Is Thundercats Roar the most hated show that CN had ever aired?

5YearsOnEastCoast

Thundercats Roar was released earlier this year. And I noticed some big hatedom for this show. Like a huge hatedom. People are complaining it about it on various social media, it has an abysmal 1.6 IMDB score (so far). Like I know there were shows CN released that people hated like Squirrel Boy, Problem Solverz and Uncle Grandpa, but I don't think they ever had as much as backlash as Thundercats Roar. Heck I think people hated Thundercats Roar more than they did with live actions shows on CN. The only other CN show that is possibly more hated than Thundercats Roar is Teen Titans Go, but that show has a lot more defenders than Thundercats Roar.

So I'm asking, is Thundercats Roar the most hated show that Cartoon Network has aired.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

No. While a lot of people hate it, a lot of people like it as well and defend it as much as they can. Nobody tried to defend CN Real or the Problem Solvers. Even the PPG reboot is more hated than this show is.

hobbyfan

It's too early to tell, really. It's only been on the air a few weeks, and, yes, there are people who don't like the designs, which are nowhere close to how the characters were drawn as recently as 9 years ago. It's like Chumptoon Network is making a conscious decision to drive away older viewers by making the reboots so bowling shoe ugly to look at.

In defense of the Powerpuff Girls' reboot, the basic designs remain the same, but the writing isn't that great.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'd say that TTG is more hated, but it also has been on the air longer. It does have plenty of fans and defenders now, but it's still a pretty polarizing series. People tend to either love it or hate it. Thundercats Roar was more widely hated prior to its premiere though. At least part of that is due to the backlash towards its art style and being another comedic reboot of a nostalgic property. Another part of the backlash was the notion that they were going to turn Thundercats into basically another TTG, which based on the premiere is pretty much the case. I also haven't seen as much hate towards Thundercats Roar after the premiere aired, at least not as much compared to when it was announced.

Thundercats Roar could still get more hate over time since it did just start, but both TTG and the PPG reboot seem to have much more active and intense backlash than Thundercats Roar currently does.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
There have been far worse shows in CN's history. I reckon The Problem Solverz was widely hated back then. I sorta understand the Thundercats Roar issue, but at the end of the day it feels like Mighty Magiswords by comparison.

Spacething7474

Modern Fairly OddParents’ strongest soldier
As someone who likes most of the “hated” CN shows, I can assure you that there’s far more shows that people defend less then Thundercats Roar!.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
What's wrong with Hamtaro? Granted, it was a bad fit for Toonami, but it was cute and had a great theme song.

Yeah, I personally don't recall having a problem with it. But there was hate for it online back in 2002. "What happened to Outlaw Star and Gundam Wing? Why are you airing a show about hamsters?!?"

Dr.Pepper

I’ve been kind of out of it, but I haven’t seen too much hate for Thundercats Roar after the series was first announced. CN Real (for example) is still bashed to this day.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I'm not interested in it, let alone putting myself in front of it. It doesn't look like something I, MYSELF would enjoy. As for its obvious haters, blame the meme (I really hate memes now, thanks to this noise, BTW!) that is "CalArts". UGH.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
People who make/read a lot of memes tend to think that they belong to a majority, but in reality they belong to a minority. LazyTown comes to mind.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I think Annoying Orange is the most hated show they ever aired because I see virtually no one defend it.

To be fair, it wasn't good, let alone good looking. No surprise there at all.

People who make/read a lot of memes tend to think that they belong to a majority, but in reality they belong to a minority. LazyTown comes to mind.

This is pretty much why I hate memes. They don't so anything to make a show truly worth watching in a real way, especially not something that shouldn't have been made the way it was like TCR, for a major example.

Also, LazyTown was below average puppet trash that has only aided in killing / making it extremely unpopular to like that particular medium in the US, despite the likes of those actually great Muppets films Disney made sometime in the past decade to revive actual positive interest in the medium, too - shame it didn't work. Unlike LazyTown, those movies were, again, ACTUALLY GOOD.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts