"Jellystone!" (HBO Max) News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Mr. Horse

insert clever caption here
Those character designs aren't half bad! And it's nice to see they're not forgetting some of the lesser-known characters in the H-B stable. Sound design wise, I hope whatever post service utilized (probably Advantage Audio) make extensive use of the H-B library. The effects they created for The Fairly OddParents just wouldn't fit (imagine hearing that little magical pop sound heard oh-so-frequently there in this!).

hobbyfan

Not really digging the overtly modernized designs. The new Looney Tunes designs strike the perfect balance of being modern while still respectful to the originals. This just feels like a run-of-the-mill Cartoon Network original.

I would have liked to have seem something more akin to the Quicken Loans ad.

Not digging the designs, either. Seems Mr. Greenblatt and the animators should look back at the push-back at Be Cool, Scooby-Doo, since some of the designs, such as Magilla & Cavey, for example, look like more of the same.

wiley207

Those character designs aren't half bad! And it's nice to see they're not forgetting some of the lesser-known characters in the H-B stable. Sound design wise, I hope whatever post service utilized (probably Advantage Audio) make extensive use of the H-B library. The effects they created for The Fairly OddParents just wouldn't fit (imagine hearing that little magical pop sound heard oh-so-frequently there in this!).

Yeah, if Advantage Audio does sound design they could have Shaun Cunningham, the sound editor for "Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?", do the sound effects, as he uses the H-B sounds a LOT in "Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?" But then again that's to add to the retro feel in addition to the art style and animation, as it's an intentional throwback to "The New Scooby-Doo Movies" from 1972-73. But yeah, the sounds created for "The Fairly Oddparents" would not fit with H-B characters (I am surprised that show never used any of H-B's poof sound effects for any of their magic work; they even had a baby fairy named Poof, for Pete's sake!) Or if they go with Warner Bros. Sound, maybe whoever is doing the sound design for "Looney Tunes Cartoons" could pull it off, given the H-B sound effects used in that series.

Vuxovich

I wonder what the voice cast will be like for this.

The classic Hanna-Barbera VA's have been used so sporadically that I'm not sure if they have any "official" VA's anymore.

This is my prediction:

Yogi Bear: Maurice LaMarche
Boo Boo Bear: Eric Bauza
Huckleberry Hound/Snagglepuss: Jeff Bergman
Quick Draw McGraw: Robin Atkin Downes
Augie Doggie/Benny the Ball/Peter Potamus: Chris Edgerly
Doggie Daddy/Squiddly Diddly: Sean Schemmel
Top Cat/Paw Rugg: Tom Kenny
Captain Caveman: Jim Cummings
Jabberjaw: Frank Welker
Magilla Gorilla: Tyler Labine of Voltron Force fame
Yakky Doodle: Laura Bailey
Pixie: Greg Cipes a.k.a. Beast Boy
Dixie: Brandon Soo Hoo (another Beast Boy)
Mr. Jinks: Mark Hildreth
So-So Monkey: Rahul Kohli
Touché Turtle: Damian O'Hare
Mildew Wolf: Richard David-Caine

How about Robin Atkin Downes as Quick Draw McGraw, Sean Schemmel as Doggie Daddy and Squiddly Diddly, Tyler Labine as Magilla Gorilla, Laura Bailey as Yakky Doodle, Greg Cipes as Pixie, Brandon Soo Hoo as Dixie, Mark Hildreth as Mr. Jinx, Rahul Kohli as So-So Monkey, Damian O'Hare as Touché Turtle and Richard David-Caine as Mildew Wolf?

wiley207

I wouldn't be surprised if Tom Kenny voices Snagglepuss, since he has also voiced the Funky Phantom a couple of times (in "Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated" and "Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?") and had the voice down pat, and Daws Butler basically reused his Snagglepuss voice for the Funky Phantom.
I'm also pretty sure Frank Welker will reprise Jabberjaw, but I also wouldn't be surprised if Eric Bauza, J.P.Karliak and Jeff Bergman take on a good chunk of the roles, since WBA tends to go with them for voicing legacy characters.

ToonDude03

“Heavens to Murgatroyd!”
Here's my idea for what the Jellystone Voice Cast should be

Jeff Bergman as Yogi Bear

Billy West as Huckleberry Hound, Touche Turtle, Paw Rugg

Eric Bauza as Boo Boo Bear, Pixie, Dixie, Mr. Jinks, Captain Caveman, Ruff, So-So, Squiddly Diddly, Mildew Wolf

Jim Cummings as Quick Draw McGraw

Chris Edgerly as Augie Doggie, Peter Potamus, Benny the Ball

Maurice LaMarche as Doggy Daddy

Frank Welker as Magilla Gorilla, Yakky Doodle, Jabberjaw

Tom Kenny as Snagglepuss, Top Cat

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

This article says that Jeff Bergman is voicing Yogi Bear (which wouldn't be the only time he voiced him).

CH Greenblatt said on tumblr that the episodes are 11 minutes.

Last edited:

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image

This article says that Jeff Bergman is voicing Yogi Bear (which wouldn't be the only time he voiced him).

CH Greenblatt said on tumblr that the episodes are 11 minutes.

Well, that's great to hear.

wiley207

I heard that Mercury Filmworks is involved, presumably with the animation production. This would be good, because Mercury Filmworks does excellent work with Paul Rudish's Mickey Mouse stuff (seriously, it's some of the best Flash-based animation I've ever seen!)

cheril59

I heard that Mercury Filmworks is involved, presumably with the animation production. This would be good, because Mercury Filmworks does excellent work with Paul Rudish's Mickey Mouse stuff (seriously, it's some of the best Flash-based animation I've ever seen!)
Seriously? I was also expecting Yeson, Digital eMation, or Hong Ying.

powerjake

Banned
I've heard a rumor they are reimagining Jabberjaw to be a female character in Jellystone, is that true?.

powerjake

Banned
It could be because of how Jabberjaw was going to appear SCOOB, and be female.

Why would they just reimagine male characters from the classic cartoons and make them female?.

Hanna Barbera has a large number of characters they can choose from in the variety of cartoons.

439710.jpg

This second picture is a mixed bag but I had no choice to use it.

ae8ba8dc2a7b7e66177af8ad118cb105.jpg

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts