Is sym bionic titan the best cartoon ever produced by Cartoon network?

Latest News & Videos

ToonerZ

Mar 8, 2014
I just finished the series and I'M shocked by the quality of this cartoon. This is amazing ! This is the first High school drama series that actually I liked and not piss me off. Not only I like the show, but , in my opinion, it's the best CN show ever. This show only became better and better and they cancelled it at his first season :( This was a crime for art.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
While it was a good series and was cancelled way too early, I don't know if I'd say it was the best show that they ever made. I could think of a few series that I'd prefer to watch more than Sym-Bionic Titan, but I don't know if there's any show that I could say was their absolute best one.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Nov 1, 2013
It was a good show but it still is far from being CN's best my personal best has to go Samurai Jack, the show could take place anywhere with great backgrounds, cinematic scenes, great creature design, excellent fight scenes. and episodes where action speak more than words

Golden Geek

Gera Gera Po
Dec 31, 2013
United States
[video=youtube;pWdd6_ZxX8c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c[/video]

(Okay, I also share that opinion, but I couldn't resist posting this. :D)

The Talon

Jan 20, 2012
Townsville
I loved Sym-Bionic Titan throughout its criminally short run, the whole show just felt a lot like a Japanese mech show combined with a John Hughes movie. It had slick visuals, nice action, gory monster fights, well-developed characters; like Samurai Jack on steroids. I wouldn't say it's the best show CN has ever made, but I definitely would put it in my top 5.

To this day, I wonder how many people became fans of SBT after just watching "Lessons in Love" :p.

Rhaynebow

Aug 11, 2013
New York
Honestly, while I did enjoy SBT, I didn't find it to be AS great as others. I found a lot of the character designs to be downright hideously frightening. While it's nice to have various designs beyond generic attractiveness, some characters were just so horrendous-looking that I counted down the seconds until the camera switched off their faces. Next was the school drama theme. This is one of my LEAST favorite genres and I wish that action shows with teenage leads would stop tying in high school into the story. I'm more interested in the ACTION, not the stupid test out hero is worried about. To me, it's a poor means of making the characters seems relatable, as if some overhyped guy was screaming 'Hey look, this guy has teenage troubles, just like you! Except he has superpowers. And stops bad guys from potentially killing hundreds of people. But he still has a curfew, so he's JUST like you!' Unless kids can relate to having a crime-fighting/ monster-mashing alter ego, I don't think simply putting the heroes in high school counts as making them relatable.
SBT seems to be the case. I don't know, to me the whole 'We just crash-landed on a foreign planet, let's go to high school to blend in' theme seemed kind of weak for the tone of the show. CN advertised it with the tag line 'Clash is in session' when the show didn't really focus much on school life. Quite a few episodes took place OUT of school and turned out to be some really good ones, like Tashy 497 and the one where Illana turns into a monster. Heck, some episodes even took place in SPACE. The show just seemed too BIG and Science-fiction-y to be condemned to school dance episodes and bullies.SBT was a good show that certainly did NOT deserve the treatment it got, but I couldn't help but feel like it didn't know WHAT kind of show it wanted to be. I for one could've lived WITHOUT the high school setting. This show was too good for cafeteria food jokes and stereotypical high school hierarchy.

ChildHood90s

Loves his coffee
Jan 16, 2010
United States
I honestly can look back on Sym-Bionic Titan and say it's one of the most SOLID animated [action] experiences to come out of Cartoon Network Studios. The visuals are so streamlined yet appealing, the action scenes DYNAMIC, and the characters' plots easy to follow and [arguably?] likable. This show was really hitting a nice stride near the end of its first season. For what was made, it really was another tight action experience from CN Studios and Genndy Tartakovsky.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
Honestly, while I did enjoy SBT, I didn't find it to be AS great as others. I found a lot of the character designs to be downright hideously frightening. While it's nice to have various designs beyond generic attractiveness, some characters were just so horrendous-looking that I counted down the seconds until the camera switched off their faces. Next was the school drama theme. This is one of my LEAST favorite genres and I wish that action shows with teenage leads would stop tying in high school into the story. I'm more interested in the ACTION, not the stupid test out hero is worried about. To me, it's a poor means of making the characters seems relatable, as if some overhyped guy was screaming 'Hey look, this guy has teenage troubles, just like you! Except he has superpowers. And stops bad guys from potentially killing hundreds of people. But he still has a curfew, so he's JUST like you!' Unless kids can relate to having a crime-fighting/ monster-mashing alter ego, I don't think simply putting the heroes in high school counts as making them relatable.
SBT seems to be the case. I don't know, to me the whole 'We just crash-landed on a foreign planet, let's go to high school to blend in' theme seemed kind of weak for the tone of the show. CN advertised it with the tag line 'Clash is in session' when the show didn't really focus much on school life. Quite a few episodes took place OUT of school and turned out to be some really good ones, like Tashy 497 and the one where Illana turns into a monster. Heck, some episodes even took place in SPACE. The show just seemed too BIG and Science-fiction-y to be condemned to school dance episodes and bullies.SBT was a good show that certainly did NOT deserve the treatment it got, but I couldn't help but feel like it didn't know WHAT kind of show it wanted to be. I for one could've lived WITHOUT the high school setting. This show was too good for cafeteria food jokes and stereotypical high school hierarchy.
Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the high school setting myself. It just seemed far less interesting than the conflict on their homeworld or dealing with the emotional and psychological impact of being forced into a strange new world. I never cared much for Tashy 497 since it seemed like they were trying to make the alien's death far more emotional than it actually was considering that they spent most of the episode chasing it around the city. The only aspect of the high school setting that I did like was Newton's relationship with Kimmy. It actually gave them some development, instead of keeping Kimmy as the typical high school cheerleader stuck-up bully, and their relationship came off as genuinely sweet to me.

ChildHood90s

Loves his coffee
Jan 16, 2010
United States
Kimmy and Newton OTP 2011. <3

Characters like Kimmy and the stories they could tell when getting tangled up in an alien conflict (to me) is why the high school setting at all mattered to this show. I'd imagine a Sym season 2 would only further turn the tropes common to the High School setting on its head, with the high school serving as the setting for many fantasy/sci-fi story lines. Wish I could see what Genndy had in store for this cartoon.

Dusty

Superman.
Nov 15, 2003
Metropolis, Earth,
kal-dusty.deviantart.com
I agree about the greatness of this show but I can't rank it higher than Samurai Jack or some other CN shows. I mean Samurai Jack was just amazing. Symbionic Titan was incredible for sure, but I really can't call it the greatest CN show ever made, ( I don't think any show can or should really be labeled that.) I think only having top 3s, 5s, 10s, or just having a favorite is what I can say about TV shows and such... Wow I completely took this too seriously and analyzed far too much... Ha ha, sorry...

I do wish CN or WB would release this show on Blu... or heck give me a series DVD. I haven't seen this show since it was cancelled... :/ (Hmmm, maybe I should see if iTunes or Netflix has this show since DVD release is highly unlikely.) :(

EDIT: just checked iTunes, they don't have this available in HD?!? Wha? How? Why?... Uggg CN and WB, just uggg. :/

D.

Goldstar Neo

Good Morning!
Jun 4, 2007
Cartoonsville
animationnation.proboards20.com
The robots' designs and animation were great, but the rest of the show was kind of dull. I didn't care about the story or the characters. Sym-Boitic Titan lost me the moment that it dropped the main characters in a generic high school setting. Then it quickly degenerated into the same"extraordinary characters surviving high school" shtick that I've seen 100 times before.

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
I'm sorry to say that my favorite thing about the show was Octus and Kimmie's relationship. And I'm usually not the shipping type. That and them teaming up with G3.
I mean yeah the show had great action and great direction, but like with Samurai Jack, there are episodes that exist that should've been used to progress the plot.

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
New York
I don't know about all time, but of the late 5 or so years yeah it is, but that is my opinion and based on my personnal taste. There is no right or wrong answer.

I am still angry there was never a second season, I wanted to see who the Dr. Claw like dude was, I wanted to see if any of the other kids were going to find out our trio were aliens, how would Kimmy would react to Newton being a robot, will the world find out they are aliens, well we ever see Baron in present day, so many questions.

I hope at the very least, at the very least someone IDW would make a comic that continues the series and ties up the loose ends.

trance2009

Good night everybody!
Apr 26, 2010
Hammond, Indiana
Genndy kinda struck gold with Dexter, and soon everybody and they mama was aping its style. Jack, Titan and the work he did on PPG were kinda similar but not revolutionary.

GC13

What would Doyle do?
Nov 10, 2009
Texas
www.lunarseaspire.com
Sym-Boitic Titan lost me the moment that it dropped the main characters in a generic high school setting. Then it quickly degenerated into the same"extraordinary characters surviving high school" shtick that I've seen 100 times before.
I'm sorry, how much of the show did you actually watch? I was very worried about the high school setting, but thankfully the fact that they were in high school was only used as a side thing; it enabled certain plots, but it was never the main driver of the show. I'd certainly never say it was about them being at high school.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

And the winner is "The Grim Adventures Of The KND" which got 3 votes. "Modern Primitives" got nothing. The next matchup is between "Sky Pirates In The Sky" and "Quack Pack" .

Who is the most yellow-est fella that lives under the sea? Today SpongeBob and his VA Tom Kenny are celebrating Birthday! What a coincidence!
And yes, SpongeBob was born on July 14,1986, exactly 34 years ago!
CNC
This week, Universal Kids will be celebrating the nationwide launch of parent company NBCUniversal's new streaming service - Peacock - by airing a 24-hour marathon of the now-Peacock Original: Where's Waldo? Plus a themed weekend marathon of different shows they've aired in the past and present.

Wait, Ninjago is still airing new episodes?
Somebody on Twitter makes a picture on Steven Universe being a loser and compares it to other show -> the tweet gets over 10000 likes.