Johnny Quest and Tom and Jerry Crossover

DHB8008

Jonny Quest and Tom and Jerry Crossover

tom%2Band%2Bjerry%2Bspy%2Bquest%2Bbox.jpg

HK AND CULT FILM NEWS: "Tom and Jerry: Spy Quest" - Tom and Jerry Are Teaming Up With Johnny Quest For a Top Secret Mission!

This looks interesting as they are both very different shows.

Here is the trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLsHlO8OGTo
(I'm sorry if this is in the wrong sub-forum)

hobbyfan

Couple this with Jonny meeting Scooby-Doo in the comics (Scooby-Doo Team-Up 10, out in May), ya wonder what could be next? Jonny and Secret Squirrel?

Last edited:

Silverstar

Jet Flyin', Limousine Ridin'
Two great tastes that taste weird together.

Seems these days the the only way to get Warner Bros. Animation to show any of the HB characters some love is to have them team up with Scooby-Doo or Tom & Jerry.

Better than nothing I guess.

Dudley

Staff member
Two great tastes that taste weird together.

Seems these days the the only way to get Warner Bros. Animation to show any of the HB characters some love is to have them team up with Scooby-Doo or Tom & Jerry.

Better than nothing I guess.

Don't forget WWE.

When I saw the thread when scrolling, I thought someone was pitching some idea for a crossover, so this being a real crossover is quite a surprise!
I hope this airs on TV, because I definitely want to watch this!

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
You know thinking about it, sans stuff like The Venture Brothers, isn't this like the first actual NEW Johnny Quest related product since the New Adventures of Johnny Quest in the 90s? Granted they brought back the Flintstones for the wrestling movie but the Flintstones is a tested and tried formula that is such a huge staple of Hanna Barbera. I always associated Johnny Quest more as a novelty or a cult hit: yeah it has it's fans and yeah it was something different but it doesn't have a lot of the notority or franchise as their biggest hits. And this does seem like the oddest way to bring it up: I know a lot of the actual related plots of these Tom and Jerry DTV don't matter much anyway as their just lame spoofs or stock tropes there to give some sort of narrative to the cat and mouse chase but... really Johnny Quest? There are like dozens of other Hanna Barbera characters I'd go through first. Heck why not do a scooby Doo crossover? Where we see Scooby actually spend most of the episode chasing down and barking at Tom while being chased by a monster? At least it makes more sense then Johnny Quest.

On the other hand I do appreciate them using a more underutlizied character and hey seems like they're trying to be faithful to the quests. This just seems like the weirdest idea to me, even for Hanna Barbera. Like unelss someone has a major recollect of wanting to bring back that franchise I see no point in this myself but I guess I'm not whatever random studio CEO who green lit this project.

hobbyfan

If DC can get a license to use Tom & Jerry, you'd have a better chance of seeing a comic book team-up than a DTV of two iconic franchises.

wiley207

Now THIS is a unique idea! First we get the Flintstones meeting WWF wrestlers, and now this!

It may not be long before we get a Tom and Jerry/Scooby-Doo crossover. Or how about the Looney Tunes meeting Tom, Jerry, Droopy and the rest of the MGM family? That could work too (but not crossing over the Looney Tunes with other H-B franchises...)

TheSponge

I don't think a Tom and Jerry and Scooby-Doo crossover would work at least with the current gang. Maybe a Scooby-Doo crossover with Tom and Jerry or Looney Tunes would work if Warner Brothers used the Scooby, Shaggy, Daphne and Scrappy version of the gang. Warner Brothers is just running out of ideas with the current gang.

Goldstar!

Just a tad spicy
I don't think a Tom and Jerry and Scooby-Doo crossover would work at least with the current gang. Maybe a Scooby-Doo crossover with Tom and Jerry or Looney Tunes would work if Warner Brothers used the Scooby, Shaggy, Daphne and Scrappy version of the gang. Warner Brothers is just running out of ideas with the current gang.

We get it. You liked The New Scooby Doo Show. However, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a revival of that, as that era is generally considered to be a low point in Scooby's career.

Goldstar!

Just a tad spicy
Now all we need is Scooby Doo meets the Real Ghostbusters

The Real Ghostbusters wasn't Hanna Barbera or Warner Brothers. DiC produced that show.

I'm not a huge fan of crossovers myself, but these DTVs seem to be te only way to get Warner Brothers to revive any H-B properties that aren't Scooby or Tom & Jerry.

Silverstar

Then How about Looney Tunes meets Yogi's Space race.

You could have easily just said Looney Tunes meets Yogi and the Gang; that would be baroque enough rather than reference some obscure SatAM show from 1978. Who besides geeks like us even remembers that show? Do the necessary research before typing stuff like this.

Anyway, you're kind of derailing the thread with this business. Let's try to stay focused.

Jazz1000

Evil PLANS...
looks quite interesting, i pick it up but i do agreed that seems abit odd to make crossover with Johnny Quest/Tom And Jerry

brickrrb2

You could have easily just said Looney Tunes meets Yogi and the Gang; that would be baroque enough rather than reference some obscure SatAM show from 1978. Who besides geeks like us even remembers that show? Do the necessary research before typing stuff like this.

Anyway, you're kind of derailing the thread with this business. Let's try to stay focused.

While true I could have just said Looney tunes meets Yogi and The gang, Don't Madcap competitions always bring out the best in a Toon?

Silverstar

What does any of this have to do with topic, man? Seriously? Not to diss, but these little quips aren't getting any funnier the more you drag them out.

If you don't have anything on-topic to say, just leave it be. I've said this before, but here it is one mo' time: every stray random thought that pops into your head doesn't warrant a post.

Getting back to Jonny Quest/Tom & Jerry: I guess the character of Jessie's been retconned out of existence now, so she's not likely to turn up.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheSponge

We get it. You liked The New Scooby Doo Show. However, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a revival of that, as that era is generally considered to be a low point in Scooby's career.

Warner Brothers seem to be running out of ideas though. Someone will either have to suggest to end the franchise when they completely run out or if someone has the brains they will suggest a revival of The New Scooby and Scrappy-Doo Show which does have fans. Most of them just don't come here. This incarnation of the show can't stay dead forever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts