Is Teen Titans Go! Cartoon Network's flagship show?

powerjake

Banned
Is Teen Titans Go! the Flagship show of Cartoon Network, It's still going and has not even ended yet. The cartoon keeps getting big 52 episode seasons and the channel makes sure not to air them too quickly so the new season would have a slow run.

Could this be Cartoon Networks equivalent of SpongeBob SquarePants?.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I never understood why, especially since the show premiered when Turner was still a separate business unite. WarnerMedia didn't even exist.

I would consider a network's show a flagship if the studio behind it was directly linked to the channel. TT GO! was for years considered to be third-party (until WarnerMedia happened), and this isn't the first time, that happened with Johnny Test before, and most of the seasons were entirely handled by DHX (WB was only involved in the first couple of seasons).

Light Lucario

Staff member
I would say so. I don't think it's quite on the level of Spongebob of successful or rather being as profitable for Cartoon Network as Spongebob is for Nickelodeon, but it's definitely one of their most successful series. It has hundreds of episodes with no end in sight, a theatrical movie and it's used for some promos like to advertise the Cartoon Network app.

5YearsOnEastCoast

By looks of on how much it airs, how long it lasted (it is on CN for like 8 years so far), has most episodes out of any CN show and it is getting a spin-off, I can certainly say that it did became a flagship show for CN.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Normally a show this shady should have been retired years ago, but LOTS of people still watch the new episodes. And those "lots of people" are the right demographics for Cartoon Network. Little kids love the show for the reasons I hate it. Never said kids were the highest class of fan. Just the fact that it's the one show on the network that delivers kiddie eyeballs to the advertisers, and the fact that it must be dirt cheap to make, justifies it becoming CN's flagship show. No reason to cancel it while both of those things are true.

Also, I am not sure if any little girls watch the show or not, but just the fact that Raven and Starfire are two of the most important characters must suggest SOME young female fans.

The Simpsons, on the other hand? Fox is just burning through money keeping it on the air. The reruns would be a LOT more valuable and lucrative in syndication if it were finally canceled. Talk about a network not knowing when to exit the stage gracefully.

whoisretro

Is Teen Titans Go! the Flagship show of Cartoon Network, It's still going and has not even ended yet. The cartoon keeps getting big 52 episode seasons and the channel makes sure not to air them too quickly so the new season would have a slow run.

Could this be Cartoon Networks equivalent of SpongeBob SquarePants?.

It definitely isn't SpongeBob level but it and Gumball are definitely CN's flagship shows right now and out of all the shows that could be considered as the flagship during a certain time period these shows have been so for the longest (they've been dominating the network for almost 7 years now).

Markus Nelis

Craig of the Creek should be CN's flagship show now. The show has even beat Teen Titans Go! multiple times. I wouldn't say TTG will make it to mid 20s.

powerjake

Banned
I would say so. I don't think it's quite on the level of Spongebob of successful or rather being as profitable for Cartoon Network as Spongebob is for Nickelodeon, but it's definitely one of their most successful series. It has hundreds of episodes with no end in sight, a theatrical movie and it's used for some promos like to advertise the Cartoon Network app.

Cartoon Network sure likes to keep it going on forever. Who knows maybe it will end once Earth's Sun is at the end of its lifespan.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
I don't know if CN will EVER have a flagship show. Every time it looks like they have one, it ends.

We thought shows like Dexter's Lab, PPG, Johnny Test, or Adventure Time would be the shows to dominate CN in the past. They didn't last nearly as long as marquee shows on other networks like SpongeBob, South Park, or The Simpsons. Those shows have staying power, while CN's shows meet an eventual end. Also, it looks like TTG itself might even be winding down. The show's diminished presence on the schedule from March 29 onward and the announcement of a spinoff seem to be the writing on the wall.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
I wouldn't be totally sure since though TTG! is limiting itself to instead of 5 hours a day still closer to two and a half, a lot of that is banking on stuff like Eliot from Earth being a new potential big hit for CN which is curently unproven. Plus TTG! is still getting a seventh season so it's still going to be on till at very least 2022 and as the spinoff Night Begins to Shine will likely be done by a different team that isn't a guarantee it's ending. I mean Spongebob is getting spinoffs, and it's still CN's big bread winner.

Though yeah I will say Cartoon Network has never gotten a show that's fully "gone the distance" especially as just one show. I mean Ben 10 is the longest lasting franchise that's had constant new shows and series without any major gaps but it's also been 5 shows where the big sales were more in the toys then the ratings. TTG! has been such a ratings juggernaut but has faltered more in the last few years and yeah though it has lastest longer a hit then any CN show so far I don't see it being a Spongebob level hit. Especially since Spongebob at one point or another was beloved by pretty much EVERYONE not just kids and yeah you kind of need a general love from everyone to stay around. Granted I'm sure CN even with targetting such kids demos would love a show that is constantly so popular (since printing new episodes of a still popular burning franchise means not having to take as much chance on other shows and networks do need some sort of stability) but yeah I don't know if even TTG would be able to maintain a Spongebob level of popularity for like even half as long as Spongebob's been on.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I don't know if CN will EVER have a flagship show. Every time it looks like they have one, it ends.

We thought shows like Dexter's Lab, PPG, Johnny Test, or Adventure Time would be the shows to dominate CN in the past. They didn't last nearly as long as marquee shows on other networks like SpongeBob, South Park, or The Simpsons. Those shows have staying power, while CN's shows meet an eventual end. Also, it looks like TTG itself might even be winding down. The show's diminished presence on the schedule from March 29 onward and the announcement of a spinoff seem to be the writing on the wall.
Huh, which spinoff?

harry580

the reason why spongeobb is flagship on nick because its a original idea

for ttg, its not because its based on a pre existing ip and that's ip is dc comics

powerjake

Banned
I've noticed Cartoon Network is doing everything they can to keep this show alive like they refuse to end it.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I've noticed Cartoon Network is doing everything they can to keep this show alive like they refuse to end it.
Well if the show is successful and giving them money, why wouldn't they want to keep it going? I'm not a fan of the series myself, but it does have its fans and it clearly is connecting with kids. Wanting to keep the series going, either through ordering more seasons or going for a spin-off series, makes sense.

CyberCubed

Even though it was an anime, Dragonball Z was CN/Toonami's flagship show for about a decade.

For cartoon, I don't consider TT Go a big show. It keeps getting renewed for endless seasons of course, but in terms of overall appeal? Doesn't seem anywhere as popular as Justice League or Teen Titans 2003 were. I remember when I was a teenager in the early 2000's, those shows and the Toonami block were the "talk of the town" and people couldn't stop raving about them. Even the 4kids Ninja Turtles show and of course Pokemon and Yu-gi-Oh at the time felt bigger.

I almost never see people talk about TT Go (besides people hating on it), on forums at all besides a small handful of people. It almost feels like revisionist history because any of us online for 20 years now will certainly remember how "big" shows were in the early 2000's. Kids these days are too busy on social media and on their iphones and ipads these days than our generation.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
Adventure Time still #1 imo. Then TTG and then Ben 10 and PPG. And then Steven Universe with Gumball. And then everything else. When you become mainstream, a meme and get awards then you're a flagship. I think the comparison with Simpsons, South Park or Spongebob is pointless since those show were designed to last with almost no plot so it's not a fair comparison. In that regard CN shows are superior. TTG comes closest in that sense because it's used basically for everything.

powerjake

Banned
It makes me wonder if Cartoon Network will ever get bored of Teen Titans Go!?.

Johnny Test took forever to end when it aired on the channel.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

2 days ago, this happened.

CartoonAnn started following me and started a conversation, but when I checked it, it got closed and she was banned despite not doing anything negative.

This was the 1st time that a follower of me got unexpectedly banned. Really weird.
There's apparently an episode of Tig N Seek where Eric Bauza guest starred as himself.

I'm like having trouble sleeping, but Parry Gripp nearly helped me.
The Invitel provider's backstory:

1993-2005 - Radiant Rt. - Radiant Rt is tv provider and partner "contactor"
2005-2011 - FiberNet - FiberNet just a provider
2011-today - Invitel - Invitel is just a provider like early Fibernet

Featured Posts