"Jessica Jones" Season Three Talkback (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Rate this final season

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 1 50.0%

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Please note, this thread may contain spoilers and references to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. This thread is for members to speak about all 13 episodes or the majority of them at once.

Series Talkback
Friday, June 14, 2019 @ 3 a.m. Eastern on Netflix

When Jessica crosses paths with a highly intelligent psychopath, she and Trish must repair their fractured relationship and team up to take him down.

Production: June 20, 2018 to December 18, 2018
Release Date: June 14, 2019
Sources: THR 4/12/18, HTS 5/10, DL 6/27, THR 8/22, CBR 2/5/19, Ritter insta 2/18, DL 2/18, CB 2/18, CB 3/11, CBR 5/6, NF YT 5/22, CB 5/23, CBR 5/27, CBM 5/28, CB 5/29, CB 5/31, CB 5/31, CB 6/2, CBM 6/5, EW 6/6, CBR 6/15,
Filming: CB 5/27/18, CBR 6/18, CBM 7/7,
Trailers: NF YT 6/4, NF YT 6/6,

This thread is for members to speak about all 13 episodes or the majority of them at once.

#3.01: AKA The Perfect Burger
#3.02: AKA You're Welcome
#3.03: AKA I Have No Spleen
#3.04: AKA Customer Service is Standing By
#3.05: AKA I Wish
#3.06: AKA Sorry Face
#3.07: AKA The Double Half-Wappinger
#3.08: AKA Camera Friendly
#3.09: AKA I Did Something Today
#3.10: AKA Hero Pants
#3.11: AKA Hellcat
#3.12: AKA A Lotta Worms
#3.13: AKA Everything

Last edited:
Reactions: Fone Bone

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Dec 14, 2008
New York City
I really enjoyed this season, much better than season two (which I liked, but only really got good halfway through). I was engaged throughout, the character work was better, and I liked how someone's actions would have a domino effect on the rest of the cast.

I also like the bold storytelling choices they made at the end of the season, which is one thing I'll miss about the Netflix shows. I don't think any big theatrical CBM (and I don't just mean MCU) would have ended with a main, likable castmember turning evil and then being arrested.

I really didn't like Trish in season two, but I enjoyed her a lot here, to the point where I was genuinely sad (and surprised) when she went past the point of no return. I think she and Frank would get along, heh.

I didn't like how the season swept Oscar under the rug, but the new love interest, Eric, was fine, at least once he stopped being such a downer (though, with his empath powers, I guess it would be hard to stay positive).

Jeri's sub-plot was very fascinating to me. Even dying, she still continues to make toxic choices, sometimes for good reasons, but mostly for bad. I pitied her, in more ways than one.

Unfortunately, Malcolm dropped for me this season. I get his character arc, but he made a lot of unlikable decisions.

Jessica herself is still the best character in the show, and the final shot of the show is a perfect way to bookend her character arc, even if the song was cheesy.

I'll really miss the Netflix shows, and hope they get revived somehow or other, but I'm grateful for the good stuff I got.

Fone Bone

Hindsight 2020!
Jessica Jones: Season 3

Note about the Jessica Jones review. I review each episode one at a time, so a lot of my reviews are based on the information I have only up to that specific episode. I rant a lot about how bad the show is in the early episodes for trying to plot a redemption arc for Trish, but as we see later on, I was completely off-base. I truthfully deleted some of my wrong guesses. But I feel that a lot of my earlier reviews would be completely overhauled if I changed every bit of them to service how the season ended. And if I disliked an episode as I watched it, I'm gonna say so in these reviews, and let it stand in hindsight. Maybe my opinion will change upon a Blu-Ray release. Until then, these are my unvarnished opinions about the season as it went on, warts and all.

Jessica Jones "A.K.A The Perfect Burger"

Just after seeing that episode I'm glad the series was canceled. I'm glad the Netflix era is over. Jeez. I can't even.

Does every single character on this show have to suck so much? I don't think being able to root for somebody on a superhero show is an unreasonable ask.

Jessica is the worst for what she did to Hogarth. You know what? Hogarth's request was weird, terrible, and presumptuous. Leave it to Jessica to make it weirder, more terrible, and more presumptuous than is actually was. This is Jessica abusing a dying woman because she doesn't like her.

Trish hasn't exactly grown as a person either. I can't believe she has no regret over killing Jessica's mom. From what I remember last season, Trish had barely any information on Jessica's mother or what type of person she was up close. To pretend she made that choice for the greater good is lunacy. And I can't believe she let Dorothy believe that she had nothing to do with her death. If Dorothy had known that, she never would have gone to Jessica in the first place, and none of this would have happened. For someone so confident in her ability to decide correctly who lives and dies, Trish doesn't seem to actually want the credit or blame for that. She sucks.

This show and the Netflix shows probably went on too long. *.

Jessica Jones "A.K.A You're Welcome"

Yeah, this season's a dud. And I can pinpoint why. The arc of the season seems to be whether or not Jessica can ever forgive Trish. You know what? That's an unreasonable ask. I am not rooting for Jessica to forgive Trish. What she did is unforgivable. Television has this uncanny knack for destroying their shows and characters in the name of Big Drama and then plot a redemption act to get things back to the status quo the next season. This is why television is gutless. They can't actually follow through with a horrible idea. Trish does not deserve Jessica's forgiveness. Just because the writers made the terrible decision last year to assassinate Trish's character the way they did, that isn't up to Jessica to fix. If they were good decent writers, they would actually comprehend how horrible what they made Trish do was. They had her erase her apology on the computer to make the audience think regret is her true feeling. Even if it was, that's not enough.

And she's asking all the wrong questions. She's asking how many people she needs to save to make it up to Jessica. Do you know why she's not hero? Because heroes don't keep score. They don't see killing somebody mother's as a moral transaction, and something you can throw a wad of good karma at. She's bemoaning Malcolm for covering up for bad guy by throwing money at them, but she's doing the exact same thing with heroics as currency.

I also question the writer's choice to have Malcolm talk about revealing to that kid that that wasn't his dad. Why on Earth would the writers do that? Help me out here. What is the thought process behind that? Who does that help? Other than making me hate Malcolm in a way I never did previously, it added nothing to the story, probably won't be addressed again, and was just horrible for the sake of horrible. And that's television, and that's why I'm glad Jeph Loeb is getting out of this corner of the Marvel Universe. The only worthwhile Marvel Television show has turned out to be Cloak & Dagger. Everything else wound up awful.

It is one thing to show immoral characters. It's quite another to not let the audience believe and understand the characters are immoral. I am not rooting for Jessica and Trish to make-up. I am rooting for the opposte and becoming increasingly alarmed and disturbed that the show thinks murdering somebody's mother on a crazy hunch is something a person needs to get over and forgive their friend for. And it's seriously messed up to me. And so is this show.

Man, this show sucks. *.

Jessica Jones "A.K.A I Have No Spleen"

I sort of expected Jeri to make a play for Kith. Why not? Life's short. Literally for her. Except she never told Kith she was dying. She never told Kith if she gave up a 20 year marriage for her it would be the definition of temporary. I thought the open marriage thing was a nice touch and an unexpected twist. But that doesn't change Jeri's intentions from being selfish and evil. Even knowing she can be with Kith, she won't settle for that. She wants her husband destroyed too, and Kith all for herself. Her husband has both alarming interests and appetites. But ultimately, whether he's the bad guy of the season or not, Jeri is still the bad guy of the triangle.

This show is no fun to watch. Isn't Marvel supposed to be the superhero franchise you actually enjoyed? Then why are all of their TV shows so dour and depressing? Marvel Television can't go out of business fast enough. I'll miss Cloak & Dagger, but the MCU will be better off. **1/2.

Jessica Jones "A.K.A Customer Service Is Standing By"

I have mixed feeling about Sallinger as the Big Bad. On paper, he's great. He's smart, thinks many moves ahead, and thinks Jessica knows more than she does, which means he makes mistakes and she can eventually beat him. Sounds good right? Except just the fact that he can convincingly burst into fake blubbering tears makes him look pathetic and like a total loser. There is something to be said about a totally loathsome villain with no redeeming virtues. But on the other hand, I kind of need to think he's a worthy foe for Jessica in the first place. The fact that he squeals to 911 makes him look like a total bedwetter.

As for Hogarth, here is how you know she sucks. If it were anyone else, once Malcolm made the connection, the proper response would be, "Got me. What was I thinking? It's probably for the best that backfired before it actually got out hand." She doesn't even seem to think what she's doing is absolutely crazy. She actually tells him to go ahead. The best thing she could do for the Marvel Universe is to actually die. She ruins everyone she's knows lives' one tiny bit at a time. I still think Jessica's behavior towards her in the premiere was grotesque. But there is a legitimate reason why Jessica is sickened by her. I just felt that was the wrong moment and way to express it. But lord knows I understand what a monster Hogarth is.

For the record, Trish? Nothing says more about Trish's "clear moral compass" than impaling a woman and running off before the cops show up. Frankly, I wish she had died. I don't think that was the right moment for the writers to give Trish a "Well that all worked out for the best so no foul" moment.

I think Jessica agreeing to work with Trish is smart, not because it's a way to forgive her, but because Sallinger doesn't know she has her, and it gives her a secret advantage. Considering how this scumbag operates, she'll need one or two. I suspect Erik will wind up the other one.

For the record, if I could have any superpower, Erik's would be the one I would want least. It's like one of those Monkey's Paw superpowers they gave the Troubled on the Syfy series Haven. It's powerful all right, but it doesn't seem like something that can actually do a lot of good, and it CAN do a lot of damage. Jessica never would have been stabbed or targeted if he didn't have it.

This particular dark superpower fascinates me so because the main character of the comic book I'm writing (Gilda) has the reverse power. To be able to instantly judge trustworthiness and decency in a person. I portray such a thing as a gift. Jessica Jones' version actually gives the guy stabbing pain behind his eyes. It's like they had the same idea I did, but gave him only the negative facet of the power. That interests me.

The was the first passable episode of the season. ***.

Jessica Jones "A.K.A I Wish"

Do you know what I hate most about Hogarth? The look of sour distaste when she's forced to look at her handiwork. And she's basically Stannis Baratheon in being TOTALLY shocked that things went down the way they did. She's actually surprised. Which is the worst thing of all about her. Say what you will about Stannis, he only made that specific life-destroying decision once. This is Hogarth's strike two. This is not a lesson a person should need to relearn. Somebody with her specific past should already know it.

Ugh. Reconciliation between Trish and Jess. You know what? Even if her mother was a mass murderer, it didn't give Trish any sort of license to kill her. The fact that she took that upon herself tells me how egocentric Trish is. She sucks.

I think Malcolm let Erik's sister go far too easily. He should have been better at that job than he was. He's faced Kilgrave and survived. A pimp and a dumb hooker should not confound him.

Speaking of incompetence, why isn't Jessica wearing gloves, knowing that Sallinger has a penchant for framing people after him? And she might have gotten out of that tower unmolested and not set off the booby trap if she hadn't freaked out because she saw something she already knew was in the tower. I was not impressed with her this episode.

Man, this show has totally lost me. **.

Jessica Jones "A.K.A Sorry Face"

So I completely understand why Erik refuses to go to prison for a year to put Sallinger away, and why Jess accepts that, and I think Trish is incredibly selfish for demanding that from him. All that is true. But you'd think a guy who would literally die if stepped foot inside a prison would be a LOT more careful not to break any laws. I sympathize with him refusing to die to put away Sallinger. But he shouldn't have been blackmailing him in the first place. If he had gone to the cops instead, none of this would be happening.

Dorothy: What kills me about Dorothy is she was literally the worst mom Trish could have had. And yet now, decades later, she is making a sincere effort, while Trish is completely b.s.ing her about everything. I think a person who does the things Trish described to her daughter is a monster. It says something that Trish does not hold the high ground with that person.

Malcolm sucks. Full stop. I can't believe I ever rooted for that character.

Very disappointed we'll never hear about what Danny Rand was doing on his sabbatical. Do you know the messed up thing? Iron Fist had a better last season than this show did. Which should tell you how terrible this season is. Sheesh.

Not great. But the least bad episode so far. ***.

Jessica Jones "A.K.A The Double Half-Wappinger"

Jessica and Malcolm are absolutely SICKENED over the fact that Sallinger teaches kids!!! It's not right!! It's disgusting!! It's an outrage!! It's also not remotely credible. In reality, somebody facing that specific allegation would lose that specific job, even if the allegation were untrue. Being accused of murder is something that will cause a teacher of kids to lose their job. It's the appearance of impropriety which is why they are fired, not the actual crime. Guilt or innocence is irrelevant to that. It's freaking kids. The parents would not stand for that, guilty or not. They wouldn't want to take the risk on their kids.

I'm calling this Jeri's strike three. And like strikes one and two, she'll be shocked, SHOCKED when it blows up in her face.

Is it just me or has Trish been really careless? Revealing her ID to Malcolm during that fight strikes me as stupidity to the Nth degree. Now he's on the hook for whatever she does. She could have just retreated instead and nobody would have been the wiser.

Also going with Jessica Jones on superhero road trips while the identity of the second vigilante is debatable is a bad idea for obvious reasons. It's not like they don't recognize her or anything.

I love the bit of Jessica going back for the hand sanitizer. Who wants to risk e coli?

I found the stuff of Jessica digging up the body quite moving. I think it was the first effective thing in the season.

But the episode was merely good, not great. ***1/2.

Jessica Jones "A.K.A Camera Friendly"

They focused an awful lot on Costa and his happy home life. So much so that I was worried he was going to be the victim. Genius red herring from the show there. Because while he is not on Jessica's radar as being in danger, as far as anyone familiar with genre is, he leads a doomed life.

I'm glad that in the episode Dorothy died we at least got a moment where she claims that train-wreck of an interview went as well as planned. That's a hilariously spin-doctored take which is so funny because it's probably part-true. I'm glad she made me laugh one last time.

As the Netflixverse heads to an end, it is clear Jeri Hogarth has bet on the wrong horse. Jessica was right about her all along.

Really great episode. ****1/2.

Jessica Jones "A.K.A I Did Something Today"

Things are getting more and more complicated. And I said it before but I'll say it again: If I knew prison would be deadly for me like it is for Erik, I'd be more and more certain not to break any laws.

My favorite moment was Jessica asking how her aura was after it went down and him telling her she was still her. Good to know.

I'm with Kith. The truth doesn't sound any better coming out of Hogarth's mouth. It's amazing she thought that confession made her look good. The whole "I wasn't ready to meet my soulmate!" thing is laughable too. As if Kith is obligated to live her life under Hogarth's timetable and not her own. There isn't an inch of Jeri Hogarth that isn't totally selfish.

As for Malcolm, he sort of briefly got back into my good graces when Jeri threatens Zaya's career, and he's like "Oh, well." I think all things considered, he's a terrible boyfriend and doesn't deserves her. But the truth is she has been complicit in Jeri's plan to protect Sallinger to rehabilitate her tattered reputation. Malcolm even tried to warn her against that doing a couple of times. But Zaya knew Hogarth was the Scorpion when she rode her across the stream. That's not Malcolm's problem.

This was a good one. The season is getting better as it goes along. ****.

Jessica Jones "A.K.A Hero Pants"

Nice way for Trish to pay Jessica back for the sacrifice she made for her. She sucks.

I love the idea that Dorothy was popular. It makes sense. She was full of b.s. but she also very gregarious.

Honestly? I didn't like that. **.

Jessica Jones "A.K.A Hellcat"

Trish is a full-on psycho.

And if they wanted me to feel sorry for Dorothy being dead, they picked the wrong episode to do a flashback.

Still, it's interesting to see a large portion of the season from the point of view of a different character. It makes you reevaluate things. That's neat.

But Trish sucks. *1/2.

Jessica Jones "A.K.A A Lotta Worms"

That was good but I can't help feeling that if Trish weren't such a lunatic the season could have ended here.

I loved Jessica's plan to take down Sallinger. It worked, it was easy, and it cleaned up the entire mess. Which of course Trish ruins.

Do you know what bothers me about the debate over whether or not Jessica is a superhero? Almost no successful moves Jessica have made against Sallinger have been done with her superpowers. Just rattling him in the wrestling match. Everything else has been her using her wits and the legal system against him. I don't think there even needs to be a debate over whether or not Jessica is a hero, super or otherwise. She does quite a lot of good even when working outside of that specific definition. She has value either way. And if the show were smart it would have brought that up itself. The show is however invested in torpid superhero navel-gazing instead of having characters state the obvious. If Jessica feels good about her actions, there is less drama for the show. I have always believed "More drama" is not a synonym for "Good drama" but nobody told this show. This is a problem that effects all television however, and in particular genre, and superhero genre especially. I don't have to pretend it's acceptable though.

I thought a lot of Erik for being willing to go through that much pain to prove a point to Trish. That was as heroic as he always wanted to be.

That was still good but Trish really annoys me. And I wish the show would let Jessica be Jessica without all of controversy attached to her quite reasonable actions. ***1/2.

Jessica Jones "A.K.A Everything"

I think that the season as a whole was a failure, but the last episode was excellent, and did everything right. It gave me everything I wanted for the characters. All of them wound up where I wanted them to be. I don't know if narcissism is a good reason to give a positive review, but I was like, "Get out of my head."

Let's start with Trish in prison. I was leery of Trish's actions all season because I had it in my head that the series was going to wimp out and not make it her fault, or at least make her going to prison seem unfair and as if she had a good reason in her own mind at least for her actions. In a show that treats Jessica's actions as routinely debatable, I fully expected the same courtesy extended to her psychopath of a sister. I have rarely been more happy to be wrong when watching a TV show. The journey to get here may have sucked, but here actually doesn't. When she realizes aloud "I'm the bad guy," I was like "Thank you!" to both the show and the character. I like they let her own it and understand she was wrong. And she doesn't get the unrealistic opportunity to redeem herself.

Do you know who I feel is Trish's ultimate victim? Like all of Trish's victims, she sort of had it coming, but I really wish we had scene the fall-out from Trish's private life for being outed as a murderer. Because Trish's last victtim was ultimately Dorothy, and the legacy she spent a lifetime building through often underhanded means. To put it mildly, Trish just Destroyed The Brand. I am very curious what happened to the Home Shopping Show she was doing, and what fall-out was attached to the producers and the co-host of the show who egged her on. Will the network be facing lawsuits from Trish's victims? Is the FCC going to pull the plug? Did everyone on that show, from producers to make-up artists, just lose their jobs? The one thing I didn't like about the episode is that Trish didn't just destroy the lives of bad guys. She destroyed it for every single person who believed in her, and hired her to project an image of trustworthiness to consumers. And that's the thing that bothers me most about Trish. She hurts people who didn't deserved it just by being famous.

I have to say I was scowling through most of the episode with Kith and Hogarth until they gave Hogarth the just and ultimately underwhelming desserts she deserved. "I don't want to die alone." "Too bad. You're going to." It takes a lot of chutzpah to have a show plan a potential redemption arc for a character over the course of several series and then just have the character completely botch it up by the end. And instead of rewarding the bad behavior, she's properly punished in the way that matters to her and the audience. There are various points I believed Jeri deserved to go to prison. This is a prison of her own making, and it could not feel more right and just to me. That's exactly where that character should be.

Malcolm's place is as the guy I no longer care about, and he is still fitting that role admirably.

As for Erik, I love that upon Jessica saying she doesn't trust him, he doesn't give her a hurt a look, and act like a traditional loser being dumped. He doesn't sulk off. He says "The superhero in my life doesn't trust me." Then he gives her a million watt smile and says, "I'm going to have to do something about that." And so Jessica hooks him up tp Costa, who also is right back to where he needs to be, so that they can both do some real good.

Luke Cage's cancelation was the worst of the Netflix shows for me because I hated the place they left the character on. I mean I was beyond P.O.ed. And without retconning that questionable ending for that show, we get an update which unclenches a bit of the knot in my stomach anyways. He doesn't strike me as doing great, but he's better off than I feared. It was beyond professional and cool towards Mike Colter to invite him back for the last episode of the show, not only for wrap-up between him and Jessica, but also for the audience and his own unsatisfying TV show's end. I appreciated that.

Biggest beef of the season is no role for Turk Barrett!!! Are they freaking kidding me? My Marvel Netflix Constant being completely absent from the last Netflix season ever?! It's an outrage! An outrage I tells you!

As for Jessica, the tiny nagging voice of Kilgrave is the thing that gives her second doubts about retiring. I love that. Like Colter, David Tennant deserved to be in the last episode, even if only in a voice-over cameo. And unlike Colter, it was a surprise ahead of time, which was cool.

I did not like the season. But I liked the heck out of the last episode. *****.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
I thought it was a near perfect season, a full circle conclusion to the series, and a fitting end for the Netflix era of series. The detective noir theme played really well with the bar meeting of a client, Erik, who randomly got mixed up with a bigger threat, a serial killer, Sallinger, the use of bad choices affecting everyone, the themes of the hero becoming the villain, darkness infects from within and out or from out to within.

The writing was on the wall with this was Trish's journey and end. The flashbacks in "Hellcat" perfectly clinched it without hitting us over the head with the revelation. A life built on deceit, manipulation, and self-righteousness would always end with an utter collapse. But I did appreciate the time spent in episodes with different characters arguing her flimsy ideology or the scene of her realizing Jessica was right and she did become the bad guy.

I was relieved Hogarth didn't get what she wanted given all the horrible and toxic choices she made with the last of her time. I guess it is fitting she will be alone in a prison of her own design and soon, a biological prison.

Like Whizzer last season, the use and re-jiggering of this version of Mind-Wave fit the world of Jessica Jones very well. There were some deep cuts, too, like the Willie Dance Community Center where Sallinger volunteered at was a nod to a obscure 70s one appearance Luke Cage character. As was Sid Franken from the New York Bulletin who tried to call Hogarth for comment, a one appearance 90s Captain America character who actually worked for the Daily Bugle in the comics.

Loved all the MCU touchstones like the Raft, of course, but also GT Agrochemicals from AOS Season 3 as a place where Sallinger misdirected Jessica and Trish to. And the small line confirming Danny is still off in the world post-Iron Fist season 2.

I really loved the guest appearance from Luke at the start of the finale and tying Jessica's dilemma together with him talking about Willis. And keeping their friendship intact. Even Luke acknowledging they should keep each other in check. It was a beautiful scene and I'm happy they were able to fit Mike Colter in for one last scene because I disliked the choice at the end of LC season 2. This was a much more satisfying wrap up for Luke.

I thought she was going to had Alias over to Erik for his shot at redemption but teaming him up with Detective Costa was appropriate. Well, giving it to Malcolm makes sense I suppose because he was yearning to make up for the terrible things he did for Hogarth. But. I didn't really like there weren't much ramifications for his morally gray choices other than being fired and getting a shiner from a pimp. Nothing came much of him cheating on and lying to Zaya either other than the obvious break up.

Kilgrave was another welcome surprise appearance. Loved the symmetry of "him" convincing her it wasn't time. Loved that it ended on the statement that a hero never gives up.

Fone Bone

Hindsight 2020!
I thought it was a near perfect season, a full circle conclusion to the series, and a fitting end for the Netflix era of series. The detective noir theme played really well with the bar meeting of a client, Erik, who randomly got mixed up with a bigger threat, a serial killer, Sallinger, the use of bad choices affecting everyone, the themes of the hero becoming the villain, darkness infects from within and out or from out to within.

The writing was on the wall with this was Trish's journey and end. The flashbacks in "Hellcat" perfectly clinched it without hitting us over the head with the revelation. A life built on deceit, manipulation, and self-righteousness would always end with an utter collapse. But I did appreciate the time spent in episodes with different characters arguing her flimsy ideology or the scene of her realizing Jessica was right and she did become the bad guy.

I was relieved Hogarth didn't get what she wanted given all the horrible and toxic choices she made with the last of her time. I guess it is fitting she will be alone in a prison of her own design and soon, a biological prison.

Like Whizzer last season, the use and re-jiggering of this version of Mind-Wave fit the world of Jessica Jones very well. There were some deep cuts, too, like the Willie Dance Community Center where Sallinger volunteered at was a nod to a obscure 70s one appearance Luke Cage character. As was Sid Franken from the New York Bulletin who tried to call Hogarth for comment, a one appearance 90s Captain America character who actually worked for the Daily Bugle in the comics.

Loved all the MCU touchstones like the Raft, of course, but also GT Agrochemicals from AOS Season 3 as a place where Sallinger misdirected Jessica and Trish to. And the small line confirming Danny is still off in the world post-Iron Fist season 2.

I really loved the guest appearance from Luke at the start of the finale and tying Jessica's dilemma together with him talking about Willis. And keeping their friendship intact. Even Luke acknowledging they should keep each other in check. It was a beautiful scene and I'm happy they were able to fit Mike Colter in for one last scene because I disliked the choice at the end of LC season 2. This was a much more satisfying wrap up for Luke.

I thought she was going to had Alias over to Erik for his shot at redemption but teaming him up with Detective Costa was appropriate. Well, giving it to Malcolm makes sense I suppose because he was yearning to make up for the terrible things he did for Hogarth. But. I didn't really like there weren't much ramifications for his morally gray choices other than being fired and getting a shiner from a pimp. Nothing came much of him cheating on and lying to Zaya either other than the obvious break up.

Kilgrave was another welcome surprise appearance. Loved the symmetry of "him" convincing her it wasn't time. Loved that it ended on the statement that a hero never gives up.
All caught up now? I loved the season too and I loved how the series ultimately punished both Trish and Hogarth for their sins instead of redeeming them like a worse show would have done. That took guts and conviction. And I'm glad. They both suck.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
All caught up now? I loved the season too and I loved how the series ultimately punished both Trish and Hogarth for their sins instead of redeeming them like a worse show would have done. That took guts and conviction. And I'm glad. They both suck.
Yup, all caught up finally, ha ha. Me, too. I'm glad they didn't try to redeem everyone and do a happy ending. That's not what this show is about. I'm also glad they didn't do the other cliche, and kill off a bunch of characters pointlessly. So happy Costa, for example survived, and is back to active duty. Much better than those two terrible biased cops that spent their time trying to pin the murder on Jessica.

Fone Bone

Hindsight 2020!
Yup, all caught up finally, ha ha. Me, too. I'm glad they didn't try to redeem everyone and do a happy ending. That's not what this show is about. I'm also glad they didn't do the other cliche, and kill off a bunch of characters pointlessly. So happy Costa, for example survived, and is back to active duty. Much better than those two terrible biased cops that spent their time trying to pin the murder on Jessica.
I was actually perfectly happy with that ending. Because it's exactly what Hogarth and Trish deserved. I was personally all smiles by the end of that. What a fitting punishment for the both of them.

Reactions: Yojimbo

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Going to change my avatar for the whole of October. Milo the Merman is back!
@RandomMe Aw, you beat me to the punch with The Flintstones' 60th anniversary (I was also going to say it's been 1 year since MeTV started airing it). Ah well.

Though, I should note The Jetsons started in 1962, so it's two years for them.
Mac Davis, Helen Reddy, AND Tower of Power bassist Rocco Prestia? Yikes.
Well,this is it people. Today is the day that Disney Channel UK closes after its 25 year brodcast. Well this sucks.
R..I.P Disney Channel UK 1995-2020
I hope it gets final mesage,so it can go with the bang
Edit: Ok,guys im really sorry for scaring you,i was talking about the closure of the UK version of DC,not the US one.
Silly me...
sooooooo....

anyone use Quibi or even care about it?

honestly for me i don't think making a streaming service for short form series (5-10 minutes) would work