Jackie Chan Adventures "Invisible Mom" TALKBACK (Spoilers)

Rate it!

• 10 Moms

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 9 Moms

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 Moms

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • 7 Moms

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 6 Moms

• 5 Moms

• 4 Moms

• 3 Moms

• 2 Moms

• 1 Mom

• Total voters

Chad Bonin

a.k.a. Knux Five
Staff member
Reporter
The Drunken Master is back again, but for the last time!?

This is it; Jackie Chan Adventure's tenure on Toonami (as far as we know) is ending with this episode. A ratings anchor for the early part of the block, the show has gotten some fans realizing it's continuity fun, while other saw it as a weak connection to the younger audience of Toonami.

Continuing the search for the animals of the Zodiac, the J-Team is led to India. Chasing down the snake, they run into their greatest threat ever! No, it's not Valmont and the Dark Hand, nor is it Shen Du, or Dao Lon Wong and the... Dark Hand. Tohru's mom is in the house.

Spoilers: If the episode has occured preceding this one, feel free to talk about it. If not, spoiler boxes.

Aquadementia

That's a lot of Mulaney!
Staff member
Maybe someone could enlighten me.
Didn't Tohru change sides to save his mom from the dragon thing?
How'd that happen?

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
Aquadementia said:
Maybe someone could enlighten me.
Didn't Tohru change sides to save his mom from the dragon thing?
How'd that happen?
Tohru was ordered by Valmont to fight Shendu in Season 1. Fed up with the Dark Hand, Tohru decided to change sides and become Uncle's apprentice.

DSRGirl

You know Jackie's dancing around fighting in the beginning with the Dark Hand Enforcers? It's a take off of the "Drunken Master" style of fighting from one of Jackie Chan's old movies. Just in case any of you wanted to know.

PaQ

Believe it!
Hm, for the last episode of JCA on Toonami for while, it was a good one. I'd seen this episode before.
  • I always like the bickering between Uncle and Tohru's mother. Always differing opinions on methods, and that solution at the end probably didn't help things between the two..
  • Interesting episode with the invisible snake. Jackie fighting while poisoned was pretty funny, reminscent of his films, and the goons pretending to have the invisible snake, or when they thought they were invisible was funny.
I give "Invisible Mom" a B+.

raykremer

DSRGirl said:
You know Jackie's dancing around fighting in the beginning with the Dark Hand Enforcers? It's a take off of the "Drunken Master" style of fighting from one of Jackie Chan's old movies. Just in case any of you wanted to know.
I was gonna say that too. I didn't notice it when this episode was first on Kids' WB, but since then I actually got to see Drunken Master and seeing the episode again tonight I recognized it right away. I wonder if the promo that mentions Drunken Master had this episode in mind.

Though I doubt the real effects of a cobra bite resemble intoxication like that. Still, what a fun way to work the reference in.

lostrune

Detective Rachel
raykremer said:
I was gonna say that too. I didn't notice it when this episode was first on Kids' WB, but since then I actually got to see Drunken Master and seeing the episode again tonight I recognized it right away. I wonder if the promo that mentions Drunken Master had this episode in mind.

Probably. Jackie Chan has been popularly associated with it ever since he did the first movie a couple decades ago. :shrug:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to admit, it's been a while since I read a really low-level, lazy clickbait article.
Ezra Bridger is a better Ezra than Ezra Miller. He at least repelled the Empire from his homeworld.
Today is the 25th anniversary of South Park, 18th anniversary of Foster's Home and 15th anniversary of Slacker Cats.

This day is full of anniversaries.
To my friends on the other side of the aisle: Aren't you tired of this? Do you think your cartoonishly ridiculous excuses for this crap sound remotely plausible to sane people? Doesn't defending the indefensible make you feel embarrassed and stupid? When is enough going to be enough? What will it take?
youtube Nickelodeon even uploaded sneak peek clip 6 min of upcoming episode of Young Dylan - The Gift Grift which was supposed to air last Thursday but was pulled at last notice

youtube Nickelodeon above banner STILL reads as That New Thursday Nights.. it may be a matter of time to remove that banner since there's no new episodes of Lay Lay and Dylan this time.

Featured Posts