JoJo's Bizarre News and Discussion Thread

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
We have some bizarre news to discuss, http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...re-adventure-anime-continues-with-vento-aureo. Part 5 announced and Japanese staff listed. Voice cast and number of episodes not yet announced. How long do we anticipate this part to be?

On another topic, still nothing on the dub of part 4 despite part 3's Toonami airing coming close to an end. The first half of Stardust Crusaders is getting a Blu-Ray release, including a $70 special edition with lots of cool special features, https://www.viz.com/watch/tv-series/jojo-s-bizarre-adventure-season-2/product/5573. It's gonna be a while until we get parts 4 and 5 on Blu-Ray, unfortunately. Anybody anticipate the sudden announcement of a part 4 dub and any cast predictions?

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Another thing to speculate about, the ending theme. Which popular song is it going to be?

Considering the fact that Boruto isn't dubbed yet, I'm worried that Viz hasn't started the part 4 dub yet because Viz is the slowest dubbing company out there. Part 5 won't be on Blu-Ray in the USA until 2021, knowing how they work. I hope I'm wrong and that they are secretly doing a dub. Any convention announcements will be big. Let's keep our eyes peeled on that.

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
How long do we anticipate this part to be?
I'm going with approximately 39 episodes. Part 4 felt a bit rushed at that length, but it had twenty more chapters than Part 5 to cover, while Part 3 (which is just three chapters shorter than Part 5) had 48 episodes, but as a result some episodes felt stretched out. For Part 5, especially since it's more action-heavy than Part 4 (so the fights should help the pacing), 39 seems like the sweet spot.

Another thing to speculate about, the ending theme. Which popular song is it going to be?
The popular fan choice, from what I've seen, seems to be "Gangsta's Paradise". It matches up perfectly with the time frame that Part 5 was originally published during (Part 5 started in November 1995, Coolio's song was released only a month before) and it fits with the main characters of Part 5 being gangsters (though, in this case, the Italian variety).

Considering the fact that Boruto isn't dubbed yet, I'm worried that Viz hasn't started the part 4 dub yet because Viz is the slowest dubbing company out there.
I'm not too worried. Part 3's dub has probably been finished for a while (work began on it shortly before Toonami even started airing Part 1) and we'll probably hear casting info for Part 4's dub during Viz's JoJo panel at Anime Expo next month. Then its release window may be largely up to when Toonami has space available; They probably won't go straight into Part 4 when Part 3's dub ends, since Attack on Titan season 3 will be ready around then. Taking Labor Day into account, Pop Team Epic will finish the third week of September, so (if Viz has it ready in time) JoJo Part 4 could show up as soon as September 29th (which would be great since that's only a month and a half after Part 3 ends). If not then, it probably won't be until early next year.

I imagine Boruto hasn't been dubbed yet because Viz still has 56 episodes of Shippuden left to release. Either for practical or licensing purposes, they're likely waiting to finish Shippuden before moving on.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
On one hand we get another Jojo series on the other hand Golden Wind is one of my most disliked part(I do not care for most of the characters)

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
On one hand we get another Jojo series on the other hand Golden Wind is one of my most disliked part(I do not care for most of the characters)

Maybe this adaptation can improve upon it. Hopefully, we can have the entire JoJo series adapted into anime format. It looks like we'll get one part every two years. JoJo part 4 seemed to get a huge popularity boost following its anime adaptation. Will part 5 have a similar fate?

Volthoom

Part 5 has popularity issues in the West due to bad translations, and really not helped by the fact that there was a PS2 game adaptation of Part 5 that never made it out of Japan due to Prince and his lawyers. Though I'm honestly not certain why people thought Part 5 wouldn't get made into an anime, it's one of the most popular Parts of JoJo in Japan alongside Parts 3 and 7.

But man there are things hat will be awesome to see, and maybe the anime will clear up how a certain Stand works.

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
Part 5 has popularity issues in the West due to bad translations, and really not helped by the fact that there was a PS2 game adaptation of Part 5 that never made it out of Japan due to Prince and his lawyers. Though I'm honestly not certain why people thought Part 5 wouldn't get made into an anime, it's one of the most popular Parts of JoJo in Japan alongside Parts 3 and 7.

But man there are things hat will be awesome to see, and maybe the anime will clear up how a certain Stand works.
Pretty sure people only say part 5 anime will never get made as a joke. It's a recurring gag in the fandom. As for how that certain Stand works, it just works. :^)

Anyways, the first episode of Golden Wind was screened earlier today at France Anime Expo. You can see a portion of the footage here.

Last edited:

Volthoom

Also there is a joke(though they may be serious) in the JoJo fandom that they want the Ending song to be gnagsta's Paradise, which does fit quite well.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
nyways, the first episode of Golden Wind was screened earlier today at France Anime Expo. You can see some of the screencaps here.

Cool to know about the first episode screening. The screencaps seem to be just the cgi intro and that's it. I don't really expect it to be that huge a change in aesthetics from part 4. Still dying to know what the ending song is.

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
Cool to know about the first episode screening. The screencaps seem to be just the cgi intro and that's it. I don't really expect it to be that huge a change in aesthetics from part 4. Still dying to know what the ending song is.
Correction: It was two excerpts of the footage shown. Here are the screencaps:
Also there is a joke(though they may be serious) in the JoJo fandom that they want the Ending song to be gnagsta's Paradise, which does fit quite well.
I think they're being serious, because the song does fit the whole gangsta theme very well.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Well that licking scene was creepy? That guy seems to be the bad guy, but without context it's hard to tell. Just a few more months until it's real premiere sometime in October. Too bad there probably aren't any French people on Toonzone who can describe the experience. I'm sure it rocks, becuase it's the JoJo anime, but it would be reassuring to hear some hype.

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
The voice cast for Golden Wind has been announced, which is as follows:
Giorno Giovanna (VA: Kenshou Ono)
Bruno Bucciarati (VA: Yuichi Nakamura)
Narancia Ghirga (VA: Daiki Yamashita)
Pannacotta Fugo (VA: Junya Enoki)
Guido Mista (VA: Kousuke Toriumi)
Leone Abbacchio (VA: Junichi Suwabe)

In other news, Warner Bros. Japan has released this cool teaser trailer, which was revealed at the Japanese premiere for the anime.

Last edited:

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
From Viz's panel, https://twitter.com/VIZMedia Diamond is Unbreakable will come to Toonami on the 18th and there will be an American video release of the live action movie. Fairly new voice actor Billy Kametz will be Josuke in the anime dub.

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
Huh, this thread has been suspiciously quiet. Might as well get everyone up to speed with the info we have so far.

Golden Wind will premiere on October 5. Its opening theme is titled "Fighting Gold", and is sung by Coda a.k.a. the guy that sang Bloody Stream (!) from Part 2. It is written and composed by Neko Oikawa and Toshiyuki Oomori i.e. the people responsible for the FREAKING EVANGELION OPENING THEME. I just know that I'm gonna love this OP.

Oh and there's a new Jojo game in the works. That's neat, I guess.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Still need to know about that ending, but the opening is off the chain. There are still a lot of things we don't know about from Viz. It will be a while before the part 4 DVD/Blu-Rays, but I'm wondering how they will be divided as 38 episodes isn't as neat as 24 and 24. Split it 24 first set, 12 second set or the reverse of that? Split it into groups of 10-12? Put them all on one set? Something else entirely? Also, when will we get an official English release past part 3 of the manga? There is a lot to be uncertain about in the future.

Volthoom

Probably nineteen for the first set, ten for the second, and nine for the third.

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
So I assume this is the talkback thread for Part 5.

vlcsnap-2018-10-05-19h13m56s369.png

Golden Wind Episode 1
"Gold Experience"

Chapters adapted: 440-445​

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts