JoJo's Bizarre News and Discussion Thread

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
I think most of these OVA's have already been released, so Netflix is just releasing them collectively, with both sub and dub.

The last episode aired in Japan in December 2019. Netflix apparently got the rights in October 2020. I think there probably was enough time to make a dub. I just realized that most Netflix trailers for "Original" anime include just the Japanese audio, so that doesn't mean there won't be a dub.

Edit: Huge update. Dub trailer. No cast announcements, so I have no idea who is in the cast, except I think I can make out Crispin Freeman. A lot of people are debating who they think is voicing Rohan. We'll probably get an official announcement soon. Anybody have a good enough ear to identify all the voices in the trailer. Anyway, hype!

Rohan OVA officially out. Landon McDonald, who is also going to be the villain of the new Demon Slayer movie, plays Rohan
The characters from Diamond is Unbreakable also appear and all the rest of them reprise their roles.
Anyway, I watched the first episode and it was basically like JoJo meets the Twilight Zone. If you're a JoJo fan, this might tide you over until whenever part 6 finally comes out.

Just saw and enjoyed episode 2, but it was really creepy in that it featured
necrophilia
. We learn that Rohan likes Rurouni Kenshin and Sailor Moon and those were cool shoutouts.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
3/25: Rohan: Pretty good OVA! Left me wanting more episodes though. I loved the little set up of Golden Wind in the opening scene and it was a lovely bonus to see the Diamond cast appearing off and on. Also pretty neat the story in the first episode took place in Italy as well. Vengeful ghosts were the tip of the iceberg, ha ha.

Probably my least favorite was the Run episode with Hermes. Probably because it was framed with Rohan as a side character. Freakiest one was probably the Mustukabe Hill story with the yokai that possesses people. Just the part with Naoko trying to cover up Gunpei's body and blood was messed up.

Animated was really solid. David I think. Curious to see if the rest of the Rohan stories will be adapted.

4/3: Another hint a Stone Ocean anime is coming soon.

Last edited:

Grenzer

This is Kyokugen Karate... 2016 Style
Hard to believe that it has been eight and a half years since Part I aired on Japanese television, and we are just now getting to part VI. Ai Fairouz sounded impressive from that little snippet of Jolyne we heard, but the real question is when the show will premier. Golden Wind was announced in June 2018 and premiered that October, so if COVID does not cause additional delays we should be getting Stone Ocean by the end of the summer. Fingers crossed.

Frontier

Staff member
Awesome, can't wait :D!

I was pulling for Miyuki Sawashiro to play Jolyne, but Ai Fairouz sounds like she'll do an amazing job :).

She's even basically the Japanese Kira Buckland:

EyITe5sWgAYWylH

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Based on previous patterns, it will probably be approx 40 episodes like parts 4-5.

Is it time to play the guess the ending theme game? People got it very wrong with part 5 expecting to live in a Gangstas Paradise instead of waking up feeling so horny. I guess song picks are predictably unpredictable. All that seems likely is that it will be a turn of the century era song as that's when the manga was published. Anybody have a dream song from that era to be the ending?

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
Based on previous patterns, it will probably be approx 40 episodes like parts 4-5.

Is it time to play the guess the ending theme game? People got it very wrong with part 5 expecting to live in a Gangstas Paradise instead of waking up feeling so horny. I guess song picks are predictably unpredictable. All that seems likely is that it will be a turn of the century era song as that's when the manga was published. Anybody have a dream song from that era to be the ending?
The most evil (yet appropriate) song that I can think of: Friday by Rececca Black.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
We still don't have a release date for this announcement, unlike the part 5 announcement. Part 5 aired four months after announcement Without a release date, it's hard to say it will be the same for part 6.

In other news, JoJo returns to Netflix, with what's labeled as season 3 (do they possibly mean part 4 since parts 1-2 are a single season? That would be the first time Diamond is Unbreakable is streaming dubbed anywhere and the first time the subtitled version is available for that season anywhere outside of Crunchyroll). What's Coming to Netflix in April 2021 - What's on Netflix This news makes me wonder who's gonna get the streaming rights to part 6 considering that both Netflix and Crunchyroll (Japanese subtitled version) and Adult Swim (dubbed version) are going to battle it out. Fans who want to watch the show as it comes out in Japan are assuredly rooting for the latter two to win the battle.

Frontier

Staff member
We still don't have a release date for this announcement, unlike the part 5 announcement. Part 5 aired four months after announcement Without a release date, it's hard to say it will be the same for part 6.

In other news, JoJo returns to Netflix, with what's labeled as season 3 (do they possibly mean part 4 since parts 1-2 are a single season? That would be the first time Diamond is Unbreakable is streaming dubbed anywhere and the first time the subtitled version is available for that season anywhere outside of Crunchyroll). What's Coming to Netflix in April 2021 - What's on Netflix This news makes me wonder who's gonna get the streaming rights to part 6 considering that both Netflix and Crunchyroll (Japanese subtitled version) and Adult Swim (dubbed version) are going to battle it out. Fans who want to watch the show as it comes out in Japan are assuredly rooting for the latter two to win the battle.
I mean, I think Viz will probably still try to license it, but Netflix does seem to be trying hard to get as many Shonen anime as they can get...

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Was hoping to see actual footage and was disappointed it was only a voice clip, but it's still a tidbit. Yeah, I expect Jolyne's voice actress to nail it. It's probably very early in the project, thus no animated footage to show.

Frontier

Staff member
Was hoping to see actual footage and was disappointed it was only a voice clip, but it's still a tidbit. Yeah, I expect Jolyne's voice actress to nail it. It's probably very early in the project, thus no animated footage to show.
Kind of reminds me of the Part 4 teaser that showed off sillhouettes of all the Stand users (that got repurposed for the Opening) and ended with Josuke, Crazy Diamond, and Josuke's catchphrase :).

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
In other news, JoJo returns to Netflix, with what's labeled as season 3 (do they possibly mean part 4 since parts 1-2 are a single season? That would be the first time Diamond is Unbreakable is streaming dubbed anywhere and the first time the subtitled version is available for that season anywhere outside of Crunchyroll). What's Coming to Netflix in April 2021 - What's on Netflix

Was this an international release? Because in the US, just the first three parts (2 seasons) are back.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Was this an international release? Because in the US, just the first three parts (2 seasons) are back.

I think What's On Netflix just got confused between season and parts when it comes to JoJo. I think they meant part 3 is coming rather than season 3, which is part 4. Non anime sources tend to not understand anime.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
The Diamond is Unbreakable dub just recently dropped on Netflix after a long time of it not being available for streaming. When Adult Swim loses the streaming rights to part 5, will Viz give it Netflix immediately or wait on it to sell more Blu Rays? It took a year between Adult Swim losing the Diamond is Unbreakable rights and now for the dub to stream. Yashahime also has got me wondering if they'll debut Stone Ocean on streaming or not.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts