Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous News and Discussion Thread

harry580

i wonder why dreamworks didnt bring back the old jurassic park animated series concept from the 90s or bring back chaos effect jurassic park?

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
Hasn't every DreamWorks show produced for Netflix had a minimum of 52 episodes?

Not always. Kung Fu Panda: Paws of Destiny only had 26 episodes. That Fast and Furious series never got more than 8 episodes either, and it's been seven months since premiere.

SweetShop209

Not always. Kung Fu Panda: Paws of Destiny only had 26 episodes. That Fast and Furious series never got more than 8 episodes either, and it's been seven months since premiere.
The Kung Fu Panda cartoon is on Amazon, not Netflix as Takao was asking about. You are right about Fast And Furious though.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
Anyone watched the series yet?

I think some of the PR overhyped the show's violence. Yeah, some characters die (Happy Birthday, Eddie), but the main characters are untouched, even the camp counselors who I thought they were going to get it. I do admit I was sold on Ben's "death". Not a fan of him being alive after all, but I also think the fact that he survived that big fall (plus the scare chord at the end) make his survival more unsettling than his "death".

I do like that the characters' reaction felt more realistic, particularly with how paralyzed and shocked Kenji was over what happened to Ben. The time they spend on the train was also nice, since the show makes it clear they're not friends and they're not going to magically become so. They're just trying to survive their situation. The ending with them being stranded being kind of optimistic felt off, though. They were more upset by trivial things than failing to evacuate.

I ended up liking the characters despite all of them besides Darius starting out as annoying cliches. Unlike the kinda bland Fast and the Furious show, they have flaws and an actual character arcs and motivations. I do think they kind of forgot Sammy's spy subplot after she was outed. I wonder if Mantah Corps (heh) will try to retrieve her or something. That seemed too big to just set it aside.

I am curious of the direction they'll take the series in season two and beyond. They no longer have to follow a movie religiously unless they do a time skip to Fallen Kingdom.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts