Is Disney Going To Banned Snow WHite, Cinderella, and Other Princesses Movies Because of MeToo?

TsWade2

Okay, I've heard about Kristen Bell's ridiculous comment about Snow White being the victim of her Prince kissing her without permission and I'm starting to worry. Is DIsney going to banned Snow White, Cinderella, and other Disney princess movies because of the metoo era? I think this whole metoo campaign is getting out of hand. I'm worried for the fate of Snow White and other princesses movies.

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
Personally, this is a case of thinking way too much about classic tales (especially given how the Disney version actually have the princes show up early in Snow White and Sleeping Beauty).

Light Lucario

Staff member
I think that you might be missing the point of #MeToo if you're worried about the fate of Disney Princess movies due to this movement. I like Disney movies as much as the next person, but I don't think that they're more important than women getting the chance to speak out against what abuse they've gone through and find support too.

I don't know about Kristen Bell's comment, but I doubt that Disney is going to ban Snow White or any of their other profitable princess movies. Snow White was their first animated movie and being kissed by the prince isn't really on the same level of what many women have experienced. I'm not even sure what the problem would be for Cinderella when she is able to overcome her abusive step family.

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
It's likelier that Kristen Bell gets banned than those movies.

TsWade2

Sorry about that. I guess I need to work on my thinking, because like in Gravity Falls, I'm jumping to conclusions. And so is Kristen Bell.

ToonJay723

Staff member
Those article headlines are clickbait. That's why you should always read articles instead of assuming something based off a headline. Kristen Bell was reading the book Snow White to her children. Then after reading it she asked them questions like "Would you eat an apple from a stranger?" or "Do you think it's weird the Prince kissed Snow without her permission?". She was just simply asking her children what they would do in that situation to see if she's raising her kids properly. She never talked about the Disney movie, that was just something those article headlines threw in because they knew more people will talk about it if they made it sound like Kristen Bell hates Disney movies.

Last edited:

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Okay, I've heard about Kristen Bell's ridiculous comment about Snow White being the victim of her Prince kissing her without permission and I'm starting to worry.

As you said, it's ridiculous, so you don't need to worry.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Here's an Intel Pentium MMX commercial featuring the voice of Casey Kasem, along with a certain disco hit song:

Boomerang might as well join Nicktoons and TeenNick now.

Featured Posts