Jetix Talkback: Jackie Chan Adventures 9/5-9/8 SPOILERS

Viper

I'll Never Forget You Two!
Hey, everyone!

Today Jackie Chan Adventures premieres on Jetix!!!:D Well, actually, it started this morning at 7:30 A.M. but it comes on again at 7:00 P.M. tonight. so, just in case you missed it, you'll have another chance to see it!:D

Here's what I thought of the first ep, "The Dark Hand":

As you know, we meet everybody for the first time: Jackie; his niece, Jade; Uncle, Capt. Black & Sect. 13, Tohru, Valmont & the Dark Hand, and Shendu & the Shadowkahn.

The action was fantastic and the dialogue was terrific!:D

Seems Tohru was more fierce when he was with the Dark Hand.:eek:

Hey, without Jade, there wouldn't be much ofa show, would there? Not listening to Jackie, I mean?:) :anime:

This was a great way to start this terrific 5-year series!!! I give it 4 stars!:D

Oh, as Uncle would say, "One more thing." I hope moderator Delia gets to see this show. It was produced by Duane Capizzi, the one who produced...Men In Black: The Series!!!:D

Oh, here's the list of eps for this week:

9/5 The Dark Hand
9/6 The Power Within
9/7 The Mask of El Toro Fuerte
9/8 Enter...The Viper

I hope you all get to see this show!:D

Last edited by a moderator:

adoptedBatpuppy

Confidence is the Key
Wasn't this a Warner Brothers Cartoon and not Disney's?
I remember it aired on Kids WB a long time ago, is it the same show, because it looks exactly the same to me? :yawn:

Viper

True, these eps were first shown on KidsWB, but just in case some people missed it the first time, they now have a chance to see it.:) Also, I very much doubt anyone commented on these eps the first time, which is why I started this thread.

Anyway, here's what I thought of ep #2, The Power Within:

First, this ep continues where the first ep left off: Uncle tells more about the talismans themselves.

However, the main plot of this ep is: while having dinner, Jade accidentally swallows the rooster talisman and the Dark Hand is after her!:ack: Anyone got some Alka-Seltzer?!:ack:

Tony Hawk would've been proud of Jade.;)

This ep is the first time we hear Tohru say, "I hate fish!":p

Still, this ep has plenty of great action and dialogue!:D

Another good ep! I give it 4 stars!:D

Viper

Aw, I see not too many people are watching the show. Oh, well.:sad:

Anyway, here's what I thought of "The Mask of El Toro Fuerte":

Plot: Jackie heads for Mexico in search of the ox talisman.

This is, of course, the debut of both wrestler El Toro and Mexican boy Paco.:)

Unfortunately, not much action in this one, except for the battle on the airplane and when Jade knocks out Tohru when she uses the ox talisman.:)

Jackie was never meant to be a wrestler.:sad:

So, not a bad ep but could've been better. I give it 2.5 stars.:sad: Don't worry, the next ep will be a lot better. Believe me!;)

Viper

kirschy said:
Wasn't Hack Foo introduced about half way through the first season?
Not sure about that. Most likely he was in season 2 when Tohru left the Dark Hand to become good. That was the smartest decision he ever made!:D

Now, here are my thoughts on Enter...The Viper:

This is by far one of the 2 best season 1 eps (the other is The Dog and Piggy Show)!:D

Plot: Jackie heads to New York to retrieve the snake talisman which, unfortunately, he must steal from a museum. Little does he know that a thief named Viper is also there to steal the Pink Puma diamond. Sadly, Jackie gets caught with the diamond and is sent to jail, while Viper has the talisman!:eek:

This ep had a lot of great action scenes: first at the museum when Jackie & Viper first meet, and then both of them fighting the shadowkahn on top of the parade float! Of course, Jade helped a little too.:anime: True excitement!:D :D :D

I thought it was funny when Viper was trying out the snake talisman for the first time.:)

This ep had some great dialogue as well!:D Here's my favorite intense dialogue:

Valmont(to Viper): The talisman!
Viper: It's not for sale.
(Valmont snaps fingers and a dozen shadowkahn appear and surround her!:eek: )
Valmont: Oh...I wasn't planning on buying it.

This was a great ep! I give it 5 stars!:D

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
kirschy said:
Wasn't Hack Foo introduced about half way through the first season?
He was introduced somewhere around the 3rd or 4th-to-last episode of the first season, when Jackie was after the Pig Talisman and Uncle was immortal because of the Dog Talisman. He then disappeared during the final few episodes and joined the main cast when Tohru quit.

oofadoofa

Actually, Viper got the right episode in which he first appeared, apparantly without realizing it. It was, in fact, "The Dag and Piggy Show." My question is, how long (days, weeks,) until that episode airs?

RonDrakenfan17

Luffy fan
Well I've been loving every episode so far, I've seen them before but its nice to see them again. There all very funny, I love the villains and seeing Viper she really does rock. Can't wait for the rest of season one, I should be getting the box set soon.

judyindisguise

This is off-topic a bit, but I've always felt that Jackie Chan should have done the voice for Mushu in Mulan, instead of Eddie Murphy.

tb4000

judyindisguise said:
This is off-topic a bit, but I've always felt that Jackie Chan should have done the voice for Mushu in Mulan, instead of Eddie Murphy.

They wanted to continue the tradition of having pop culture infused sidekicks for the main hero. Each Disney movie from Aladdin on up had that one character that was basically spouting off lingo and what not. Chan would've been ethnically correct, but it wouldn't have been as funny.

judyindisguise

tb4000 said:
They wanted to continue the tradition of having pop culture infused sidekicks for the main hero. Each Disney movie from Aladdin on up had that one character that was basically spouting off lingo and what not. Chan would've been ethnically correct, but it wouldn't have been as funny.

Oh, I understand why Disney chose Murphy (same reason the earlier post-Walt crew kept using Phil Harris for film after film after film); he was safe, in that he was considered a suitable follow-up to Robin Williams (hey, Murphy was a standup-turned-comic-actor too). But IMO Murphy failed as Mushu. The dragon wasn't funny. Now Murphy as Donkey was a rousing success. Maybe a mouthy, mulish person fit Murphy's persona better than a Chinese dragon. Anyway, I still think Chan as Mushu could have been funny, if his dialogue had been written well. An ad-libber, I will admit, he is not.

Dr.Pepper

Kids WB cartoon on a Disney owned channel. What is the world coming to?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ace4135

Some Guy
huyductran said:
it was a sony animation, kids wb and cartoon network only broadcasted it, and now toon disney & jetix hab the rights.

Is it just me? or does Disney seem to be buying the rights to like everything?

:lol:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts