Latest News & Videos

Todd Black

Reporter
Reporter
Apr 8, 2015
Time does interesting things to media. Sometimes a cult-classic becomes a legendary film. Sometimes a film that was seen as legendary becomes seen more as “adequate” in certain lights. Then, there are films that are “doomed to be bad”, and then make waves no one expected. That latter one is what happened with the Joker film. It went from a movie no one wanted to see, to the first-ever R-Rated film to make $1 billion dollars at the box office.
It did this over this current weekend at the box office, and it did that amount without the aid of China, which has been a major player in the superhero box office and other box offices. The country wouldn’t show the film, and it didn’t matter.
This puts its above many other films who have gotten $1 billion at the box office because it did it without the “money maker” of Japan. What’s more, because of its low budget (which was meant to hinder the film as reports...
Continue reading...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

For some reason I keep being reminded of this post I made on a Black Clover talkback thread: C&C - Black Clover - "The One With No Magic" [9/8]

It seems like the inspiration for Maya comes from his wife, mother, and sister.
The good news is I'm not scared anymore. The bad news is, as I have absorbed things, I am now freaking infuriated.
For nick@nite, and I thought full house was the only one skipped.., now George lopez is doing the same thing.. early Mon Jun 1 3:30am was No Free Launch, then skipped episodes to A Kiss is Just Kiss episode aired early Jun 2 at 4am. Very weird for nick@nite, obvi a sign that show won't last long