JLU coming to Vortexx.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
The CW's new Saturday morning kids' block, Vortexx (powered by Saban, who brought the world Power Rangers and the original Fox Kids block in the 90s), which is premiering on August 25, will have an interesting addition to its block...Justice League Unlimited.

The sequel to Justice League will air every Saturday at 9:30AM on The CW.

Mod Note: Read the press release at The World's Finest.

Justice League

Just Old Cartoons
I can't wait for it every Saturday.I love Justice League Unlimited.It's my favorite show

Dudley

Staff member
Since I have the whole show on DVD, I plan on watching the show out of morbid curiosity to see what edits are made.

gmster

Since I have the whole show on DVD, I plan on watching the show out of morbid curiosity to see what edits are made.

I have the show on DVD too, but I never saw it's original run. No cable, so seeing JLU on a SatAM block is pretty cool.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member

What would there be to edit? I don't recall much objectionable content in the show.

Dusty

Superman.
Daikun said:
What would there be to edit? I don't recall much objectionable content in the show.

There wasn't anything too bad, it was mostly innuendo stuff, and the violence was a bit more than usual shows, (There may have been some more questionable dialog between characters, but it wasn't horrible) most of those things I imagine went over little kids heads, teenagers/adults probably couldn't care less. But I think JLU did have a bit more of an adult/serious tone to it, at least compared to past Timm/Burnett/Dini shows. And even though I dislike the more serious tone, I don't believe anything needs to be edited really. I just skip JLU and watch my JL reruns ;)

Random thoughts.....
This is great news though, hopefully one day CN will maybe be able to show reruns of JL and JLU again too. Maybe if the live action JL movie actually gets made, they will rerun this show... Though they would probably make a new type of Justice League show I suppose. But I do wonder who or how anyone could even do that, because I don't think they could compete with JL or BATB, both those were great DCU/JL shows, but maybe they could do something cool. Hmmm.... ;)

D.

Dudley

Staff member

Well, there is a lot of punching.
I don't know what they'll take out though, if anything. I haven't watched Saturday morning cartoons on broadcast TV in years, so I forgot how violent cartoons are allowed to get.

Sonic_Eclipse

Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!
I think its great that JLU will be on TV again, its even more awesome that its on Vortexx.

Its funny cause I was just thinking the other day that Justice League will probably get on The Hub eventually. Guess not.

gmster

The CW has strict BS&P. Punches to the face aren't allowed, which there is a lot of in JLU. Words like "kill" or "die" aren't allowed either. The main reason I'm going to watch it on Vortexx is to see the edits.

darkdetective

Former TZ Reporter/Reviewer
What about a wife (Hawkgirl) cheating on her husband, and then her husband committing suicide? I wonder if that episode'll be shown at all...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts