VHSTrader234

PM me to trade VHS tapes. KidsWB, CN, FoxBox
After they fired the original script writer I've been very nervous.

The original script writer was going to base inspiration from the Sonic Adventure games. I've sense lost the source of that but it was on his facebook page.

Anyone think it's going to be good or just a cash grab?

At least it's not sonic boom the movie so it can't be that bad. right? RIGHT?!

I'm not going to lie I kind of like the plot. Cop teams up with sonic to protect him from the government. Sounds kind of like some inspiration from Sonic Adventure 2.

I'm going to be hopeful. Sonic the Hedgehog (film) - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Dudley

Staff member
Nope. I’ve seen too many similar movies doing what the Sonic movie did, and they were all pretty awful.

I will watch it when it ends up on TV though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
I'm kind of just bummed that they're replacing Roger Craig Smith as Sonic.

Like, I'm not surprised they're not using the current game VA's, and Ben Schwarz seems like a good enough fit for Sonic, but I was really hoping to hear Roger Craig Smith in this :(.

VHSTrader234

I'm kind of just bummed that they're replacing Roger Craig Smith as Sonic.

Like, I'm not surprised they're not using the current game VA's, and Ben Schwarz seems like a good enough fit for Sonic, but I was really hoping to hear Roger Craig Smith in this :(.
Why? Do you actually like Sonic sounding like a whiny tired entitled millennial?
Bring back Jason Griffith or Ryan Drummond. They made Sonic and Shadow sound the best. Their voice acting sounded like there was meaning and passion behind what was being said. I'd rather listen to someone who sounds serious about what they're saying. That's just my opinion though. I actually like Roger Craig Smith in Sonic Boom but that's only because I call it Sonic's Vacation Antics.

Pooky

Staff member
I'm curious. I've never (well, maybe as a kid) thought of Sonic as natural live action movie material, so if I don't like it I've lost nothing (in contrast I think a bad animated Mario movie would be a real missed opportunity). I like James Marsden and Jim Carrey, and the director's short film (Gopher Broke) was quite charming.

VHSTrader234

I'm curious. I've never (well, maybe as a kid) thought of Sonic as natural live action movie material, so if I don't like it I've lost nothing (in contrast I think a bad animated Mario movie would be a real missed opportunity). I like James Marsden and Jim Carrey, and the director's short film (Gopher Broke) was quite charming.

It won't look too bad if it looks something like this

SourSweetGone

Simultaneously Too Old &Too Young For The Internet
If they were putting any genuine effort into it I would be, but they are very obviously half-arsing it. Also should've just used some common sense and made it fully animated like Nintendo & illumination are doing with Mario this time.

jaylop97

Staff member
I'm not too excited nor uninterested, Sonic has the chance of doing good especially with Jim Carrey being the voice of Eggman, that's going to be fun.

SourSweetGone

Simultaneously Too Old &Too Young For The Internet
I'm not too excited nor uninterested, Sonic has the chance of doing good especially with Jim Carrey being the voice of Eggman, that's going to be fun.

He's not voicing Eggman, he is Eggman as in will be dressing up and playing him. That's the problem Sonic is the only animated thing about the film. This will be just a big a mess as the LA Chipmunks and Smurfs films!

Lock n' Stock

Poster just released...

...and it looks absolutely horrifying. What even is this?

Sonic-Poster-1_1200_1500_81_s.jpg

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I hope this movie being bad doesn't affect the gaming franchise - the games have gone through enough of a dark period (especially after how Sonic Mania was meant to be THE END of this so-called draught, too - despite some good games being sprinkled in, as well, during it.).

Without looking too much into this, I'm confident it'll be yet another franchise ruined by a cheap live-action cash grab (just like that of the Chimpmunks, the Smurfs, I could go on all day with this, honestly.).

Just more bona fide proof we need 2D animation in film to seriously make a comeback in the West and put crap ideas like this outta their misery. And that's FACT.

And most of thought that pony show movie would be the step in the right direction... Oh, how naive some of us were.

Last edited:

Dudley

Staff member
I wouldn’t be surprised if they pull a Smurfs, and release a fully animated movie where the characters look like they’re supposed to a few years from now.
And it’ll be in CG, of course.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they pull a Smurfs, and release a fully animated movie where the characters look like they’re supposed to a few years from now.
And it’ll be in CG, of course.

It worked well enough with Sonic Boom: TAS, knowing there uninorically are fans of that show (I ain't one, but I know there are plenty!). This is what should have happened if it must happen at all, in the first place!

What's happening here is gonna suck out loud, no questions asked. Just another live-action cash grab and nothing else to see here.

Neo Yi

Joustus!
Staff member
Reporter
The best case scenario for SEGA to do is go the way Nintendo is doing with Detective Pikachu (because come on, you don't get Ryan Reynolds to voice the mascot of one of the most profitable gaming franchises that at once was a pop cultural phenomenon without realizing that yes, this movie is bonkers, so we at Nintendo will embrace the madness) and accept the potentially unintentional trainwreck this film may or may not end up as.

That said, uncanny valley poster aside, there still isn't much to go by just yet, so guess we'll see how it goes down the line.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts