Johnny Quest and Tom and Jerry Crossover

dth1971

I hope Rob Paulsen, who voiced Hadji in the 1986 revival of Jonny Quest, voices Hadji again in this Tom and Jerry/Jonny Quest team up.

Maybe we might see in the future direct to DVD movies of Tom and Jerry teaming up with (Besides Scooby-Doo and Yogi Bear and Looney Tunes mentioned):
The Flintstones
The Jetsons
The Justice League of America (with Superman and Batman and Wonder Woman and others)
The Teen Titans

How about another WWE team up movie where Tom and Jerry appear in it?

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Warner Brothers seem to be running out of ideas though. Someone will either have to suggest to end the franchise when they completely run out or if someone has the brains they will suggest a revival of The New Scooby and Scrappy-Doo Show which does have fans. Most of them just don't come here. This incarnation of the show can't stay dead forever.

None of that is fact. It's just your opinion. You have zero factual evidence that any of that is going to happen. You've been saying this same thing since day one, and we get it; you're a Daphne/Shaggy shipper and you want The New Scooby & Scrappy Doo Show to be revived. We get it already. The original series with the 5 man band is iconic and WB will keep making new series and putting out new DTVs as long as fans keep coming back for more. By contrast, most people aside from hardcore H-B archivists have completely forgotten that The New Scooby & Scrappy Doo Show even existed. And the few that do remember the show, don't remember it very fondly.

News Flash: Scooby Doo is Warner Bros. equivalent to The Simpsons. The Scooby Doo franchise with the original 5 is showing no signs of slowing down. We might see Scrappy return in some form somewhere down the line, but a revival of The New Scooby and Scrappy Doo Show seems very, very, very unlikely. Scooby's producers aren't "brainless" just because they're not doing what you personally want them to be doing.

I'd also like to point out that all of this Scooby Doo talk is completely irrelevant to this particular discussion.

TheSponge

None of that is fact. It's just your opinion. You have zero factual evidence that any of that is going to happen. The Scooby Doo franchise with the original 5 is showing no signs of slowing down. We might see Scrappy return in some form somewhere down the line, but a revival of The New Scooby Doo Show seems very, very, very unlikely.

I'd also like to point out that all of this Scooby Doo talk is completely irrelevant to this particular discussion.

That's also your opinion. I really hate it when people say it won't happen and there are people that agree with me about the current Scooby-Doo going downhill with the writing and I wasn't the one who brought up the topic of Scooby-Doo on this thread. I just said a Tom and Jerry/Looney Tunes crossover wouldn't work with the original 5. I wasn't expecting that reboots of Inspector Gadget or Teletubbies would happen but they did and The New Scooby and Scrappy-Doo Show has the same chance of a reboot that those shows did 5 years ago. Lets just end it here. Topics like these is why I hate this planet.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
That's also your opinion. I really hate it when people say it won't happen and there are people that agree with me about the current Scooby-Doo going downhill with the writing and I wasn't the one who brought up the topic of Scooby-Doo on this thread. I just said a Tom and Jerry/Looney Tunes crossover wouldn't work with the original 5. I wasn't expecting that reboots of Inspector Gadget or Teletubbies would happen but they did and The New Scooby and Scrappy-Doo Show has the same chance of a reboot that those shows did 5 years ago. Lets just end it here.

I agree that this should end, because you're argument holds no water whatsoever. You keep making statements that aren't quantifiable in any way, shape or form, nor have you given any sort of concrete evidence to support your claims, yet you act as if said evidence already exists. The popularity of original 5 Mysteries, Inc. cast isn't "just my opinion"; the fact that the franchise is still going with this format more than 2 decades after the original series' run proves that this is fact, whereas you keep screaming "They're going to bring back The New Scooby and Scrappy Doo Show!" for no other reason besides you just want this to happen. The popularity of The New Scooby and Scrappy Doo Show isn't nearly as popular as that of Inspector Gadget or the The Teletubbies, even when said shows were in their heyday. Saying "This show can get a revival because those more popular shows did" is a weak argument.

At this point, I think that a more realistic goal would be to hope/ask for The New Scooby and Scrappy Doo Show to get a DVD release. Maybe Boomerang could one day air the reruns of the series, but that also doesn't seem likely at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheSponge

I agree that this should end, because you're argument holds no water whatsoever. You keep making statements that aren't quantifiable in any way, shape or form, nor have you given any sort of concrete evidence to support your claims, yet you act as if said evidence already exists. The popularity of original 5 Mysteries, Inc. cast isn't "just my opinion"; the fact that the franchise is still going with this format more than 2 decades after the original series' run proves that this is fact, whereas you keep screaming "They're going to bring back The New Scooby and Scrappy Doo Show!" for no other reason besides you just want this to happen. The popularity of The New Scooby and Scrappy Doo Show isn't nearly as popular as that of Inspector Gadget or the The Teletubbies, even when said shows were in their heyday. Saying "This show can get a revival because those more popular shows did" is a weak argument.

At this point, I think that a more realistic goal would be to hope/ask for The New Scooby and Scrappy Doo Show to get a DVD release. Maybe Boomerang could one day air the reruns of the series, but that also doesn't seem likely at this point.

I wasn't screaming it I was just suggesting it which are two different things. It will probably happen one day like how A Pup Named Scooby-Doo got a puppet movie but it will take a few years. Getting a DVD release and promoting it does seem like a chance of getting it popular to a younger audience. I think we should just make another thread and delete these off topic posts on this thread if we want to continue talking about it.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
The Sponge said:
I think we should just make another thread and delete these off topic posts on this thread if we want to continue talking about it.

That won't be necessary as I literally have nothing else to say regarding this topic. However, if you want to create a separate thread for anyone else who might be interested, go for it. As for deleting the last few posts, we'll let a moderator make that call.

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
Maybe we might see in the future direct to DVD movies of Tom and Jerry teaming up with (Besides Scooby-Doo and Yogi Bear and Looney Tunes mentioned):
The Flintstones
The Jetsons
The Justice League of America (with Superman and Batman and Wonder Woman and others)
The Teen Titans

Or maybe, just maybe, WBA will finally let these franchises stand on their own merits give them new animated projects on their own as opposed to just arbitrarily sticking Tom & Jerry into everything. Dare to dream.

In any regard, I'd say any Scooby or Tom & Jerry team-up with a DC property is kind of iffy at this stage. After the trainwreck that was DC Nation, DC seems to be done loaning their properties out to kid franchises for now. Besides, any comedic DC toons would likely end up like Teen Titans GO! (a Titans crossover would more than likely be the GO! versions of the characters since that's the show WB and CN are currently hyping), and I'd rather not get more of that, thanks.

How about another WWE team up movie where Tom and Jerry appear in it?

TheSponge said:
I think we would have enough WWE crossovers if Warner Brothers does a Tom and Jerry one. Which is why I hope the next Scooby-Doo WWE movie ends up not happening.

The first Scooby-Doo WrestleMania Mystery sold copies and put butts into seats, and Scooby and the WWE are still hot properties with kids, so it's gonna happen. Like it or not, WBA would be insane to not take advantage of the cash cow while it's still ripe for milkin'.

hobbyfan

Warner may actually be on to something by pairing T & J with Jonny Quest.

DC bombed big time with a Scooby-Super Friends x-over in Scooby-Doo Team-Up 6 (Superman returns in issue 9, out now), but a different, retro-centric script would make for a good DTV. Other than that, oh, I don't know. Maybe Dynomutt takes Scooby's place and meets the Justice League?

Last edited:

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
Blue Falcon and Dog Wonder meeting the Justice League? Now, that's a DTV I'd like to see. I enjoyed the badass BF from Mystery, Inc. Make it happen, WB!

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Blue Falcon and Dog Wonder meeting the Justice League? Now, that's a DTV I'd like to see. I enjoyed the badass BF from Mystery, Inc. Make it happen, WB!

Seconded. Blue Falcon and Dog Wonder teaming up with the Justice League would be bleeping cool. That's more interesting to me than Tom & Jerry meeting Johnny Quest, although it is good to see that Warner Brothers hasn't forgotten that JQ exists.

Scrappy-Fan92

So first Flintstones, now Johnny Quest? I'm OK with this. I'm not exceedingly fond of either franchise (I've long preferred Scooby, Secret Squirrel, and to a lesser extent Yogi Bear), but it's good to see the Hanna-Barbera properties getting some new animated material.

hobbyfan

According to a wrestling website I frequent, WWE, after the sequel to the Scooby-Doo WrestleMania Mystery, will meet the Jetsons. Oh, I know McMahon's out there, but this was just too easy.

Dr.Pepper

When I first saw this thread I thought it was an April Fools prank. Anyways this is the most random crossover I have ever heard of.

Yippee Coyote

Graphic Novelist
Yowp has spoken! He made mention of the Tom & Jerry / Jonny Quest crossover on a recent blog post.

You needn’t ask me what I think of Tom and Jerry being in a cartoon feature with Jonny Quest. You can guess the answer.

The Hanna-Barbera "Nostalgia Critic" of Great Britain, ladies and gentlemen!

hobbyfan

YippeeCoyote: Clicked on the link, and no sign of Yowp's comments in re.: JQ/T&J. Whassupwitdat?

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Wait... What? I'd wanted to see a New Jonny Quest dtv revival for a while but this definitely was not what I had in mind. I can't believe they threw Jezebel Jade in there as well. I never thought I'd have to watch one of these Tom & Jerry movies in its entirety but I'm a big enough classic JQ fan that it feels like a necessity.

So far preferring this Race voice to what they did in the 90s.

Sketch

not like those other old guys
Well that seemingly came out of nowhere. I believe I heard Mike Sinterniklaas as a henchman and possibly Dana Snyder as Dr. Zin (might have been someone else like James Hong). Mike and/or Dana showing up in a Jonny Quest project is rather amusing to me since they're key voices in Venture Bros., I wonder if Doc Hammer and Jason Publik will pop up somewhere. I'm pretty sure I heard Jess Harnell and that's probably Corey Burton as either Race and/or Dr. Quest.

Steve Carras

SUGAR RUSH!!!!
Well that seemingly came out of nowhere. I believe I heard Mike Sinterniklaas as a henchman and possibly Dana Snyder as Dr. Zin (might have been someone else like James Hong). Mike and/or Dana showing up in a Jonny Quest project is rather amusing to me since they're key voices in Venture Bros., I wonder if Doc Hammer and Jason Publik will pop up somewhere. I'm pretty sure I heard Jess
Harnell
WHAT, is Yakko Warner in this, saying "Hello Nurse"?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts