Is The Batman returning next week?

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
It looks like we have a conflict for Toonami's schedule next week. The second season of The Batman is scheduled for next week at 8.0PM at Zap2It (despite it not being advertised), yet The Fantastic Four is listed on CN's website (even though that didn't air last night, while a rerun of Naruto took its place).

We all know that both those schedule sites aren't exactly the most reliable, so does anyone know what's going on?

Master Moron

Well, this week they took off Fantastic Four for another Naruto rerun, so we must assume that the ratings were bad. I'm guessing they're using The Batman as a replacement for Fantastic Four. It seems odd that they're not advertising it at all, though.

Dr. Anime

only zap2it.com has The Batman returning to toonami. Tvguide.com and Cartoonnetwork.com all have Fantastic Four remaining with no signs of The Batman at all.

Sketch

not like those other old guys
The Batman is also listed on Toonami's home page for 8PM while the CN grids say FF is at 8PM. I say CN just didn't update the grids yet. The best time to check CN's grids are mid week. They change things on the fly a lot.

Either way I'd count on both FF and Batman airing next Saturday 8PM-9PM.

Funkatron

I was right! Dish Network's guide has said the Batman since Saturday. Adios, F4

Royce

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
Royce said:

The only question is is this for one week only, and then FF returns, or will the Naruto encore continue? It's important to remember that CN has a history of not updating their schedule for the following weeks, so that's still inaccurate as far as it goes. What we know for certain is zap2it showed The Batman would take over this week, and it is. Zap2it also shows that Fantastic Four and The Batman will air next week. We'll have to wait and see.

Royce

Zapt2it hasn't always been correct. So I don't consider Zap2it's schedule as the be all end all. Although CN isn't always accurate either.

Besides the episode for Fantastic Four that Zap2it says is The Impossible man. There is an episode before that one but they are not showing it this week. And isn't it said that CN is getting rid of FF. So CN's schedule makes more sense to me. But who knows.

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
Royce said:
Zapt2it hasn't always been correct. So I don't consider Zap2it's schedule as the be all end all. Although CN isn't always accurate either.

Besides the episode for Fantastic Four that Zap2it says is The Impossible man. There is an episode before that one but they are not showing it this week. And isn't it said that CN is getting rid of FF. So CN's schedule makes more sense to me. But who knows.

CN has made no announcement saying they are getting rid of Fantasic Four. It was assumed by everyone that they were pulling it due to low ratings, but it is unknown what exactly is happening to it.

Sketch

not like those other old guys
livingfruitvirus said:
Adlink has FF at 8, Batman at 8:30, and Naruto the rest of the night for next Saturday.

And more times than not, Adlink is right. They get the schedule straight from CN don't they?

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
All three schedules are generally right, it is often just a question of when the schedule was last updated. It appears The Batman is indeed airing in some timeslot this month. The previous Cartoon Network schedule showing Fantastic Four airing wasn't wrong per se, it was just outdated. That being said, it is always important to look for irregularities and things that don't seem right. No schedule is right 100% of the time. Not all schedules update at the same time and each occassionally has their errors.

Anarky

Team Conan
to echo a previous post, yahootv (which has served me well the past few yrs) has the FF returning to Toonami at 8pm 18Nov, followed by The Batman at 8.5pm. The ep title is "Impossible". If this is true I'm curious as to why they're delaying "De-Mole-Ition".

RockmanDash

Retired
Master Moron said:
Has anyone seen any ads for The Batman or Fantastic Four?

Most of the time I would see Fantastic four ads but not anymore looks like it is gone for a while and that stinks if you ask me I was starting to like it.Oh well The Batman is fine to

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts