" Joker vs. Harley Quinn" Pre-Release News & Discussion

Latest News

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,727 7
Framingham, MA
At least even the writers admitted they don't know where this movie is on the que and what not.
When Marvel announces a movie I see it in a theater 2 or 3 years later. When DC "announces" a movie, 9 out of 10 times it never gets made. These kinds of unforced errors of announcing movies before they have even been greenlit is why DC is so bad at this.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
May 18, 2006
Ratings
971 1
East Northport
9/21: Ficarra and Requa turned in their first script. It starts with Harley kidnapping Dr. Phil because she and Joker have relationship issues.

So... the movie starts out like this then?

Okay I'm going to start out and give a positive comment about this film's development: Despite the fact that Glenn Ficarra and John Requa have an... at best MIXED career of writing/directing this is actually a unique and interesting idea to actually start out a movie. And quite frankly shows to me they are thinking out of the box for this sort of film which honestly is a good thing. If there is going to be a Joker and Harley movie I would want it to feel incredibly different and unique from just a standard super hero movie. Making it some out there perhaps break down of a comedy romance would be really interesting and something we haven't really seen in the genre. I mean what's the best love story in a comic book movie? Deadpool right but that was just about two sort of messed up people getting together with banging chemistry... banging one another. What about this really messed up and abusive relationship played for dark humor? Seriously this would actually be a good place to have the fully arc of Joker and Harley that Suicide Squad only did the smallest allusion to that could be a full film in itself and stretch it out and just have it focused on these two psychopaths and going back and forth in they're messed up relationship. If they are actually going to try and just go for it and be out there I am all for it.

However aside from the fact I still have doubts of them being able to make this film work...

When Marvel announces a movie I see it in a theater 2 or 3 years later. When DC "announces" a movie, 9 out of 10 times it never gets made. These kinds of unforced errors of announcing movies before they have even been greenlit is why DC is so bad at this.
That. With Fox pretty much on it's last legs the only real studios we have when it comes to upcoming comic book movies are Sony and they're spider man movies, the MCU and whatever projects DC is doing. And as stated DC has a TERRIBLE track record of announcing projects and not ever doing anything with them. And quite honestly until they actually have a movie in SOLID pre production actually ready to film I wish they would just top announcing behind the scenes stuff of movies. Seriously writing a script doesn't mean anything nowadays. Marvel used to do this somewhat (thus why there were annoucements of scripts of a Hawkeye or Nick Fury movie we may likely never see) but have stopped now and when they announce something they make it happen. Remember that they announced how Phase 3 would play out nearly four years ago and all the movies they announced have either come out or are officially now in post production as they're ready to reveal a new grouping of films. And though have teased certain other movies coming out in the mean time only give any attention to projects they for sure are going to make. Meanwhile DC just approves a script to near anything these days and acts as it's news worthy even if nothing really comes of it. Really at this point DC needs to put up and shut up: either actually have these movies out or don't say anything about just ideas. Even if you have a script that doesn't mean anything nowadays and really until a movie goes into filming or comes from someone we know would actually do so, just saying it means so little it shouldn't of even been said. Again it's a good idea but that's all it is and DC isn't at the point yet where just having good ideas means anything to them.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,727 7
Framingham, MA
Do you know what I love? How DC is always stating they have these movies "In development". As if it's SO hard for one guy to crank out a screenplay for a single film. The word "development" is said to imply that the project is being exhaustively and meticulously researched. I'll admit. It's a damn sight better phrasing than "Some idiot sent in a screenplay so bad we'll have to rewrite it ten times before we actually pass on it."