January 2016 Premieres

kanc

@LegoFan224 The Hollywood Reporter mentioned January 2016 when they broke the news - http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/nickelodeon-orders-loud-house-series-709404

According to Zap2it, Nick will be airing 5 new episodes of Miraculous in January:

S01, E09 Rogercop 1/31/2016
S01, E08 The Evillustrator 1/24/2016
S01, E07 Lady Wifi 1/17/2016
S01, E06 The Pharaoh 1/10/2016
S01, E05 Copycat 1/03/2016
That news article hollywood reporter was taken from Jun 2014 when they said Loud House was supposed to premiere in January 2016. But there could be a delay which will have to air in spring.

I thought there was supposed to be new SpongeBob, shouldn't it?
https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/671030289003503616

NewtChallenger

Approaches
Spongebob isn't back until FOP airs some or all episodes in its season. Officially confirmed by a more recent Twitter update. (Getting you guys introduced to the concept of date changes and release dates not being set in stone until the network confirms it themselves).

Hopefully Rabbids makes a new block with TMNT, since Rabbid Valentine was pulled it'd be fitting for half hours to air weekly and that one to air Sunday February 14th with its partner episodes.

Now back to the "pressing" issue. How completely baffling that an article from a year and a half ago might have outdated information about a premiere month! Get it together guys, this is Nick. They'd never plan that far ahead successfully.

I hope Legends of Awesomeness returns for a burn off and that Harvey Beaks will close out Season 1. Other than that I'm apathetic on what else is added to this schedule, Loud House included.

kanc

I hope Legends of Awesomeness returns for a burn off and that Harvey Beaks will close out Season 1. Other than that I'm apathetic on what else is added to this schedule, Loud House included.
Yeah I saw Kung Fu Panda 3 movie coming late January 2016, and hoping Nick or Nicktoons could air 10 remaining episodes. And as for Rabbids, I saw merchandise of McDonalds toy of Rabbids. Maybe that's why Nick is airing new episodes of Rabbids in January

kanc

So the schedule hasn't been finished yet?
TheFutonCritic has STILL not updated all January month schedule. Once it does update, I will update the listings in this thread.

And BTW, Make It Pop season 2 premiere is already on nick.com, probably about one week before it will air on January 4

kanc

Season 7 Winx Club will begin to air every Sundays 10AM hour starting Jan 10 on Nick Jr.

Based on promo, Rufus movie will air Mon Jan 18, but time is unknown though we are hinting to be 7PM. Maybe after the movie is over, Halo Effect could air, but unknown whether it would be 8:30PM or 9PM, depending on how long the movie is.

Last edited:

NewtChallenger

Approaches
Game Changers, 100 Things To Do, and NRDD will all completely finish out their seasons by the Saturday before KCA's. Then Nick can promote the next set of Saturday night programming and sneak preview something, whether it be School of Rock or Loud House or something unexpected.

It's safe to say with the FOP S10 premiere that Nick's Animated Fridays will continue even if we don't have full information just yet for January's Friday primetime, however not a peep has been heard about That Feeling Wednesdays. Which would likely contain more Bella and the Bulldogs, Thundermans, and would be the only place to put School of Rock right now if it sticks for a January premiere date. If Thundermans Season 3 has 24 episodes and Bella has another order of 20, it and Bella line up perfectly in episode count for the remainder of their seasons. If School of Rock is being saved for Saturdays after KCA's (which would make sense for it to air with Henry Danger and maybe Max and Shred or Dunes Club) then I can see Bella/Thundermans waiting a little while before going on a 12 week block run. After all, January has plenty for the moment and that programming block can be pick back up at any time with no hassle.

Paradise Run looks to be a daily game show, so just another program Nick can air every day on weekdays to fill up February. I'm sure we'll see lots of Nick's developing projects turn out to be daily burn off series or else they will risk imploding the consistent blocks they're forming.

TMNT is still a series that will need breaks, but I think it getting through half of its season by Spring would be smart. My main hope is Rabbid consistently getting through the last 13 episodes of Season 2. We'll see if it goes on another hiatus or straight into Season 3 after that. Or back to Nicktoons. (Kung Fu Panda's probably sole hope for ending around the time of its movie is Nicktoons. For once Nick has enough on its plate to slightly justify pushing something to the side, since Make It Pop is already a daily burn that needs all the advertising.)

Unsure on if WITS Academy was renewed, but at some point in 2016 it'd just have another month long event or two. Despite me saying up above that Max and Shred is a Saturday contender, it also has the markings of being its own month long event since Nick did it with Max and Shred previously.

I'm impressed with Nick's current premiere juggling technique. Hopefully they can keep this convoluted tower from crashing down all year. If they do they'll be ahead of Disney, which has a drying well of content even if it is making larger episode orders. CN still has the edge in quality, but Nick's diversity is getting up there with Cartoon Network.

kanc

Game Changers, 100 Things To Do, and NRDD will all completely finish out their seasons by the Saturday before KCA's.
It's Game Shakers, not Game Changers. Game Changers was actually NickSports.

And also wondering what happened to sanjay and craig, pig goat banana cricket, harvey beaks and breadwinners? Will they resume with new episodes on friday or saturday morning? Surely these past few months suffered major low ratings

Aparent

Game Changers, 100 Things To Do, and NRDD will all completely finish out their seasons by the Saturday before KCA's. Then Nick can promote the next set of Saturday night programming and sneak preview something, whether it be School of Rock or Loud House or something unexpected.

It's safe to say with the FOP S10 premiere that Nick's Animated Fridays will continue even if we don't have full information just yet for January's Friday primetime, however not a peep has been heard about That Feeling Wednesdays. Which would likely contain more Bella and the Bulldogs, Thundermans, and would be the only place to put School of Rock right now if it sticks for a January premiere date. If Thundermans Season 3 has 24 episodes and Bella has another order of 20, it and Bella line up perfectly in episode count for the remainder of their seasons. If School of Rock is being saved for Saturdays after KCA's (which would make sense for it to air with Henry Danger and maybe Max and Shred or Dunes Club) then I can see Bella/Thundermans waiting a little while before going on a 12 week block run. After all, January has plenty for the moment and that programming block can be pick back up at any time with no hassle.

Paradise Run looks to be a daily game show, so just another program Nick can air every day on weekdays to fill up February. I'm sure we'll see lots of Nick's developing projects turn out to be daily burn off series or else they will risk imploding the consistent blocks they're forming.

TMNT is still a series that will need breaks, but I think it getting through half of its season by Spring would be smart. My main hope is Rabbid consistently getting through the last 13 episodes of Season 2. We'll see if it goes on another hiatus or straight into Season 3 after that. Or back to Nicktoons. (Kung Fu Panda's probably sole hope for ending around the time of its movie is Nicktoons. For once Nick has enough on its plate to slightly justify pushing something to the side, since Make It Pop is already a daily burn that needs all the advertising.)

Unsure on if WITS Academy was renewed, but at some point in 2016 it'd just have another month long event or two. Despite me saying up above that Max and Shred is a Saturday contender, it also has the markings of being its own month long event since Nick did it with Max and Shred previously.

I'm impressed with Nick's current premiere juggling technique. Hopefully they can keep this convoluted tower from crashing down all year. If they do they'll be ahead of Disney, which has a drying well of content even if it is making larger episode orders. CN still has the edge in quality, but Nick's diversity is getting up there with Cartoon Network.
Game Shakers will still have 7 episodes left in its season after March 5.

Lord Hater

Retired
And also wondering what happened to sanjay and craig, pig goat banana cricket, harvey beaks and breadwinners? Will they resume with new episodes on friday or saturday morning? Surely these past few months suffered major low ratings
I wonder if Nick will cancel those shows and deport them to Nicktoons like they did with KFP, TF, R&M, and POM when they got low ratings in 2012.

kanc

I kind of find it amusing that none of Nick's current live action shows have been renewed for another season at this point.
Maybe Nick is currently going through cleaning up network? Idk. But other than that we should wait for upfront 2016 and confirm where this current live action is going..

NewtChallenger

Approaches
*Shakers. It was very late gentlemen. Game Shakers had a 26 episode order? Well then it would have 6 episodes left and likely get replaced by Dunes Club.

When are the CN, Disney, and Nick Upfronts for 2016?

Lord Hater

Retired
Fri 15 Jan - 8:00 pm - Harvey Beaks "Junior Squealers"
Fri 15 Jan - 8:15 pm - Sanjay and Craig "And Justice for Durdle"
Fri 15 Jan - 8:30 pm - Pig Goat Banana Cricket "Mall Ya Later"

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts