ITT Aqua Teen Hunger Force - "Supermodel" [6/22]

wrenchien

my, dr wierd is in unusual form tonight.. extended bit with him.

But best is meatwad, as he really rubs into shake with this one as shake gets a new face...

And my goodness, shake really gets a twisted look...

wow, frylock did shave!! nice.

i'll say this is the best yet..

and they're all using 'super' as part of the episode name, right? hmm.

good job. meatwad, in very rare form :)

wrenchien

this, is the best one this season. may be the last, but it's the best.

on a serious note, i am in the lawnmowing biz.. not real good right now due to the heat, but let's just say those who mow lawns don't 'love' their jobs. amen.

still, it was kind of a surprise to see meatwad actually quite calm and collected and actually messing with people's minds.

DianaGohan

It's Assface and The Question of Self Image Aqua Teen Hunger Force "Supermodel" Episode Review.

This had to be one of the most messed up episodes of ATHF yet. It was really funny though. It was espically funny to see it was Meatwad who was torturing Shake this time around, making him feel so bad about himself and making him get all those surgeries by saying how ugly he's getting, then at the end when he said that he was fat and had to throw it all up. Other good parts included the Dr Weird opener (having sex with a lawnmower and having an egg child= genius) Frylock's internet date and his shaving his beard and putting on a fireman outfit to go see her ("no I'm just going to run some errands"), Carl calling his friend Terry (from "Dumber Days") again and having him do the surgey. Is it me, or did the blow up ass face look like the balls on Chin that the Male characters of Family Guy have. I give this episode an A.

EightOh

They're fake
Funny, though a bit creepy, to be honest. I guess that was the point, though. The nose initially reminded me of the original designs they've got on the official website.

Meatwad's turned into a mean little bastard, hasn't he? I guess you can't really blame him, but whoa.

Man, Frylock looked weird without the goatee. That actually freaked me out more than Shake's "alterations." I liked his little side story with the girl he met over the internet.

The Landstander

Thanks ants. Thants.
Good one, up to par with the quality of the ATHFs this "season". Meatwad was excellently out of character here, and was the best of the 3. Carl had some good moments, particularly about getting Shake to go to his Hot Rod/Face Maker. Frylock without a mustache and Shake...becoming...whatever he became was also fairly well done. The highlight for me, however, was the opening with my old internet alias: Dr. Weird. The lawnmower sequence was the hardest I laughed at the whole episode, and brings this up to a B+.

Eh, I don't feel like doing positives/negatives. Maybe after I see it a few more times.

Dogasu

Rubber ducks kill babies?
It was really weird seeing Meatwad being the jackass of this episode, since the only other time we've seen him being mean to Shake is in the "Balloonenstein" episode. I also thought that Frylock's Internet romance thing was funny, especially toward the end when he put on that firefighter outfit. Not the best, but it isn't the worst ("Circus") either.

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
I loved this episode! Meatwad and Shake switching places was awesome! I loved how Meatwad toyed with Shake as much as he did. I do like the whole "missionary in Guatamala" excuse too.

Best Dr. Weird yet, IMO.

Mibbitmaker

potrzebie
Interesting to have a longer Dr. Weird tonight. Twisted w/out being gruesome :cool:

What worked with Meatwad being the head-messer-wither (in more ways than one :D ) was the fact that, with Shake making his life difficult all the time, Meatwad finally had it, and needed to get him oudda there. Then, it was just too much fun to stop.

Actually, when Shake first came back with the chin, I thought it was a pair of (to quote tonight's Quinn in the SL rerun) boobies! Like Shake got the gender identity thing Meatwad mentioned wrong (not his own, but needing the wrong new body part) ...But I got it soon after.

Carl was very funny with his doin's tonight.

And, when Shake got his cast off, he looked like a caricature drawn by Gerald Scarfe!

Good show.

DoubleNeg

Titles Go Here.
I couldn't stop laughing at the bulimic comment by Meatwad at the end, but I'm a twisted individual, In my younger years would taunt ppl in a Pro-Anerixia Yahoo Chat room. But then again, I am twisted. And as we all know twisted is what ATHF is all about. I've seen alot of this lately on ATHF, they love to just twist things and twist them again. I liked it alot.

-DN

Corrado

Another funny ATHF.

Highlights included Meatwad making fun of Shake, and Carl and Terry.

Out of 5 stars, I give it 4 stars.

C

chief

I thought it was kind of weak. C-.

Anyone else wish they had brought back the old style Shake like in that one episode of SGC2C?

Sandoz

Thin Man Fan
Not as good as last week's, but still a pretty funny episode. I didn't like the Dr. Weird segment that much, but the rest of the episode had me rolling. Shake's obssession with plastic surgery (and the Michael Jackson refs: "I had a small procedure done on my nose, so I can breathe better and hit the high notes." "And since when do you sing?"), Frylock's internet girlfriend and shaved goatee, Carl and Terry, and of course, Meatwad torturing Shake. :D I'd give it a B.

Mynd Hed

Holy blue on a popo!
Best. Dr. Wierd. EVER.

(-:

I really liked this episode. I like what they're doing with Frylock, instead of just treating him as the straight man and the only one with a brain in his head a la Quinn from Sealab, they're starting to play around with his character and portray him as a bit of a nerd, what with the Internet relationship this episode and naming his supercomputer in Klingon in the last one. I very much approve.

Shake and Meatwad were in rare form, especially Meatwad's little binging / purging comment-- very sick and twisted. I likes it.

Overall Grade: B+

JDuncan

As said before, the Dr. Weird intro was great. I liked how they messed with the characters, with Meatwad manipulating Shake instead of Vice Versa. Carl was funny as hell, as always. They went to "Terry" again, who supplied the brain in Dumber Days. Great episode, as is the norm for this show.

Useless trivia: Frylock had the same screenname as Jango the Monkey from Sealab 2021.

KarlOlson

Art Imitates Life
Staff member
Reporter
Pretty enjoyable episode. Seeing Meatwad exploit Shake's vanity was pretty good, though admittedly a little dark (especially with the not digestion bit at the end there. twisted, though fitting humor.) Also, using the body shop was pretty good too. Shake should kept that neon on the straw though. The drunk lawnmower bit was also delightfully bizarre.

All in all, a B+ episode. No mooninites, but well played nonetheless.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts