Is Warner Brothers entering another dark age to theaterical animations?

Latest News

Tommypezmaster

Aug 2, 2009
Ratings
14 3
Scottsdale
So Warner is getting a streak lately causing their animated film to not do impressive work at the box office.. Sure The Lego Movie and Lego Batman did well at the box office. However Storks flopped, Lego Ninjago flopped and TTG flopped and I have a feeling Smallfoot will not do well at the box office and might loose to some big action blockbuster that'll release the same week or week before.

So is their gonna be hope for Warner Animation Group outside the Lego franchise or are they gonna take another hiatus before releasing another animated film to theaters?

wonderfly

Shaking things up a bit
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 22, 2002
Ratings
925 16
Springfield, MO
I want to say it seems like we're coming out of a dark age, not entering into a new one. I don't know about whether each of the recent moves from the last few years are true "flops", but surely Warner Bros. is in a much better place now then 10 to 15 years ago when we had "Looney Tunes: Back in Action" in theaters and "Loonatics Unleashed" and "Krypto the Superdog" on TV.

SourSweetGone

Canterlot High Class of 83.
Aug 7, 2018
Ratings
180 3
US
Nope. I'd say the opposite. Teen Titans Go! did well enough to get a Super-Pets movie greenlit. The LEGO movies have been pretty fun so far and Small Foot looks likes it has a lot of potential. Honestly Storks was the only WAG movie I didn't care for. Overall I think they are on the right track. We need more animations studios both big and small to give us more different types of stories and approaches to animation and film in general now more then ever as hollywood becomes more and more cannibalized with big companies like Disney trying to buy-out/hoard everything.

So yea, if WB wants to make animated films again too, let em. Same with the medium/smaller studios as well.

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
Ratings
2,660 28
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
I think WB will be fine, they just need to hurry up and start making films based off classic IP like they’ve been planning for a while. Like that Scooby movie that’s coming out in 2020. I don’t care how the movies perform at the box office, so long as they’re good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk