Is the end for Traditional non streaming Kids TV coming.

Latest News & Videos

aegisrawks

Apr 25, 2010
Paraguays
Lets not mince words here. While I am actually quite optimistic about Kids TV (To the point I still think Saturday Mornings are viable and that at least one major TV Network should try again.) I think that unless something changes soon the end for Kids TV outside of streaming could be near.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon are now both putting their cartoons on streaming... but we still have Disney Channel?

aegisrawks

Apr 25, 2010
Paraguays
I really dont mind that they do that. I want to see opinions on whether the ratings justify keeping traditional tv channels alive. I think they do. So while I do agree with you its not because CN And Nick put cartoons on streaming but rather that Disney Channel STILL scores over a million with their special event movies showing there is still interest in the channe.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
Isn't Disney Channel shutting down (or already shut down) in several countries?
Yeah...
Disney Channel closed down in Australia, New Zealand and Italy.
Disney XD closed down in Australia, New Zealand and all of Western Europe except the UK/Ireland, the Netherlands and the Nordic countries.
Disney Junior closed down in Australia, New Zealand, Italy and the Netherlands.

But to be fair, Disney doesn't really need three channels, does it? Belgium is doing fine with just two Disney networks.

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
Mar 17, 2010
Canada
Most of the megacorps have vastly devalued their linear offerings. Disney+ is $9/month in Canada. My cable company charges $7/month for Disney Channel, $4/month for Disney Junior, $4/month for Disney XD, $7/month for Nat Geo and $4/month for Nat Geo Wild. Why pay more for less content?

The cable companies realize this, which is likely why so many Disney channels are dying off internationally. They're probably lobbying for lower rates, but Disney refuses to compromise. From their perspective, having the linear channels die-off isn't the worst thing as it'll just encourage more people to sign up for Disney+.