Johnny Test Returns, Courtesy Of Wildbrain

Latest News & Videos

SweetShop209

You read this right. Johnny Test is coming back, courtesy of Wild Brain, who's mostly known for their shorts on their YouTube channel. Until we find more news, this will be posted here.

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
If angry cartoon YouTubers thought the animation in the TV show was rough, they haven't seen anything. WildBrain's shorts are very low end. If these are voiced, don't expect the original cast either. WildBrain's other web-continuations use non-union NYC actors.

I did not see that coming , not at all.
Pretty much any successful cartoon has revival potential.

NeoplanDan

Avid Transit Advocate
Didn't expected this to come out of the grave......
We hadn't heard much about this since season six ended along with the show itself.

LinusFan303

A Fan of Linus Van Pelt.
If angry cartoon YouTubers thought the animation in the TV show was rough, they haven't seen anything. WildBrain's shorts are very low end. If these are voiced, don't expect the original cast either. WildBrain's other web-continuations use non-union NYC actors.

Pretty much any successful cartoon has revival potential.
That's true, and I even liked the series, but still wasn't expecting it. Also that makes it sound like a web motion comic.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Well this is an unexpected development. I know that the series was successful, but I didn't think it was successful enough to get a revival, even if it could be just a series of shorts on YouTube. I never saw much appeal in Johnny Test, but I didn't really hate it either. I think most of the hate back in the day was just from how overplayed it was on Cartoon Network. I don't know what plans they have for the series, but it is a surprise to see even Johnny Test can get a revival.

TheJLeeTeam

Beak Freak & Bronikitty
Ironically I expected Johnny Test to return at some point.

I actually kind of liked the original show for what it was. However I mostly watched it when there was nothing else on, as I couldn’t help but be amused by how cheesy it was. I actually think the Kids WB seasons are still decent but the rest of the series is mediocre at best.

MegasMilo379

Charmed.
Jeez. And I thought the James Gunn news was the big shocker of the week.

I liked watching the show when it first aired, even when Cartoon Network went overboard with it. Sure, it was mediocre, but something of a time-waster when nothing much else aired.

But I never realized --because of the CN overexposure-- it would or could be revived. But hey, in this age of revivals and reboots in the age of social media, anything is possible.
Ehh, we'll see where this goes.

Rhaynebow

I’m fine with this show coming back, but only if, for the love of all things smothered in chocolate, they never use THAT horrendous sound effect again.

You all know the one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
I’m fine with this show coming back, but only if, for the love of all things smothered in chocolate, they never use THAT horrendous sound effect again.

You all know the one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its literally the ONLY soundtrack

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk