Jetix Talkback: W.I.T.C.H.- L is for Loser (SPOILERS)

sag_2002

JetixPremieire.jpg

The final W.I.T.C.H. episode to air on ABC Family, as JETIX becomes a Toon Disney exclusive after this week:

LAST WEEK: The Guardians got the full scoop on their new enemy, Nerissa, who, as it turns out, is actually an ex-guardian who turned to the darkside and was released when the Veil was raised. A big battle ensued, which, unfortunately, got the girls no closer to rescuing Elyon from the Heart of Meridian she's been trapped in since "J is for Jewel." Meanwhile, Taranee tried once again to shed her good girl image in an attempt to win over Nigel.

THIS WEEK: Irma is put in charge of Sheffield's new student radio station, K-SHIP, and winds up calling Martin a loser on the air, endangering their friendship.

SPOILERS: Blah blah blah, spoiler boxes, blah blah blah. Speaking of spoilers...

PLOT TWIST ALERT!!!: The Knights of Vengance version 2.0 debut in this episode, and two of our beloved non-Guardian characters are turned to the darkside. Who will it be? You'll just have to tune in to find out!

Gokou Ruri

Wielder of the dark arts.
If they made Matt or Caleb become Shagon, that would be completely awesome. But then that wouldn't explain Khor to well unless they're going to make him the other human and not the dog. Hey, maybe Blunk will get turned into Khor...

Last edited by a moderator:

creativerealms

And here I was expected a lighter filler episode after Jewel and Knowledge. Boy was I wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gokou Ruri

Awsome episode, I loved the battle sequence and look forward to more from the Knights 2.0. I'm glad they kept the bond Shagon and Khor have in the comics, and judging by this episode, their fates will be the same as in the comic.

Dudley

Staff member
Wow. New recurring villians.

And one of them is Matt! This is the best episode I've seen so far of the 2nd season.

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
Semi-OT

I take it Shagon's Mask resemblence to Anarky was Greg's contribution.

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
I'm waiting to see what Will's reaction will be when she finds out Matt is one of the new enemies. Narissa is more evil than anyone could have imagined. First she traps Elyon, and now she turns Matt against Will.

In case anyone didn't notice, Will now says "Quintessence" when she transforms. I believe this is her third thing: Leader, the Heart, Quintessence.

Kagetsu

Hooligan
Antiyonder said:
Huh???:confused:

Now Matt will be gone from earth like Elyon was. Wow do I ever see a paralle with the Astraldrop come to life with that one. He feeds on hate,,, once Will overcomes hers, granted not going to be easy, I see that whole plan flying apart. And both Matt and the dormouse still retain deep feelings, another weapon in Will's favor. Nerissa doesn't choose allies well.

Now I think they're taking the "boy struck" idea too far. I liked Hey-Lin's alloofness to boy's. Now she's been brought into Will's camp of trying to deal with hormones.

Irma's on air confession was so sweet. But I don't think her exasperation with Martin is going to get any less:D

Has anyone else noticed a change in the animation besides Hey-Lin's pigtails? Something didn't look right, but I'm going to stop short of say it was not up to the same standards.

Gokou Ruri

Antiyonder said:
He had it in the comic too, along with other references like "Mount Thanos". W.I.T.C.H. has a lot of comic references in it. ;)

As for the boy thing, it seems kinda weird how they made Eric out to be some "playa" guy considering he's kind of a geek in the comic.

Dogbert

I Don't See Gravity
I definitely didn't like it that Matt disappeared from Earth and they didn't even touch on his family missing him. Knowing the show's fantastic record for those kinds of details so far, I expect they'll touch on it soon, but I still would have liked to see it this week.

Is Will's hair getting a bit longer or am I imagining things?

Did anyone else notice that they used the standard five-person transformation sequence just with Irma's box empty rather than cutting the group shot? I believe that's a first unless I've been missing it before.

Was Hay Lin floating in her Earthly body, or was that just part of the slight shift to anime-like animation?

A-

Gokou Ruri

They've never done any anime-like animations yet to my knowledge, but yes, she was literally floating. Their powers activate whenever they get emotional, like when Irma slammed her fists down and water droplets appeared.

Dogbert

I Don't See Gravity
Galentone said:
They've never done any anime-like animations yet to my knowledge, but yes, she was literally floating. Their powers activate whenever they get emotional, like when Irma slammed her fists down and water droplets appeared.
I can't think of any specific examples of the anime-like quality at the moment, but I know it's been pointed out in earlier threads. In any case, my point was that Hay Lin has never been able to fly/float before except in guardian form (unless I'm mistaken). What caused it was clear enough either way.

Gokou Ruri

They've started showing they're able to use their powers outside Guardian form in the cartoon, and given Hay Lin is the Guardian of Air, it makes sense if she can fly (or at least hover), especially since in the comics she was the only one who could fly.

bigddan11 said:
I'm waiting to see what Will's reaction will be when she finds out Matt is one of the new enemies. Narissa is more evil than anyone could have imagined. First she traps Elyon, and now she turns Matt against Will.

In case anyone didn't notice, Will now says "Quintessence" when she transforms. I believe this is her third thing: Leader, the Heart, Quintessence.
Will never said leader, it was just a grunt that filled the void unintentionally.

Dogbert

I Don't See Gravity
Galentone said:
They've started showing they're able to use their powers outside Guardian form in the cartoon, and given Hay Lin is the Guardian of Air, it makes sense if she can fly (or at least hover), especially since in the comics she was the only one who could fly.
I couldn't agree more, but the thing that threw me was the fact that no one really cared. You'd think being able to float and/or fly without the Heart transforming her would be a big deal.

Gokou Ruri

Dogbert said:
I couldn't agree more, but the thing that threw me was the fact that no one really cared. You'd think being able to float and/or fly without the Heart transforming her would be a big deal.
They made a big deal of them back in C is for Changes, now them using their powers in human form seem to be the norm :D

Dogbert

I Don't See Gravity
Galentone said:
They made a big deal of them back in C is for Changes, now them using their powers in human form seem to be the norm :D
Yes, for the powers they received and learned to control in C is for Changes. But, just as Cornelia's control of her physical age in F is for Facade was new, interesting and worth noting, so is the ability to fly/float.

Burgundy Ranger

Follower of Power Rangers, especially TV listings
Here's some good news that clears up the schedule confusion.

New episodes continue in September! The reduction of timeslots stays in place, but that weekend morning 10:30 slot WILL continue the progression through the alphabet:

Sept. 9 - M is for Mercy
Sep. 16 - N is for Narcissist
Sep. 23 - O is for Obedience
?Sep. 30? - P is for Protectors

That IS the 'P' title and we have confirmation that it's being added to the Video On Demand schedule, but nothing yet that puts it on the Toon Disney on Sept. 30. It's a pretty good likelihood that it will -- just waiting for confirmation.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts