Jeannie and Partridge Family 2200 A.D. on Crackle.

Mandouga

I had known about these shows for a while. For Jeannie, you might have seen Jeannie, Babu, Corey, and Henry on that one episode of The New Scooby-Doo Movies, and anyone who’s (also) seen Laff-A-Lympics will know about Babu (one of the Scooby-Doobies), but now Crackle is offering the show they originally came from, along with the animated Partridge Family series that was originally going to be a new Jetsons series. You may or may not have already guessed, but even though these shows were made by Hanna-Barbera, they aren’t in the Hanna-Barbera library since they’re connected to the sitcoms I Dream of Jeannie and of course The Partridge Family, which means that Sony owns them.

So, here’s hoping they add at least two other shows that are owned by Sony: “Dinosaucers” (which was made by DIC, but distributed by Columbia Pictures TV), and the Q*Bert segments from Saturday Supercade (Columbia Pictures owned Gottlieb at the time, which means Sony owns it). Oh yeah, I should mention that Dinosaucers was on Amazon Video for a while, but was taken down. Also, if they add Q*Bert, I hope it would include the segments that are missing from the DVD release…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
That's pretty interesting. I've seen very little from either show. I watched a lot of Laff A Olympics when I was really young and knew Babu from there. I kind of thought he was original to that show until years later when I saw the New Scooby-Doo Movies episode that was a crossover with Jeannie and I was really surprised.

I didn't think of Sony having DinoSaucers. I thought of the show recently when I was discussing Michael Uslan producing it with a buddy. I was watching that show at just the right time in the early 90s when my little brain was dinosaur obsessed and there was so much media to accommodate it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Zorak Masaki

Who owns the rights to the Mork and Mindy cartoon? Worth watching to see Robin Williams' first gig as a voice actor.

Mandouga

You kind of answered your own question, TBH. That would be CBS Media Ventures, just like the main live-action series (it falls under “Paramount Television”); same thing with Fonz and the Happy Days Gang, and Laverne and Shirley: The Animated Series (AKA: Laverne and Shirley in the Army), along with the animated Little Rascals series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Then something bad is intensifying!
Asa
Peanuts creator Charles Schultz would've turned 99 years old today.
Lost of Christmas stuff on tonight Frosty and Frosty Returns is on CBS tonight, it's always on the night after Thanksgiving, so is Grandma Got Runover by a Reindeer on The CW, and NBC has the Original Grinch, ABC has Santa Claus is Comin' to town (though if you prefer to watch this one un edited Freeform is the better place to watch it )
Nick@nite finally got new Christmas brand just today started 6am!

Featured Posts