July, 2021--What Did You Buy This Month: Animated DVD/Blu-Ray/4K

Viper

I'll Never Forget You Two!
Sorry I'm so late with the list, everyone. I really wanted to enjoy my big 4th of July/birthday weekend. Here's what we have for this month:

7/6:

The Magic School Bus Rides Again: Season 1
Metalocalypse: Season 2 (Re-Release)
Space Dogs: Tropical Adventure
Space Jam: 25th Anniversary (4K)
The Venture Bros.: Season 2 (Re-Release)
The Venture Bros.: Season 3 (Re-Release)

7/13:

Ernest & Celestine (Combo)
Metalocalypse: Season 1 (Re-Release)
The Spongebob Movie: Sponge on the Run (Combo)

7/20:

Aqua Teen Hunger Force Vol. 1 (Re-Release)

7/27:

The Adventures of Tom Thumb & Thumbelina
Blaze & The Monster Machines: The Case of the Treat Thief
The Herculoids: Complete Original Series (Warner Archive) (Blu-Ray)

So, what's everyone gonna get this month?

Viper

I'll Never Forget You Two!
For the first time in two years, I was able to order something from Barnes & Noble. Here's what I ordered and received in the mail:

Shimmer & Shine: Magical Pets of Zahramay Falls

Although this series was mainly for small children, I LOVE this series and I always will!!! Lacey Chabert, former Eliza Thornberry and now an excellent Hallmark Channel Movie actress, was fantastic as that pesky but very cute & lovely Zeta. She always had some funny dialogue.

I'll always love Shimmer & Shine AND Lacey Chabert as cute Zeta!!!

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Ordered and preordered

Batman: The Long Halloween: Part Two
Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle Of The Realms
Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated: Season 1
Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated: Danger In The Deep
Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated: Spooky Stampede

Storm Eagle

Power to the peaceful
The Transformers: The Movie (35th Anniversary Limited Edition Steelbook) (4K)

This came to me early from Best Buy. It also comes with 4 art cards, and Shout! Factory never said anything about that. I found out when others who got their copies before me were posting about it on Twitter. Anyway it's a pleasant surprise. The one in regular packaging comes out on September 28th, and I'll most likely get it because it also has nice cover art. I also bought the Blu-ray release from 2016 in the steelbook and regular packaging since I couldn't decide which one I wanted, and I normally don't buy steelbooks. Anyway I guess I had to get to see this new transfer as soon as possible, and this is what's getting released first.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts