable island as lava begins raining down, their expedition uncovers a conspiracy that could return our entire planet to a perilous order not seen since prehistoric times.

With all of the wonder, adventure and thrills synonymous with one of the most popular and successful series in cinema history, this all-new motion-picture event sees the return of favorite characters and dinosaurs—along with new breeds more awe-inspiring and terrifying than ever before. Welcome to Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.

12/12: Now there's a rumor that Dr. Grant may appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts