Is "A Pup Named Scooby Doo" under rated among the Scooby fandom?

zoombie

So watching a lot of Scooby Doo this month on Boomerang and on the Boomerang streaming site, so I have some old school classic Scooby and modern day Scooby, finally caught up on all of the Guess Who episodes.

I love old Scooby, especially the 1969-70 Scooby Doo Where Are You!, but one edge the 1998 - present new Scooby has (and no the lack of Scrappy which is still important, ha ha), is the trio have more personality and character to them. I dare someone to argue with me that newer Fred, Daphine, and Velma is not better than old school Fred, Daphine, and Velma. There is a reason the producers felt they could get rid of them in 1980.

And the modern day versions have more of a character, more of personality of their own, while not the level of Scooby and Shaggy, at least they can hold their own now.

I felt thought say what you want about it, but in Scooby Doo history, A Pup Named Scooby Doo, the first time the trio had personalities behind just being there. (though I do think Daphine had her moment in 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo!, defiantly the best of the Heather North era of the character) And while those personality traits don't carry over to the modern day versions. Daphine is not skeptic, Fred is not as clueless, Velma is not as shy. But it is a start.

So what says you?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm still trying to add pages from Yahoo Answers to the Wayback Machine; if you know of any interesting pages add them & send me a link.
I still hate the fact on the forums when you make a comment on a post and even you click "watch" you sometimes get no notification about it when someone makes a comment.
Someone made an interesting comparison between Sponge Out Of Water and Avengers Endgame.

Brenda Song and Macaulay Culkin have their first baby, a son named Dakota.

The Anime Superhero Hotel Concept is now available to everyone in this forum. Check it out if you want it.

Featured Posts