Is Disney Going To Banned Snow WHite, Cinderella, and Other Princesses Movies Because of MeToo?

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News

TsWade2

Apr 5, 2015
Ratings
308 5
Okay, I've heard about Kristen Bell's ridiculous comment about Snow White being the victim of her Prince kissing her without permission and I'm starting to worry. Is DIsney going to banned Snow White, Cinderella, and other Disney princess movies because of the metoo era? I think this whole metoo campaign is getting out of hand. I'm worried for the fate of Snow White and other princesses movies.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
Ratings
In a Dream World
I think that you might be missing the point of #MeToo if you're worried about the fate of Disney Princess movies due to this movement. I like Disney movies as much as the next person, but I don't think that they're more important than women getting the chance to speak out against what abuse they've gone through and find support too.

I don't know about Kristen Bell's comment, but I doubt that Disney is going to ban Snow White or any of their other profitable princess movies. Snow White was their first animated movie and being kissed by the prince isn't really on the same level of what many women have experienced. I'm not even sure what the problem would be for Cinderella when she is able to overcome her abusive step family.

ToonJay723

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Ratings
1,555 12
New York
Those article headlines are clickbait. That's why you should always read articles instead of assuming something based off a headline. Kristen Bell was reading the book Snow White to her children. Then after reading it she asked them questions like "Would you eat an apple from a stranger?" or "Do you think it's weird the Prince kissed Snow without her permission?". She was just simply asking her children what they would do in that situation to see if she's raising her kids properly. She never talked about the Disney movie, that was just something those article headlines threw in because they knew more people will talk about it if they made it sound like Kristen Bell hates Disney movies.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Hey Lady Lucario! Long time no see! How is life treating ya?
I like that Delta Rune doesn't even try to conceal it's creepy subtext. Just tosses it right at you from the start.
am i the only one who notices the change, while nobody else does?
RIP Stan Lee, the legendary Marvel creator.
Happy Veterans Day to all the brave men and women in service. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication.