James Marsters just announced he will be joining the cast of Angel next season.

Anime_girl

James Marsters just announced he joining the cast of Angel If there a other Season..

Another Souled Vampire for ANGEL
Posted on Tuesday, April 01 @ 08:33:34 EST by Ajax (420 reads)

Several sites, including E! Online and Spoiler Slayer, are reporting that James Marsters of BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER has been saying that he's moving to ANGEL after the end of BTVS. E! Online's Watch With Kristin said, "I asked James if he would go to Angel next season, and he said, with a huge grin, 'Yes, I think I am. Definitely, we don't know, but it is being talked about.'" Of course, for this to happen, ANGEL has to get renewed first by the WB. However, Frog personnel have said they're open to a return of BUFFY actors. Use your own imaginations as to what this means for the resolution of BUFFY.

If this is true and spike join angel(if angel have a other season)Would you go for it or not?

Last edited by a moderator:

Failure

Entertainment Mod
Hmm, I think it would be a very interesting dynamic bringing Spike in. One thing I really loved about Buffy season 3 was the Spike/Angel relationship when Spike was injured. It could be really interesting. That said, I can see it being a very strong storyline, but I don't know if it'd be that great for him to join as a regular. I think the AI lineup is getting pretty crowded as it is, and I'm not sure another character is what they need.

Chibi Kageboshi

The Sessy Bizatch
Im curious to see what the Angel cast will look like next year. Spike would be great but its going to be weird having 2 vampires with souls... imagine if they both lost theri souls... yikes. i dont think the whole buffy will interfere though because its obvious Angel has moved on and now love Cordy. I think they need a powerful girl... to many guys aint a good thing. Cordy and Fred arent very strong....

Robin2099

Hmm well I always thought that Spike should have his own series, but this is an interesting idea, and could make a very good storyline, Overall, I'm for it. I wouldn't even mind seeing Xander, and potentially even Dawn and Willow join either.

Chibi Kageboshi

The Sessy Bizatch
Xander - No thanks.
Willow - She is great and i'd like her there but ive been re-thinking cuz she is so powerful.
Dawn - I would actualy like to see her character develpoe and get some sort of "power"
Anya - Kill her off

James

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like good news to me - Angel has had an uneven cast for the last three seasons, Spike may just bring some balance to it..

Kakunaa

hmmm, spike on angel. that could be really weird. i have a hard time imagining where he'd fit in, honestly. but it'd be cool to see how it plays out by the end of both seasons and how they would work it in. i'm open to the idea...and willow would be excellent, too...i loved her on the ep a few weeks ago!

JohnCrichton

An astronaut!
Two vampires with souls on the show.... that will be pretty offsetting and phase out Gunn even more unless they do something with his character to power him up some.

At least we know we'll be getting another season of Angel! :D

Salvor

You can't take a picture of it
JohnCrichton said:
At least we know we'll be getting another season of Angel! :D
"Of course, for this to happen, ANGEL has to get renewed first by the WB"

I'm glad this season will probably not be the last we'll see of Spike. He's become such a great character... and it'd be funny if he and Angel became best buddies :D

Now I just wish Willow will make the same move. Again, one awesome character and a terrific actress (and cute too :) )

James

Administrator
Staff member
Salvor said:
Now I just wish Willow will make the same move. Again, one awesome character and a terrific actress (and cute too :) )

And which order do those attributes carry your wish to see her in Angel...? I'm guessing 'she's cute' ranks rather high... :)

I'd love to see Gun and Fred dropped for Xander and Anya too.. that would be a great change!

Failure

Entertainment Mod
SJJ said:
And which order do those attributes carry your wish to see her in Angel...? I'm guessing 'she's cute' ranks rather high... :)

I'd love to see Gun and Fred dropped for Xander and Anya too.. that would be a great change!

Shoot, if they were to do all this, we might as well change the name to the "Almost-Buffy Show" :p

Chibi Kageboshi

The Sessy Bizatch
I'd love to see Gun and Fred dropped for Xander and Anya too

I wouldnt mind seeing Fred and Gun leave ether.... they really bring nothing to the show, although im a big fan of Fred. But at the same time if they are replaced i wouldnt want Xander and Anya to be the ones to replace them because they are useless too.... not to mention the actress who plays Anya already stated she wont be returning in any form or shape as Anya.

JohnCrichton

An astronaut!
Ugh... I definately wouldn't want Gunn and Fred replaced by the even more useless Xander and Anya.

This isn't even a whole, "Angel's better than Buffy" thing. I utterly hate what happened to Xander. He used to be the voice of the everyman and easily my favorite character on there. Now he's just a chunky looking paper weight who fixes stuff. This Xander is not the one I remember and loved pre-college. Anya... enough with her complaining.

Gunn may be chop liver compared to the rest of the super powered homies of Angel, but at least he's still in the fight trying to carry his own weight. Fred runs the magic and research angle so she's very useful.

Lay the cast of Buffy to rest... they've earned it.

I wouldn't be surprised if just to piss me off more they ended up killing off Xander in the end. :p

Lunacat

Fallen Angel
Well, if there was any Buffy character I'd like to be on Angel, it'd definately be Spike. Sure, then there would be two vampires with souls on the show but they are complete opposites and it wouldn't seem repetitive or anything. I'm also curious to see what kind of character dynamic they have together, afterall they've been through a lot since they last saw each other.

Only problem...now the chances of a Spike spin-off aren't looking too good. :(

Eldermount

Goof ball
Wasn't the prophecy from season 1 "The vampire with a soul shall live again" or something to that effect? With the twists that Whedon puts into the stories, I think that it's possible that it ends up being Spike that is the vampire the prophecy is talking about.

James

Administrator
Staff member
Ooo, Xander and Anya backlash! I still like them - far more than Gunn or Fred who I've never enjoyed. I agree that it is lazy to simply bring in old cast of Buffy, but I still enjoy Xander - and I think Anya is very well acted.

Obviously if Emma doesn't want to come back that kills that but I would prefer something to replace Fred and Gun - even a small set of knives and forks would be preferable to those two.

Failure

Entertainment Mod
I'm gonna have to ditto JC's sentiments. What the heck happened to Xander!?!? His utter sucking of character was something that I noticed in full in season 6. Would season 1-3 Xander be a good fit on Angel? Maybe. That Xander was cool, but I still don't think he'd be a good fit. As far as Anya, I liked her at first, her transition from demon to human was amusing for a while, but eventually she just became bleh, nearly one dimensional. Everytime she was going to say something, you knew it was going to be stupid and for comic effect.

All-Star 1.5

SJJ said:
Ooo, Xander and Anya backlash! I still like them - far more than Gunn or Fred who I've never enjoyed. I agree that it is lazy to simply bring in old cast of Buffy, but I still enjoy Xander - and I think Anya is very well acted.

Obviously if Emma doesn't want to come back that kills that but I would prefer something to replace Fred and Gun - even a small set of knives and forks would be preferable to those two.

Actually the actor that plays Xander dosen't want to go to Angel unless he has something to offer. So I don't think that he'll join.

As of late Gunn has offered nothing to plate since midway season 3 to just recently but I still liked him very much in Players so maybe he still does offer something to the cast we will just have to wait and see.

As far there being to Souled vamps on the show well Angel might Shanshu this season.

I mean the prophecy did say the vampire that defeated the Darkness,battled a few fiends that had been unleashed upon the world and stopped the end of the world would become human right???

Well he did bring the sun back to L.A which did defeat the darkness.

He has battled many fiends unleashed upon the world all of S1 villians, Wolfram & Hart, Darla,Dru,Steven(Connor),Holtz,The Beast and now this new girl so maybe he will become human at the end of this season. Who knows????

Chibi Kageboshi

The Sessy Bizatch
Gunn may be chop liver compared to the rest of the super powered homies of Angel, but at least he's still in the fight trying to carry his own weight. Fred runs the magic and research angle so she's very useful.

Gunn isnt very interesting though..... And Lorne and Wesley also do magical research so they have 3 poeple pretty much.

does anyone know is Charisma is staying for next season? every interview i read with her she is saying how it's the end blah blah blah, but then some say how she will takle the break after she gives birth because she's a workaholic or something..... was it just her pregnancy mood swings talking? :p

John6777

Why i am happy?

The only reason i am happy with this is that with Spike and Angel there has to be a return of Drusilla as a villain or a Flashback. IT will be awesome i love Drusilla more then any of them.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts